Tales From Another Broken Home

4

I opened the door and felt a little dishearten when I saw Mikey standing there.

I know I shouldn’t but when ever the phone rings or there’s a knock at the door, part of me always thinks it could be Charlie.

“Hey bro, sorry to knock after you put the kids to bed and stuff, but I really need to talk to you….” he said.

“Its ok, we’ll just have to be quite.” I smiled at him and held the door open so he could walk inside.

After shutting the door I went to were he stood on the balcony.

“So what’s on you’re mind?” I prodded.

“Alicia and I set a date for the wedding.” he muttered.

“Mikey! That’s great! So what’s wrong about that?” I questioned.

He sighed and looked over at the view before answering me.

“I don’t know Gee, I’m just nervous I guess. But I shouldn’t be! I should be all happy and shit!” he whispered.

“Mikey its ok to be nervous!” I laughed, “There’s no law against it, honestly when me and Ch-” I stopped talking and took a deep breath, trying to control the tears I could feel welling up in my eyes.

“When the date was set for my wedding, I was so nervous I puked, seriously Mikey its ok to be feeling this way.” I continued.

Mikey looked at me and smiled sympathetically before hugging me tightly.

“Thanks Gee,” he mumbled “Well I better get going, let you get some sleep.” he waved and walked out of the door.

When I heard it click shut I walked into the room and slumped down on the couch, holding my head in my hands once again.

This time I cried freely.

I cursed when there was another knock at the door.

After composing myself and making sure there were no tear tracks on my face I walked to the door and pulled it open, shocked at whom stood in front of me.

“Ch-Charlie?” I choked out.

“Hello Gerard….”