Without You, I'm Just Me

I'm Dying Not To Hurt You

We sat in silence as the CD came to a stop in my Discman. Patrick looked up at me eagerly as I laid on his chest. “What did you think?” I took the headphones out of my ears and placed the Discman on my bedside table, keeping my blank expression. Patrick looked nervous at my delayed response, and started to adjust his glasses awkwardly. I smiled, and tackled him onto the bed. I kissed him gently and wrapped my arms around his neck. Patrick relaxed and laughed. “So I’m guessing you liked it then?” I giggled and shrugged my shoulders. “It was alright.” Patrick gasped in mock horror and grabbed the pillow throwing at my chest. I laughed and grabbed the pillow. “Honestly? It was absolutely amazing, you guys are so talented, I know you’re gonna get far,” I paused, “But I’m not just saying that because I’m your girlfriend just so you know.” He smiled and wrapped me in a tight embrace. I smiled and laid down in the bed beside him. It had been a week since they’d released their second album, and things had been going really well band-wise for Patrick, and I was really proud of him. “So what do you wanna do now?”
Patrick thought for a second. “Watch a movie?”
I groaned in exasperation. “ Why do we bother putting movies on? You never watch them anyway, you just watch me watch the movie.”
Patrick laughed. “What’s your point?”
I sighed. “That if you just wanna sit here and watch me, we don’t have to put on a movie.”
Patrick grabbed a pillow and started flipping it in the air. “But you look so cute when you’re concentrating on what’s happening.” I blushed and Patrick leant his shoulder against mine. He quickly sat up and grabbed a video tape from the shelf, and put it in the VCR. He laid down on the bed, and pulled me towards him. I smiled as I felt his hand running across my sides, and his breath against my neck. A few seconds later Patrick had his hands underneath my t-shirt and I could feel his lips on my neck. I giggled. “So now we’re making out?”
Patrick pulled me closer to him and bit his lip. “What’s wrong with that? Unless you want to stop.”
I gasped in mock horror. “Is that a threat, Patrick Stump?” Patrick smiled before pretending to think over his statement. I pulled myself out of his embrace and cleared my throat. “If that’s they way you want to play this, then very well.” He looked disappointed as soon as I moved out of his grasp, and sat up on the bed biting his lower lip. I frowned and crossed my arms. “Don’t you dare try to use that on me again, I’m telling you it will not work.” He stood up and walked over to me, before running his fingers tenderly across my face, my neck, my chest. I moved closer, craving his touch. Patrick jumped up in excitement, much to my surprise. “Yes!! I won!!” I shot him an angry look, so he gave me a tight hug. “Hey, for helping me win, I’ll let it slide just this once.” He took my hand and led me back to the bed and we continued watching the movie.

Half an hour later, Patrick had fallen into a deep sleep with his arms wrapped around my waist. I was close to dozing off as well, when my mom came into the room. She smiled when she saw us asleep in front of TV, which I confess was very surprising compared to her initial reactions of our “closeness.” I tried to sit up, but Patrick would have none of it. I fell back into the bed beside him, so mom walked over and perched herself on the edge of the bed beside me. She wasn’t going to give me “the talk“, right here in front of Patrick was she?
She smiled before looking at Patrick. “All tuckered out huh?”
I smiled in return and nodded. “Do you think I should wake him up and drive him home?”
She thought for a minute then shook her head. “He can stay the night if you want, as long as its alright with his parents.” I bit my lip. “Oh, Patrick only lives with his mom. But I’ll call her right now.” I attempted to get up, but yet again it proved futile.
Mom picked up a pen from the desk and held out her hand. “Just write it down, and I’ll call her instead.” I gave her an appreciative smile before reciting the number to her. Pleased with the way things had turned out, she left the room to make the phone call.

*~Patrick’s POV~*
I slowly opened my eyes, and smiled as soon as I saw Angie in my arms, asleep. I ran my fingers very gently through her hair, and I heard her groan. I reached my arm across her body to the bedside table, before putting on my glasses. I blinked a few times before almost jumping in fright. I was still at Angie’s house, in the bed with her, with her parents home. Oh crap. As if reading my mind, Angie’s mom came through the door smiling. “Sleep well?” I was a little shocked at how calm she was at the fact that I’d just spent all night alone in bed with her daughter. I pretended that this was nothing out of the ordinary and nodded in reply.
She smiled at my response. “I’ve made some breakfast downstairs, so when you’re ready you can grab something to eat.”
I smiled. “Thanks Mrs Smith.” She exited the door and retreated down the hallway. I felt Angie becoming restless, and knew she was about to wake up. “Hey beautiful, sleep well?” I whispered in her ear, before seeing her smile. She sat up, motioning for me to sit beside her. She leant her head delicately against my shoulder and grabbed my hands in hers. “How long have you been awake for?”
“Not that long, but your mom just came in and offered us breakfast, so I think we should be getting downstairs.” We both sat up and walked down the hallway hand in hand.

As we walked into the dining area, my jaw dropped. “Pete?” He looked up at me from his plate of pancakes.
“It’s about time you two woke up, I almost had to eat your breakfast for you.”
Angie frowned. “What are you doing here Pete?”
He shrugged his shoulders. “I was bored and Joe and Andy were busy, so I went to Patrick’s house then his mom said he was at Angie’s so I came here and your mom let me in and invited me for breakfast.” I rolled my eyes and sat in the chair beside him, with Angie walking into the kitchen to grab some pancakes. He leant over to me expectantly and talked in a low whisper. “So did you guys do it?” he raised his eyebrows suggestively. I frowned in disgust and punched him in the arm. “Gross Pete, why would you ask me that?” He shrugged and laughed. I shook my head. If there was one person I would never fully understand, it was Pete Wentz. His expression changed to a more serious one. “Have you told Angie about the tour yet?”
I bit my lip and shook my head. I’d been putting it off for weeks because I was worried about how Angie would feel about the fact that I was going to leave her for most of the summer to tour and be surrounded by fan girls. Pete looked disappointed. “Seriously? What do you think you’re going to do? Leave one morning and hope she doesn’t realise you haven’t been there all summer? Do you think she’s not going to realise I mean-” I kicked Pete’s leg under the table as Angie walked into the room. She sat in the chair closest to me and placed a large plate of pancakes in front of me. “I hope you’re hungry.” she smiled as she ran her fingers across my thigh. I smiled and started eating, sneaking glances at Pete who was telepathically threatening me with telling Angie himself. I shot him a “don’t even think about it” look and continued eating. If anyone was going to tell Angie I was leaving for the summer, it would be me and it would be at the perfect moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well as far as I can tell no one has read the last however many chapter I've posted so I'm now just posting these up here for the sake of posting them. I've stopped caring about the fact that no one is reading them.
|----------Original Author's Notes----------|
(fourth time lucky) Wow, chapter 15 YAY for me XD this filler chapter is leading up to something, just be patient, You know the drill: read, rate and enjoy. Thanks to cobra starship for inspiration.