Blood Is Thicker Than Love

She's a mystery after all.

The clouds rip through the sky like dynamite
to my surprise it was a beautiful sight
With our hands open wide
And I can't hide the truth as well as you.

I woke up the next day feeling fresh and happy. A huge grin is plastered on my face as I looked at the mirror. This is the first day that I'm gonna have to make Joe realize that he's the one for me. I took a bath, got ready and went downstairs. I saw Tracy making some breakfast, Eggs and Bacon and I gracefully sat at one of the counter tables.

"You look different today. I like it," Tracy told me with a smile on her face.

Yes I look extremely different today, Tracy, thank you very much. Of course I have to look different. This is the first day of my Joe extravaganza.

After eating breakfast, Tracy and I drove to the school. The drive was quiet, seeing that we don't have much to talk about. When we reached the school, I leaned and gave her a sisterly polite smack on the cheek.

I saw Nick at our usual spot, the bench near the fountain. We have other friends namely, Annie, Roxy, Matt and Dom but Nick and I are the usual ones who talk to each other.

"So, have you thought about the Joe plan last night?" I asked Nick.

He looked at me irritated. "What?" I asked him.

"I don't know. Ands, is it impossible for you to speak without Joe in it?" He asked me.

I grew quiet for a minute and answered, "No." with a smirk.

I heard Nick sigh as he grabbed the apple on my tray. "Nick, you have to take this seriously. This is my chance and I don't want to blow it. This is the chance wherein I'll let Joe realize that he's the one for me. That were perfect for each other. And you, being the best friend that I have and the brother he has, will help me." I explained, as I noticed that Joe and his buddies walk along. There, the butterflies in my stomach made an appearance, once again.

I looked at Joe intently. His luscious lips, his perfect body. Ugh, I can't wait to have him.

"Okay. But Andie, does it occur to you that maybe Joe wanted to be single for a while? I mean, maybe he wanted to do the 'Single and ready to mingle' thing that you always say?"

Nick has a point. Maybe he did want to be single for a while. Hmm.

The bell rang and Nick and I agreed that we would meet at the Cafeteria at Lunch. I slowly made my way to my first class which is History. I am seatmates with Annie, one of my bench buddies so I didn't have a problem.

"So, did you hear that Joe Jonas and Kresta Cummings just split up? It was kind of depressing but kinda awesome. Joe Jonas is single again!" one of my classmates chirped.

For a minute, I want to grab her and shove it down her throat. Sounds harsh but Joe are mine so back off.

Annie looked at me with the bright smile on her face. You see, I always compare my dear Annie to a sun. Her smiles are so much brighter than rainbows plus unicorns. I love her, but sometimes her optimism and perkiness gets along the way.

"Hey Ands. How's your morning? Have you talked to Nick?" Annie asked me with her overly chipper voice.

"It's...peachy but I love it. It's a fresh start, this morning. I don't know but something brought me to love this morning Anns." I opened to her, giving her the puppy eyes. Annie is practically one of my best friends but not to the point where I choose her over Nick. Oh no, not gonna happen.

Annie studied my face and smiled, "Joe right?"

Annie's one of the few people who knows my deep stalker obsession with Joe. I told you, she's practically one of my best friends.

I looked at her with such disdain and smiled. Yep, it's because of Joe.

"I knew it. The moment I heard it, I was like, Oh god, I have to prepare for this." Annie overreacted then laughed.

"Yeah, it feels so great. Plus, I witnessed the whole break up scene." I told her with a wink.

She looked at me with wide eyes. "Oh my gosh, Spill!"

After the long gossip moment with Annie and after the long History class, I am getting ready for my next class which is Biology. I walked slowly to my next room, passing through the hallways tiredly until...

I heard someone singing.

I heard a girl singing some sort of Kelly Clarkson lyrics and I've got to admit, her voice is sooo much better than awesome. Her voice knocked down my knees. Nothing beats her powerful voice. Curiosity killed the cat as I took a peek from the room. I noticed that the room's kind of Air conditioned so I assumed it was a classroom for the seniors. Yup, in Lincoln High, in order to pay tribute to the seniors as they are graduating and moving out the school for the next year, they were granted Air conditioned rooms.

Discrimination, right?

Back to the girl, I imagined her to be something...blonde. Like, Kresta Cummings blonde. Long, sleek straight and...wait what?

