Without You, I'm Just Me

Old Enough To Know, But Too Young To Care.

I left school that day confused and worried. I knew Patrick cared about me, but did he like me enough to want to date me? My thoughts were interrupted when I saw Patrick in the parking lot standing beside my car. His smile made butterflies form in my stomach. “Hey” I managed to squeak out. Patrick blushed and wrapped his arms around me, kissing me gently on the forehead. I tried to figured out what it meant, I mean he’d kissed me on the forehead a heap of times when we were just friends, was this time any different? Patrick looked at me and frowned. “Is everything ok?” I bit my lip and nodded. We were about to get in the car when I noticed Megan running towards me beaming, pulling a jock guy roughly behind her. “Angie! I’ve been looking for you everywhere! I finally found the perfect match for you to take to the dance.” I saw Patrick blush, as he grabbed my hand. Megan’s eyes grew wide as she stared at me and Patrick. “Angie, why haven’t you introduced us? I’m Megan.” she looked expectantly at Patrick. “Oh, umm Megan this is-” I started, before being cut off by Patrick. “I’m Patrick, Angie’s b-boyfriend.” I blushed and looked at Patrick in surprise. He blushed and smiled at me.

Megan gasped dramatically. “Angie, why didn’t you tell me! You guys are so cute together! Well so much for my perfect matchmaking skills, I’ll see you tomorrow. Nice to meet you Patrick.” she smiled mischievously and pulled the guy away. As soon as she was out of earshot I turned to Patrick. “Boyfriend huh?” He blushed profusely and let go of my hand. “I’m sorry, I really should have asked you first. I just didn’t want to have to watch you fall for some other guy.” I smiled then kissed him gently. “I couldn’t imagine ever falling for anyone but you. But it probably wasn’t a good idea to tell Megan that you’re my boyfriend, she’s one of the biggest gossips in the school.” Patrick smile faded away and he looked concerned.

“I’m really sorry Angie.” I giggled before climbing into the drivers seat of my VW Beetle.

We drove to Patrick’s house we were going to hang out for a while. “Don’t worry, my mom’s not home so there won’t be any awkwardness.” I giggled. “Did you get in trouble for what happened last night?”

Patrick shook his head. “I mean mom was a little shocked when she came in, cause I’ve never had a girl over besides you and we usually just hang out. But scarily enough, I think she’s a little excited that I have a real girlfriend. She’s been determined to pair me off and get me married since I was six years old.” We both laughed as we walked hand in hand into his house. As soon as we entered the house, Patrick wrapped me in a tight embrace and pressed his lips to mine, he led me towards the couch and I wrapped my arms around his neck. We sat on the arm of the couch before jumping in shock. “Ugh, yuck can there please be no PDA’s while I’m present?” Pete walked out from the hallway with a mock disgusted look across his face. Patrick grabbed my hand and frowned. “It’s not a PDA if it’s in my own house, and how’d you get in here anyway?”

Pete smiled and held out a key. “Remember the night you forgot your house keys so you had to show me wear you hid the spare set? Well I still remember where you kept it.”

Patrick sighed. “That’s nice Pete, but we’re kinda busy here so..”

Pete laughed. “Busy doing what? Making out?” I saw Patrick blush, unsure of what to say. I felt bad for him so I wrapped my arms around him in a tight hug. Patrick smiled and rested his chin on the top of my head. Pete made another disgusted look, “Are you trying to make me throw up? I liked it a lot better when you guys were just friends.” he walked out the front door and I giggled. Patrick kissed me gently and sat back down on the couch. “Do you think we’re moving too fast?”

I frowned at him. “No, do you?”

He shook his head. “It’s just that I mean I know we’ve known each other for ages now, and it was almost as if we were sorta dating back then, but I don’t want us to move too fast cause I’m worried we’ll break up sooner.”

I gave him a sympathetic look and stroked his face. “If you want to slow down a little I’d be more than willing to do that for you, but I’m definitely going to break up with you anytime soon.” Patrick smiled and let out a deep breath before kissing me again.

The next morning Patrick offered to drive me to school each morning, so we could spend more time together. I loved the fact that he tried to spend time with me whenever he could, and always went out of his way to make me happy. I found myself smiling the entire drive to school, and each time we came to red light, Patrick would return my smile. I couldn’t remember ever feeling this good. As we entered the parking lot, I saw Sarah walking past. I frowned, I was still angry at her for what she’d said yesterday. Patrick got out of the drivers seat and walked to my side, opening the door for me to get out. I smiled at his gentlemanliness. He looked me up and down. “You look so beautiful today Angie.”

I blushed. “Thanks, you look pretty snazzy yourself. I just wish this bruise and rash would go away.”

He looked at me confused, “What do you mean?” I lifted up the side of my t-shirt and showed him the bruise. He rubbed his hand over it and winced, before looking at the rash on my neck. “Did I do that?” I nodded shyly. He blushed, and mumbled an apology. “Hey don’t worry about it, I’d rather it come from you than someone else.” Patrick smiled then laughed. I saw Sarah watching me with a smirk as she walked over. I knew exactly what she was planning on doing. I turned back to Patrick who was about to walk off. “Well, I better go. I’ll pick you up after school.” I saw Sarah only moments away, and I knew this was my chance to get back at her. I lunged at Patrick wrapping my arms around him, pressing my lips to his. Patrick seemed a little surprised but didn’t question my sudden burst of affection. He pulled me closer then smiled. “Well that was a little unexpected.” I looked over at Sarah who had stopped dead in her tracks, staring open-mouthed at us. She wasn’t the only one staring, I could see Logan and his group of friends, and quite a few of the kids in our grade there too. Patrick kissed my forehead. “I’ll see you this afternoon” He climbed back into the car and blew me a kiss. I giggled and waved back. I watched as Sarah ran over towards me. “What the hell was that?” She screeched in delight. I smiled at her, and announced a little louder than I had planned to. “That was me with my boyfriend Patrick.” She stared at me before screaming and wrapping her arms around me in a tight hug. I blushed and tried to pull away. I could see Logan giving me death stares, but I didn’t care. He’d had his chance, and it was too late now because I was completely and indescribably in love with Patrick Stump.
♠ ♠ ♠
So it's finally happened. About time right?
Really can't wait for the Watch A Catch, Donnie video they just finished filming. It's coming out in 3 weeks :)
|----------Original Author's Notes----------|
Hmm, this chapter doesn't seem to wanna post. Maybe my computer knows how much it sucks :/ Oh well read, rate and enjoy. the next one will be more interesting i promise, but at least this one has a happy ending!!! Ahhh, 3 days until meet and greet!!!
Thank to Anberlin for title inspiration.