Wakko Werewolves 3: Lost

Twenty

Ryker pulled himself off me and he sat on his hands and knees panting. I got up and watched him as he changed. Nothing happened at first just the sounds of our panting and then he cried out spontaneously. His cries were similar to that of someone woman giving birth. I winced. Seeing someone change for the first time was the scariest thing even for me.

I hugged my stomach and scuttled away beside a tree. It wouldn't be long before I was changing. He looked at his hands as claws grew and he cried out. He dropped his hands to the ground and he raised his back high in the air as his spine jutted from his back. I could hear the crackle of his bones. He screams turned into growls. Loud, pained growls. I couldn't watch any more. I turned away running away from him until I couldn't bare the pain of my change.

I fell onto the ground on all fours and I started to cry as every cell in my body blew up with pain. Tears ran down my cheeks. Not only for Ryker's pain but my pain as well. My screams became growls as my throat inhibited me from talking. My stomach tightened as fur took it's place. I felt like my skin was being ripped off in order for the beast to come out.

The end of the change was coming. I wanted it to hurry up. This part of the change when I lost all sense of humanity and only the animal in me took my place. The animal that was me. A loud howl rolled in the distance. Too loud and boistrous to be a wolf or any canines howl. This howl was pure evil. Of man and beast. One and the other.

Then I heard another howl. Familiar yet new. The howl of a new wolf. It was weak but grew stronger. Then I raised my head into the sky and howled until my lungs burned.

I woke up the next morning a warm body laying beside mines. Shivering like that of a new born puppy. I woke up and saw Ryker he covered his face with one hand. Body covered in blood he smelt of deer and fecal matter. I placed a warm hand on his cheek. His eyes flew open and he woke up.

"W-where am I? W-what happened?" he asked looking at me.

"You transformed last night." I said to him.

He shook. The air was cold and crisp.

"What, I-I did it?" he asked me.

I nodded.

He looked at his hands covered in blood.

"I killed something." he said to me.

"A deer." I said to him.

"And we..." he started and looked at me.

I nodded and then got up. I helped him up.

"We need to get back to the cabin." I said to him.

"Where's Kyle?" he asked.

"Here." Kyle said behind us holding our clothes. He was fully clothed.

"Thanks Kyle." I said taking my clothes from him.

We put them back on. Ryker walked on ahead of us.

"Are you coming?" Ryker asked me.

"We'll be there in a sec." I said to him.

He nodded and walked away. I looked back at Kyle. He slipped on my sunglasses.

"He seemed to have changed easily." Kyle said to me.

"Barely. He screamed like a girl." I said and sighed.

"It hurts the first time." he said rubbing my cheek.

Blood stained his lips as well. I wouldn't dare look at my own face. I grabbed his hand.

"I don't know if I'm ready to date again." I said to him.

"I'll wait for you." he said.

"What if that time never comes?" I asked him.

"I'll keep waiting." he said to me.

I leaned into him. He leaned in to me and then our lips touched and we kissed.