Status: Finished.

Rollercoaster Ride

Choke On The Drama

I was in the family room, watching some TV show while eating mac and cheese. I was sitting on the sofa, Indian styled. After I was done eating my dinner, I placed the empty bowl on the coffee table in front of me and grabbed the history notebook and textbook next to the empty bowl. I sat back on the sofa and opened a page in the textbook and started reading. I had a test tomorrow morning. First period. Great.

Actually, I wasn’t exactly studying, seeing that I had the TV turned on and occasionally I would stare at the screen and paid attention on what was happening on the TV. Not occasionally though; most of the time.

Daphne!” Kennedy called out from the living room.

“I’m here,” I replied as loud as he did. I felt he entered the room and I saw that he was nicely dressed. “…Where are you going?”

“Hadn’t been going out with Neyla for a while,” he grinned. “How do I look?”

“You’re expecting your own biological sister to say, ‘Damn, you’re hot’?”

He stared at me, hesitating. “No,” he said slowly. “But I do expect you to say I look good. Or something near that.”

“Yeah, you look so good Kennedy; I can see girls are going to rape you tonight,” I mumbled without a single expression, staring down at the book on my lap.

“Daphne,” he whined, dragging out the ‘e’.

“I’m serious, you do look good.”

“Thank you,” he smiled proudly.

“You know, it’s weird for you to ask such question, seeing that you’re a guy and usually girls were the one who would ask that,” I said as he walked out from the room.

“Shut up,” I heard him chuckling. “I’ll be home before 11, okay?”

“Yeah, right, whatever…”

“Geez, thanks for the be-careful-kind-of-line,” he said sarcastically and I could feel him rolling his eyes. “See you later little sister.”

I heard the front door being opened and closed and locked again, and a few moments later I heard the car engine being started, and he drove away from home.

I didn’t realize it was 9 already by the time I was done studying. I didn’t even realize I had tuned in to Disney channel and a rerun of Hannah Montana was playing.

Major ew.

I quickly snatched the remote beside me and changed into Travel & Living. LA Ink was on.

I leaned back into the sofa and watched the show. I had placed the books aside and I had my knees near my chest. A few moments later I heard the doorbell rang.

I got up and went to the front door to open it. I turned the key to unlock the door and opened it.

My eyes first saw the familiar long legs, and then they traveled up, only to see John’s face.

We stared at each other for a while, until I turned around and ran upstairs. Behind me, I heard the door being slammed close and running footsteps were following. I got into my room and slammed the door, but he held it open right before the door came in contact with its doorway.

“Please let me talk to you,” he said breathlessly.

“What do you need to talk about, John?” I muttered.

“Us,” he sighed.

“No need,” I attempted to push the door to get it closed but he was stronger than me.

“Please.”

I stared at his eyes and he stared back at mine.

“I’m not gonna go until you let me talk,” he said seriously.

“Then stand there until your death arrives,” I growled and turned around.

“If that’s what it takes.”

I ignored his line and searched in my drawer. After finding an oversized tee and a pair of shorts, I changed into them, not caring if John was looking or not. We used to swim naked together when we were kids. Wait that one was embarrassing…

I went to my bed and sat on it Indian style, leaning against the wall. I noticed he was staring at my every action.

I sighed, patting the space next to me.

He smiled a little as he walked in and sat next to me. His back was facing me and I still could see that he was fidgeting with his fingers.

“I’m sorry if you feel like an escape; I never mean to use you. I’m sorry if I had been ignoring you; I was just too excited Morgan came back.

But I swear I never meant to hurt you, Daphne. You’re playing a great role in my life; and no it’s not just as a best friend. Something more than that; you mean something so big for me. You made me realize that I had hurt you more than anyone ever did, and I felt like a jerkass. I’m sorry.”

“Does jerkass even exist?” I smiled.

He shrugged as he turned around to face me, and smiled too after seeing my expression.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered.

“It’s okay,” I muttered.Not.

Silence.

“Anyway, what was the promise between you and Morgan?”

His expression changed. “Uh, it’s…”

My smile started to fade.

“It’s a private thing… I’m sorry.”

I looked down at my fingers. He wouldn’t even tell me.

“Way more than a best friend, huh?” I chuckled. “You wouldn’t even tell you own best friend—“ I pressed the term ‘best friend’ “—about a promise you made with a girl during your childhood year.”

“Daphne, I didn’t mean that way—“

“Get out,” I said sternly through my gritted teeth.

“Daph—“

“Get. Out.”

I felt his eyes were staring sadly at me. He leaned across and placed his hand at the back of my head and kissed my bangs-covered forehead.

“Good night,” he whispered as he was leaning away. He got up and went to the door. Hesitating, I could feel him staring at me before he walked out and shut the door.

For the first time after a few years, I cried until I couldn’t even fall asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you don't understand the last line, it means that she cried so bad until her nose is like plugged. Like when you're having a flu.

Daphne (aka me) studied O: I don't in real life. Especially for math; I seriously don't know what to study. Haha.

Dude I fucking need a new phone. And an iPod / MP3 player with a screen. What I have is the latest iPod shuffle and I hate it for not having a screen :|