Wakko Werewolves 3: Lost

Twelve

As much as I love going on vacation I was tired of hiding out in hotels and motels just to be attacked by werewolves. But we were so exhausted that we had to stop at a bed and breakfast. After they guided us to our room. I was ready to sleep.

"What's the plan?" Amy asked Cat.

"Well since Tyler and Kyle are back to their old ways. We need to work on the cure once again. This time it has to be full proof." Cat said.

"I can't believe you're still working on it." I said laying on the couch with my eyes close.

"It's the only way." Cat said.

"Yeah you said that last time and look where we are. Back to the beginning." I said.

"Why are you so against the cure all of a sudden?" Cat asked me.

I opened my eye and looked at her.

"I'm not against it, but Kyle told me that the cure is all inside your head." I said.

"Well he's right." Gavin said.

"What?" I said sitting up.

"You were able to cure yourself. By thinking about your friends before yourself. Not to say that you won't revert back into a mindless killer." he said.

"Even though that's true Gavin, John and I are looking for a cure to turn werewolves back into humans." Cat said.

"And when that works are you guys going to work on vampires. As much as I'm against the werewolves without them you'll be out of a job or back to vampire hunting." he said.

"So what are you saying?" she asked him.

"A lot of hunters won't want the cure." I said.

"No wolves no business. Why do you think no one worked on a cure in these past milleniums?" he asked her.

"So no one wants the werewolves to be cured?" Beth asked.

"Not even the werewolves want to be cured. Just look at Cassandra." Amy said.

"What about me?" I asked her.

"Do you truly want to go back as a human?" Amy asked.

"I don't have to answer that." I said to her.

"See, she doesn't want to be a human she enjoys being a werewolf." Amy said.

"You think I enjoy turning into a furry demon every time the moon gets full. Do you think I enjoy the terrifying dreams and the moon fever?" I asked her.

"Yes, because you're one of them." she said.

I frowned.

"I don't have to take this." I said walking to the door.

"Where are you going?" Cat asked me.

"For a walk." I said and stepped out.

"Look what you did now." Beth said to Amy.

"What?" Amy asked.

"She's right though. She is a werewolf therefore becoming human again maybe out of the question." Gavin said to Cat.

"I'm tired." Rose said and yawned.

I crossed my arms and walked down the sidewalk in the woods. I wouldn't care if Tyler or Kyle showed up. Maybe I do belong with them. Maybe joining won't be so bad. I did it before. I don't remember everything but I knew it was okay. I sighed and leaned back on a tree and slid down it and looked up. The moon was growing fuller by the night. I looked back at my hands as I grew feverish.

Then I looked up and something that I never felt before came over me. I enjoyed being a werewolf. Actually I loved it. The whole fact of being a werewolf and having to keep it secret was thrilling. There was no way I would give up this opportunity not for a cure, not for Amy, and not for anyone. I stood up and pulled off my clothes. The change rushed through me. Pain deadened my human mind and filled my mind with instincts and animal nature. I was a werewolf and I was proud to be one. I raised my head into the air and howled.

We got to John's place early that next morning. We were suppose to meet him at the bar but it was being remodeled. Thanks to the last visit with werewolves. While John and Cat worked on the new cure and began running tests. I looked at the different animal decor on his walls.

"The poor deer." Beth said next to me.

"I think I killed one that size last night." I said to her.

"What?" she asked me.

"I'm kidding." I said and half smiled.

"I love his mansion I wish I could live here." Amy sitting in front of the fireplace on the bear rug.

"Yeah it is pretty nice. You wouldn't think someone like John would work here." Beth said sitting next to Amy.

I reached out and touched a glass egg and right as I put it back. I heard loud howls. I shivered.

"Was that what I think it was?" Amy asked.

"What?" I asked her.

"You didn't hear the howls did you?" Beth asked.

"Howl? What howl?" I asked walking towards the lab door.

"Are you okay?" Amy asked me.

"Fine, I'm great." I said.

Just then John walked out.

"Just the person I was looking for." John said and smiled at me.

I swallowed hard.

"We need to test the new batch before we can use it." Cat said to me.

"You mean, you guys finished?" I asked them.

"Just need you to test it out. Then if it works. We can try it on your buddies." John said.

"H-how do you know you won't turn me crazy like Kyle?" I asked.

"Kyle was crazy to begin with anyway this will work and you won't transform any more." Cat said.

"What." I said sadly.

"That's great news." Amy said.

"You'll have a normal life like us." Beth said.

"We just need you to take a little shot and we'll make medical history. An ancient disease, a curse finally cured." Cat said smiling.

"I thought it was a gift?" I asked.

"A gift?" she asked.

"That's why Tyler told me. Heck I think Gavin said that once." I said.

"Sometimes a gift can be a disability." John said.

I looked at him.

"Cassie, don't you want to cure Kyle, and Tyler? Have them to come back as humans?" she asked.

"To remember the people they killed?" I asked her.

"The curse has to stop sometime now are you going to do this?" John asked.

"I don't know." I said biting my bottom lip.

"Cassie, you could change the world. You could help people who don't see this as a gift." she said.

"You'll be like a humanitarian." Beth said.

I sighed.

"Okay... anything to stop the pleading." I said.

"You'll be okay." John said to me.

"I hope so." I said to him.