Tre's Angel

They Deserved It

This is an alternative ending that I felt the need to write.

Which one do you prefer?

I prefer this one…


Two Weeks Later

“I cannot believe I am bringing you home,” said Tre glancing over at his wife standing there, dressed and with her hair done just how he liked it, waiting for him to take her out of the hospital.

“I thought I’d lost you back then a couple of weeks ago,” he Tre bending over and picking up Angels suitcase.

“You’re never gonna lose me,” said Angel. “Not for a long time, I promise,” she said coming over to him and hugging him close to her.

“I love you so much,” said Tre just pleased that he could finally after all this time hug her tight.

“And I love you,” He could hear her muttering into his chest.

“Hey you too,” said the nurse coming into the room. “There’s plenty of time for that later, now get yourself into this wheelchair Angela, it’s still too soon for you to be walking too far.”

“Can’t I at least walk to the elevator, its where I’ve been walking to for the past week.” Angel said pulling away from Tre hesitantly.

“Very well,” said the nurse rolling her eyes, “but I’d like you to take my arm.”

Angel did as she was told and took the nurses arm and the three of them walked together down the corridor to the elevator.

“Thank you so much,” said Angel turning to the nurse who she’d grown friendly with.

“Yes, thank you for everything,” said Tre turning to look at the nurse also.

“You need to come back in next week for your check-up, in the meantime if anything is wrong or you feel unwell you need to visit your doctor,” said the nurse kindly.

“Oh I will make sure she does,” said Tre taking hold of his Angel and helping her sit into the wheelchair.

Tre pushed Angel into the elevator and pressed the down button. The down button to take them down and out of the hospital and home to Angel’s parents house where they would stay until she was well enough to be taken home with him.

Home.

Tre couldn’t wait to get her home and to meet his parents and kids.

He just couldn’t wait.

**

That was a close call thought Angel as Ron drove them home. She was sitting in the back seat with Tre who was holding her had tightly and kept giving her sidelong glances every now and again as if he couldn’t believe that this was happening and he was with his Angel and she’d come through it.

She’d nearly died apparently and they were nearly going to give up on her when her heart starting beating again.

Angel was desperate to get home, she had felt so much better each day and today she felt great. She wanted to get Tre home to her parents and just snuggle up in bed next to him and talk to him and just lie in his arms and plan their future together. It was finally going to happen, they told her that she would be OK and there was no reason that she couldn’t live a long and healthy life as long as she kept taking the drugs on a daily basis and she had regular checkups.

Her and Tre were finally going to be together, forever.

Looking over at him Angel reached up to his face with her free hand and gently touched him, just feeling him to make sure that all this was real.

“What are you thinking?” She said to him, just staring at him.

“I’m thinking I’m the luckiest man alive,” he said looking down at her.

“That’s funny,” said Angel, “I was just thinking that I was the luckiest woman alive.

They laughed together and Ron glanced in the rear-view mirror thinking that he was the luckiest man alive having brought these two together.

Three Months Later

“Tre, what a beautiful house,” said Angel as she opened the door of the taxi.

”Its great isn’t it?” Tre replied taking his wife’s hand as she got out of the taxi.

“So this is where you live here with Claudia, its gorgeous,” she said standing up beside him.

“Yes but I’ve got my eye on a little place just down the street for you and me and as it’s so close by I can still see so much of Frankito.”

“I can’t wait to meet them, are they here?” She said taking Tre’s arm.

“Of course they’re here and they’re dying to meet you too.” He said putting his hand on hers.

Suddenly the front door opened and a beautiful dark-haired woman stood there, she came out, hurrying as if she’d been waiting for them to arrive.

“Hello Angel, so good to meet you at last,” she said taking Angel’s hand, “and I’m just so glad everything worked out for you, really I am,” she said sincerely.

“Thanks. You must be Claudia I’ve heard so much about you,” said Angel.

“All good stuff I hope,” said Claudia raising her eyebrows at Tre.

“Of course,” said Tre.

What a beautiful woman thought Angel.

“Hey Dad!” Said a little voice coming from the direction of the house.

Angel glanced over and she saw a gorgeous little boy come running out.

“Hey you,” said Tre bending over and lifting up his son.

“Hi Dad,” said another voice, Ramona who also came over to her father and hugged, the three of them together. Tre and his children.

“Right you two, there is someone I’d like you to meet.” He said proudly and placing his son back down onto the ground.

“I know who you are,” said Frankito looking at Angel. “You’re Dad’s angel aren’t you?” He said.

“Yes, I suppose I am,” said Angel taking in this beautiful little boy.

“Well I’m Frankito,” he said coming up to give her a hug around the legs. She touched the soft curls on his head.

“And I’m Ramona,” came a voice and this pretty girl came straight over and put her arm across Angel’s shoulder.

“Good to meet you Ramona.” Angel said looking into this girl’s blue eyes, so like her fathers.

“Hey,” said Frankito, Mom bought us a new Playstation 2 game today, want to come and see it?” he said his huge eyes looking up at this new lady that his Dad had brought home.

“Of course I do,” said Angel and then Ramona and Frankito each took one of Angel’s hands and let her into the house.

Tre just watched alongside Claudia.

“Looks like they’ve taken a shine to your Angel,” said Claudia looking over at him and so pleased for her ex husband who had found true love at last.

“Most people do,” said Tre.

“Come on into the house and I’ll fix us some drinks,” said Claudia and off she went into the house with a spring in her step. It had been a tough time for Tre and for a moment there they all thought Tre would lose Angel but miraculously she’d got through the operation and finally they’d all got to meet Tre’s Angel and she was just right for him, you could see they were right for each other Claudia thought as she made some coffee hearing the laughter of the two of them coming from the living room.

Tre and his Angel, starting their life together.

They deserved it.