Wakko Werewolves 3: Lost

Twenty-one

I was glad to be back home wrapped in my blanket that cold winter day. I slept on the couch with Kyle. His breathing tickled my ear. I woke up to the crackling smell of blanket.

I opened my eyes.

"Morning sleepy heads." Amy said and smiled.

I sat up and tapped on Kyle's shoulder.

"You want breakfast?" I asked him.

He grumbled.

"Yeah." he said.

I got up and stretched. Kyle sat up and ruffled his hair.

"Is Cat still asleep?" I asked her.

"Yeah, she said not to wake her up until twelve p.m. I think she was with Gavin last night." she said and giggled.

We walked into the kitchen. Beth was cooking breakfast and there was a smorgus board on the table.

"Buffet style help yourself." Beth said.

"Thanks Beth." I said to her.

"How's Ryker?" Amy asked.

"We had to drive him home he was still kind of shaken up by everything." I said to her.

"Poor guy." she said.

"That's why they call it a curse." Kyle said helping himself to some bacon.

Cat walked into the kitchen rubbing her eyes.

"I thought I told you not to wake me up before twelve?" she asked grabbing her mug for some coffee.

"Sorry we're kind of making a lot of noise." Beth said.

Cat sat down at the table and sipped on her coffee. Kyle and I sat across from her and then Beth and Amy sat down for breakfast. I reached over for some bacon and nibbled on it.

"So how's Ryker doing?" Cat asked us buttering her toast.

"He's okay now." I said.

"He was a little shaky from the change though." Kyle said with his mouth full.

"So, did my blood test come in?" I asked Cat.

"Yeah, John told me it yesterday. You're DNA's changed again there's more canine DNA in it. Which explains why you still have claws and fangs." she said.

"And fur in certain areas." Kyle said smirking.

I glared at him and smiled.

"I know that, there's nothing to do about it right?" I asked her eating some of my scrambled eggs.

"John and I gave up on the mad scientist routine. Messing with nature is how we got in this situation." Cat said.

"I wish you guys felt like this before I changed." I said.

"I find the claws and fangs hot." Kyle said.

"That's because you're a werewolf." Amy said.

He shrugged.

"So what I should live my life as a hermit?" I asked her.

"No, just tell everyone new you meet that you have a conditon. You do have one." she said and bit into her toast.

"It feels weird." Beth said.

"What feels weird?" I asked her.

"Sitting here without Tyler. I mean he was the most normal out of all of us." she said.

"He was also a great alpha I think he did a better job than me." Kyle said.

I sighed remembering how he died and how I laid on his cold dead body for the longest. I got up from the table.

"Aren't you going to eat?" Cat asked me.

"I'm going back to bed." I said.

"Was it something I said?" Beth asked.

"It takes longer for wolves to get over someone they love." Cat said.

"I'll talk to her." Kyle said getting up.

Amy just stared at her plate her face was red with regret. I laid in bed tears rolling down my cheeks. Then I felt someone rubbing my back.

"I don't want to be bother." I said thinking it was Kyle.

"You sure?" the familiar voice said but it wasn't Kyle.

"Tyler!" I gasped and rolled over.

He smiled at me and touched my cheek.

"I thought you were dead." I said.

"I must be part cat because I have nine lives." he said smiling.

Kyle knocked on my door and walked into my room.

"Cassie, I know you fell.... oh my god what are you doing here!" Kyle asked in a shaky voice.

"We left you. I thought you were dead." I said hugging him. He rubbed my back.

He was warm and felt so real.

"No, you can't be alive." Kyle said shaking his head.

"He really truly is." I said smiling.

Cat walked into the room and dropped her mug.

"Oh my god I see a ghost." she said as the mug shattered on the ground.

"Cassie get away from Tyler, that's not him." Kyle said.

"Of course it's Tyler." I said.

"Yeah, we used to be friends." Tyler said smiling.

Kyle leaped on top of Tyler and choked him.

"What are you doing Kyle!" I cried to him.

Kyle pulled up his shirt.

"Where's your silver bullet wounds?" Kyle growled.

"They disappeared after I made the deal." Tyler said.

"What deal?" I asked him.

"To come back. You said you missed me, you said you loved me." Tyler said.

"Who did you make the deal with?" Kyle asked.

Tyler's eyes glowed red.

"A friend." Tyler growled and kicked Kyle off him.

"Kyle." I cried and ran to his side.

"Tyler you said you wanted to die." I said to him.

"I did, but I had a change of heart after I made the man downstairs." he said smiling.

"If you made a deal what's the price?" Cat asked.

"A soul for a soul." he said smirking and looking at me.

Amy and Beth ran into the room and skid to a stop.

"Holy crap!" Beth cried.

"I thought I killed you!" Amy cried.

"You did. I'm back and I'll be back again. You will be mine Cassie." Tyler said and smiled and laughed.

Kyle hugged me.

"Get out!" he growled.

Tyler smirked and disappeared. I dug my head in Kyle's chest.

"No, I didn't want this. I thought he was dead but he made a deal." I said shaking my head.

"Does this mean we got to move?" Beth asked sighing.

"He'll find us anyway, it should be best if we stay put and keep a close eye on Cassandra." Cat said.

They watched as I shivered. I saw the evil in Tyler's eyes. That wasn't Tyler that was someone else, someone evil. Like I said before. Tyler died a long time ago.