Wakko Werewolves 3: Lost

Ten

People were missing after that party and I felt like it was my fault. Well it was if I never went. Tyler would've never crashed it and had his wolves attack everyone and Ryker. I know Ryker would never forgive me. That's what I got for being nice to someone.

I visit Kyle that Saturday. He wasn't in his room this time because of good behavior. He's allowed to hang out in the gameroom. We sat on the couch together.

"I heard about the party hate I missed it." he said.

"Why do they keep letting Tyler in here?" I asked him.

"They don't let Tyler in here, he lets himself in. He has powers that I never even got to try out. When I was alpha." Kyle said.

"Is he really here or do you just think he's here?" I asked him.

He looked at me and shrugged.

"I probably think he's here with me maybe I do belong here." he said rubbing his chin.

I sighed.

"So you were hanging out with some kid named Ryker?" Kyle asked.

"Tyler told you?" I asked him.

"If I were you I'd stay away from the human meat puppets. They're fragile." Kyle said and smiled at me.

"Yeah, I know now. Hey why's everyone sitting at the corner of the room staring at us?" I asked him.

"They know what I am. It's best that they stay in the corner." he said and smiled.

"Have you heard from your parents?" I asked him.

"Do you know what's the capital of Timbuktu. They haven't visited nor called me. All they do is pay for me to stay here." he said crossing his arms.

"It's like they abandoned you that's horrible." I said to him.

Kyle got up and walked towards the TV. Everyone scuttled to the other side of the room while he changed the channel and then sat back down next to me.

"What can I say my parents don't care about me. So what about your parents?" he asked.

"I spoke to them earlier today." I said to him.

"How are they doing?" he asked.

"They're settled in, but they miss me a lot. My mom was actually crying over the phone." I said and looked up at the flourescent lights in the ceiling.

"Yeah last time my mom cried, I think I was born." he said and snorted.

"Next weeks the full moon." I said.

"I'm keeping watch." he said staring at the TV.

"You're not going to hurt anyone this month are you?" I asked him.

"I didn't hurt anyone last month." he said and I knew he was lying.

I sighed and grabbed his hand.

"Can you try for me?" I asked him.

He looked at our hands and then up to me.

"I don't know how long I can control it." he told me.

"You've got to try to control it for as long as you can." I said to him.

"Have you been working on the new cure?" he asked.

"John and Cat are still working on it. They're running some tests by next full moon it should be ready to test on a real wolf." I said.

"Will it stop the change or will it turn a werewolf back into a human?" he asked.

"Hopefully both." I said to him.

"Do you want to be turned back into a human?" he asked me.

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"Don't you like the freedom of running in the woods and not being afraid when you're in the dark. You get to be the predator and not the prey?" he asked me.

I shook my head.

"That's the wolf talking." I said to him.

"No it's me that's talking I want to be free. We were meant to be werewolves Cassandra that's why there's no cure." he said to me.

"There is one." I said to him.

"The cure is all in your head." he said pointing at my head.

"Then what about wolfbane?" I asked him.

"Sure it can surpress the change and transformation for a month maybe a year but for how long before you become overwhelmed and want to change? It's all in your mind. The drugs they give me they're not working. I almost changed last night." he said.

"You didn't hurt anyone did you?" I asked him.

"No, I was tied down but it was such a rush though." he said and smiled.

"Kyle I want the cure to work and I believe it will." I said to him.

"If it did work why am I still changing?" he asked me and turned back to the TV.

"Okay time for everyone to go back to their rooms." the nurse said walking in followed by other nurses.

"I'll see you later. Thanks for coming." Kyle said getting up.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I said to him.

"Okay." he said to me and walked away.

If Kyle was right about the cure being nothing more than a figment of my imagination then why was Cat and John working so hard to develop it. What if werewolves love being wolves. Does that mean I love being a wolf?

That night I was hanging out with Beth and Amy in the apartment.

"We should do something tonight." Amy said to us.

"I don't want to do anything tonight." I said to them hugging my stomach and lying on the couch.

"How about a movie?" Beth asked.

"Yeah come on Cassandra it'll be fun and you can get out of the house." she said.

"I really don't want to go to a movie. I'm going to bed. You guys can go." I said.

"You sure?" Beth asked me.

"Yeah, good night." I said and went to my room.

I laid in bed my mind playing the last fourty-eight hours over and over. Tyler attacking Ryker, Kyle telling me that werewolves can't be cured. A cold chill ran down my back as a new dream entered my mind. It was dark then I saw Tyler.

"Tyler?" Kyle's voice asked. I saw Kyle sitting up in his bed.

"We're getting out of here." Tyler said to him.

"How?" Kyle asked.

"How else?" Tyler asked and growled.

There was a commotion and an alarm went off. Kyle and Tyler ran down the halls together on all fours. The first security monitor leaped out to stop them. Tyler leaped on him and ripped his throat out. Kyle right on his tail. The two ran out of the hospital and into the woods.

I felt someone touching me. I woke up and saw Tyler he sat on my bed Kyle on the other side of my bed.

"I'm out." Kyle growled his eyes glowing red.

"And you're next." Tyler growled.

My eyes flew open and I gasped and held my chest. I looked around my room. I crawled out of my bed and ran out of the room. Cat walked into the apartment with Gavin.

"Cassie what's wrong you look like you just saw a ghost." Cat said.

"You didn't see one did you?" Gavin hissed.

"Kyle's out." I said to her.

"What? What are you talking about?" she asked me.

"Tyler, broke Kyle out. I had a dream." I said.

"Are you serious?" she asked me and looked at Gavin.

"Yes I mean it was a dream but it felt so real, I got to go see for myself." I said.

"No it'll be dangerous with those two out there." Gavin hissed.

"Where's Amy and Beth?" Cat asked me.

"They said they went to the movies." I said.

"That's their next targets." Cat said.

"We need to find them now." I said.

"I'll get Rose and we'll meet you at the theater correct?" Gavin asked.

"Yeah, but I'm going to check the mental ward first." I said to him and ran back to my room.

"Cassandra you can't go by yourself it could be dangerous." Cat said running into my room and then stood in my room. My window was wide open and I was long gone.