Status: Finished.

Rollercoaster Ride

Kiss Like the Red Hot Sun

It was Friday and I was on my bed, staring into my Macbook screen. I was browsing some videos in YouTube, until an IM popped up.

JohnOhhh. I’m bored.

I giggled.

Daphne; Do something unboring, you bored man.
JohnOhhh. I dunno what to do :/
Daphne; Um, write lyrics?
JohnOhhh. Did that.
Daphne; Oh.
JohnOhhh. I’M FUCKING BORED. I feel like eating my brother.
Daphne; Don’t; your mom would kill you for that.
JohnOhhh. Too bored to care.
Daphne; -_-
JohnOhhh. Let’s hang out.
Daphne; We just met a few hours ago.
JohnOhhh. I don’t care, I’m bored.
Daphne; Well I don’t.
JohnOhhh. Stop refusing my offer, I miss you already.

I wide grin plastered on my face.

Daphne; Alright if you insist.
JohnOhhh. I’ll be there in a few minutes.
JohnOhhh. has just signed out.

I chuckled as I continued watching a video. A few minutes later my phone alarmed that there was a text message coming in.

I’m in front of your house. – John
Just go inside, the key is in the pot next to the door. I’m in my room watching some videos, bored as fuck.

I placed my phone next to my laptop and I heard some footsteps coming upstairs, and then John entered my room.

“What are you watching?” he asked, plopping himself next to me.

I shrugged. “I don’t really know.” I sighed and closed my laptop and put it aside before laying on the bed.

He stared into my eyes and I stared back.

“You said you were bored as fuck, right?” he said and I nodded. “Well, we could…” he smirked towards me.

“You perv!” I laughed, hitting him with a pillow.

He laughed back. “I’m just joking.” He leaned towards me and supported his body with his elbow.

My heart was racing as his eyes were staring deeply into mine. His hand moved and held the necklace I was wearing. I could feel his fingers brushed against my skin.

“Why do you keep on wearing this necklace?” A small smile tugged on his lips.

Because you gave it to me.

I shrugged. “I like it.”

He chuckled. “Can you find a better reason, Daphne?” He leaned closer.

Because I like you.

“I don’t know, what do you expect?”

The small smile was still on as he leaned closer. “You’re a bad liar, you know that?” he whispered.

I fucking know that now would you please lean away from me? I’m about to die; can’t fucking breathe with your face this close with mine.

His hand that was playing with the necklace now was playing with my hair. Then he moved to my bangs, his fingers brushing my face as he did so. He lifted my bangs, leaned in and softly kissed my forehead.

Then he moved to my temple, and then to my cheek, and then my nose.

Just planting tiny kisses.

And I was always wondering what was the meaning of his kisses and cuddles he was always giving, but I didn’t have enough guts to ask that.

He pulled away just for a few seconds, looking into my eyes again. The stare he was giving was deep, soft, affectionate,… and I had never seen that stare before. I was trying to read what was behind this all through his eyes, but I couldn’t read anything.

He put a strand of my hair behind my ear as he was leaning in. He placed his hand on my cheek as we both closed our eyes.

I could feel his lips softly brushed mine and suddenly my lips felt tingly. Something was rushing through my body and I couldn’t get a hint of what it was.

“Why are you kissing my sister?”

Surprised, John rolled over and he landed on the floor.

We looked to the door and Kennedy was standing on the doorway with his arms folded against his chest and an eyebrow raised, staring at us, and waiting for an explanation.

Here goes his fatherly side.

“Um—“

“And why are you in her room?”

I rolled my eyes. “You act like you never had any girls in your room,” I said.

“What did you just say?”

“I said, you act like you never had a girl in your room.”

“Do you know who you’re talking to?”

“I do. And I don’t know why he suddenly becomes so aware of a boy in my room. Before that, he didn’t care if his whole band was in my room.”

“But you weren’t kissing before this.”

“So what?” I snapped. “Don’t act like you care about my relationship, Kennedy. You didn’t care if John kisses me or anything, and I don’t have anything against you and my best friend’s relationship, so why don’t you just fuck off?” I half-yelled the last part.

Kennedy stared at me with his mouth open, shocked that his own sister would say something like that. To him.

I grabbed my phone before rushing out from my bedroom, and from my house.

I walked toward a park and immediately sat on one of the swings. It was 5 PM already and there weren’t so many people now.

I swung lightly with my feet on the ground, staring at the sand I was stepping.

A little while later, a pair of shoes appeared in front of me. I looked up, and John was there.

I sighed before looking down again. I felt the swing next to me moved as he sat there. He stayed silent, waiting for me to say anything.

“I know I shouldn’t say that,” I muttered. “But I’m really, really pissed. He didn’t have a problem with us cuddling and stuff before, and suddenly he’s all… fatherly on me.”

“He’s just afraid, I think.”

“Afraid of what? It’s not like I’m gonna be a virgin forever.”

He chuckled.

“And just because he’s 17 and I’m 16 he’s treating me like a kid. Does one year make a big difference?”

“Maybe he doesn’t want to lose you. I mean you guys are always together ever since you’re little. Maybe he’ll feel like he loses something if you have a boyfriend.”

“But I don’t feel like I lose anything when he dates Neyla.”

He shrugged. “Well, people are different.”

I nodded.

“Come on, let’s go back. Kennedy’s worried as shit.”

I giggled as we both got up and started walking hand in hand.

We were about to exit the park when I remembered something I was always curious of. About his over-affectionate he was always giving to me.

Now was my only chance.

“John…”

“Hmm?”

“I’m wondering…”

He waited.

“Why—“

“John?! Daphne?!”

We both turned around and saw a familiar figure had an excited smile plastered on her face, looking at us. She then walked to approach us.

“…Morgan?” I heard John whispered.

I knew my relationship with John wouldn’t be as smooth as we had when I heard her name escaped his lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
No Neyla and mystery man in this chapter, sorry ;p

Morgan Samantha Rodney, 18.