As I took a peek inside the room, my imagination turned upside down. I noticed the girls hair to is wavy long and...brunette. Weird, she looks like someone I really know. Someone like...

My sister.

Tracy.

Wait what? Pause, Rewind. Freeze.

It couldn't be. Tracy couldn't sing. Tracy doesn't sing. Tracy doesn't even have the guts to stand in front of a crowd. It couldn't be. I almost choked out her name when I heard a loud round of applause and some wolf whistles, cheering her. I saw the hesistant look on her face and shrugged. I examined the crowd and there I saw the love of my life.

Joe Jonas is in the same class with my sister. Big whoop.

I stared at Joe in somewhat forever and I noticed that he didn't bulge. He didn't move and he just kind of, stared into space. Staring into someone infront. Maybe even listening intently to whose in front. I looked at the platform and I saw no one but my sister. Their teacher is at the other side of the room, clapping her hand as well. But wait, my sister has a good voice. Why didn't Joe clap?

"Andie! There you are!" I heard Nick yell, breathing hard as if he just climbed on top of a mountain.

"What are you doing gaping like a fish there? Who's inside?" Nick sneaked but I pushed at the hallway.

"No one, what are you doing here?" I asked him gently. Wow, my sister has a nice voice. I can't believe it.

"I came up with some Joe plans while I'm at my Algebra class. Look! I even wrote some of 'em!" Nick proudly presented the huge stack of papers on his hands and waved them at me. I looked at him with uncertainty and grabbed the papers.

"Is there something wrong? Why is your face, um...crumpled?" Nick snickered at his last word and I smack his arm. He let out a small, "Ow" and looked at me with deep concern on his eyes. Oh, Nicky.

"I'm fine. I'm just...surprised that's all." I told him flatly.

He looked at me more with a disbelief in his eyes. "Andrea, I know that look. I thought were not gonna keep secrets with each other anymore." He reminded me.

I so have to tell Nick about my sister. Not that I'm making it a big deal but he has to know. I mean, Tracy and I were never really close so knowing something from her is kind of like a gold, buried deep down.

"Okay fine. I'll tell you everything at Lunch. But for now, I have to go to my Biology. I'm 5 minutes late." I walked rapidly leaving Nick. I saw the pieces of paper crumpled on my hand and looked back. Nick's still there.

"Oh and Nick," He looked at me surprised.

"Yes?"

"Thank you...For...These." I told him, waving the papers. I smiled at him and proceeded to my next class.

xx LUNCH

"So, you're saying that Tracy, you're sister, sings?"

We were at our usual lunch spot at the Cafeteria and here we are munching our Lunch. Nick's too lucky to have his packed lunch. While I, am unfortunate enough for not having Mom in the house to make me some packed food. Let's face it, Food at the Cafeteria sucks.

"Uh huh. She sings. It's kind of surprising really. I mean, Tracy? Singer?" I managed a small laugh as I chewed on my Beef Stroganoff or what I call a chewing gum because of it's...Ugh-ness.

"Why? Maybe she really sings. Why can it be impossible?" Nick asked me.

"Because...Tracy is...." I tried to reason out the possible reason why she just can't sing but not a single phrase popped into my mind.

"See? Nothing is Impossible. Maybe you're sister's really talented. She's smart. Plus, she's kind of hot. My type." Nick winked at me and for the second time, I smacked his arm hard.

"I am serious here."

"I know, I know I'm sorry. But Tracy's really talented, I can see it. And so I can't see why it's impossible. Plus, why are you even making a big deal of this? I mean, it's just singing. It's not like she's dancing some Chicken ritual or something." Nick mumbled, eating his Cheeseburger.

"Yep, you're right. Tracy's...flexible. And to be honest, I don't even know why I'm making a big deal of this so..." I grabbed Nick's burger from his hand and took a big bite.

"Hey, that's mine!" Nick grabbed his burger back again before we started some real food fight.

xx

"So...how was your day?" Tracy asked me with a bright smile on her face as she drove the car back to our house. I stared at her awkwardly, reflecting and imagining on her what I've seen a while ago. I noticed that she raised her eyebrows, probably looking for an answer so I think it's time for me to say something.

"It was...great." I told her flatly and I saw her nodd her head in agreement, the huge grin not leaving her face and drove home silently.