Wakko Werewolves 3: Lost

Thirteen

I went down to John's basement where his lab was. Like I expected it had the doctor Frankenstein feel.

"Everything looks so cool here." Amy said.

"We just need to take a blood sample." Cat said to me.

I sat on the bed and nodded.

"Sure." I said to her.

They prepped my arm for the needle and she stuck it in my arm and drew blood. John took it and went over to his microscope. I held my arm as he magnified the image and then showed it to us from the computer screen.

"Here's a normal human's red blood cell smooth and round. Here's Cassie's a werewolves' blood cells are more rigid and there's more white blood cells than a normal humans." he said.

"So when am I going to get the shot?" I asked him.

"As soon as we strap you down." Cat said.

"Why would you need to strap me down?" I asked her.

"We're not a hundred percent sure if it will work." she said.

"The cure may cause you to change. Before you turn into a human. We can't be too sure." John said.

"Okay." I said and then I lied down.

Cat strapped my feet to the bed and then my arms and she hand cuffed my arm. Then she preped my other arm for the shot that would determine whether werewolves are a thing of the past or the future is still wild.

"Not her arm, her neck." John said.

"My neck does it matter?" I asked.

"It will flow quicker through the body from the neck." he said.

"Okay." Cat said cleaning the right side of my neck. Then I saw the needle.

"I can't watch." Beth said closing her face and turning away.

"What if I die?" I asked Cat.

"Hopefully you won't the dose isn't that strong." she said.

"But is it strong enough?" Amy asked standing next to Beth.

"We'll know when it happens." John said and then he gave Cat the cue.

I closed my eyes.

"Take a deep breath." Cat said.

I took a deep breath and then I felt the needle. There was a rush of fluid that burned through every ounce of my body. I trembled in pain unable to say anything she pulled the needle out. Then the trembling stopped and I relaxed. I opened my eyes. Everything seemed different.

"Did it work?" Amy asked Cat.

"We'll have to wait." she said.

"How do you feel?" John asked me.

"Okay, just a little hot." I said to him.

Then the burning came back. I cried out. My skin felt like it was on fire and I growled in pain. The wolf was fighting the cure and I think it was.

"What's happening to her?" Beth asked as my screaming grew louder and more pained.

"It's not working." Cat said.

"What!" I yelled my eyes red and teary.

They heard a loud crash over my screaming. Then the growling and loud foot falls of wolves. I screamed and tried to pull myself off the bed. The change was coming stronger and faster than ever. It burned to move but it burned even more not to move. I was stuck unable to stop my body from the pain. Until the scent of blood was released into my nostrils.

I opened my eyes just a few minutes after the attack I had and I saw Kyle and Tyler they unstrapped me from the bed. I grunted. My body had changed and I looked at Tyler angrily and growled.

"We're here to help you." Tyler said.

I stopped and listened to what he had to say.

"Your friends left you. Here to die." Tyler said.

"We're here for you Cassie. We're family now." Kyle said petting the side of my cheek.

I whimpered and closed my eyes.

"Come on, we've got to find them." Tyler said.

I got up and dropped to all fours. I grunted looking around at the claw marks and destroyed property of John's lab. Tyler kneeled in front of me and held my furry face.

"We're going to avenge you for them doing this to you." he said.

I licked his cheek.