Status: Finished.

Rollercoaster Ride

There Won't Be An Answer

“Who else knows?” Morgan asked after a few moments of silence.

“Jared,” I muttered. “He caught us in Pat’s kitchen last Wednesday.”

Morgan nodded. “You need to tell Kennedy.”

“Jared told me about that too.”

Another few moments of silence.

“Losing Kennedy and Garrett – I can still hold it,” I started, aware that my voice was starting to crack. “But losing Daphne again… I don’t think I can. Sure, I fucked up and three years without her was a torture. She had become a part of my life – she was my bestfriend ever since we were nine.”

“You guys are bestfriends and you should have known her,” she replied, “You should have known what she would do when she finds out things like this happen before you do it.”

I could only remain in silence. She was right.

Daphne
I unlocked the front door and slammed it close once I was inside. I walked upstairs, feet colliding against the ground rather loudly. Kennedy peeked from his bedroom.

“Whoa, you look like you’re gonna kill someone,” he said.

“I don’t get why you’re still dating her!” I yelled. His sly grin turned into a small frown and eyebrows scrunched in confusion. “I don’t get why every guy around me likes her! I DON’T GET WHY SHE’S ALWAYS OUT OF HER FUCKING MIND!”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, calm down,” he said, walking towards me as I was taking deep breaths. “What do you mean every guy around you likes her? What do you mean she’s out of her mind?”

“YOU NEED A THIRD EYE, FUCKING DUMBASS!” I screamed right in front of his face before storming off into my bedroom, slamming the door close. Before I heard his footsteps walking back to his room, I heard him muttering something like PMS and girls. I opened the door and screamed louder, “I AM NOT HAVING MY PMS, ASSHOLE!!”

“THEN WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU SO ANGRY?!” he shouted back from his room.

“ASK YOUR SLUTTY GIRLFRIEND ABOUT THAT!!” I screamed before slamming the door one last time.

I collapsed myself onto the bed, sighing. My eyes darted off to some picture frames on the drawer. It was a picture of me and Neyla during summer three years ago before we had our fight; I put it on again after we made up. Next to it was a picture of me and her on the first day we made up, and the other pictures were us with the guys.

I picked up a pillow and flung into its direction, hitting the window with a thud but all of the frames were in a position like they were just attacked.

My phone rang and I didn’t bother to pick it up. I didn’t feel like talking to anyone.

The caller kept on calling but I never picked it up for once. Slumber slowly took over as I listened to my ringtone, which was Camisado by Panic! at the Disco.

- - -

I was awakened by someone knocking on my bedroom door. I checked the clock in my phone and it said 7.56 PM. I had been asleep for more than five and a half hours.

“Daphne?” It was Kennedy.

I didn’t answer.

“I’m going to make ramen, do you want some?” he asked through the door.

I didn’t answer again.

I heard the door creaked open and I closed my eyes, pretending I was asleep. “Daphne?” he called. I heard him sighing and felt some warmth over me; I was guessing he tucked me my blanket. I felt him bending down and left a small peck on my forehead before he left, not forgetting to close the door behind.

I pulled up my blanket a little more until it reached my mouth. I grabbed my phone next to me to see who was calling earlier. It was John and there was a text from him two hours ago that said he missed me. I chuckled; we just met yesterday.

The door creaked open again and I saw John’s silhouette walking inside.

“Kennedy said you were sleeping,” he said after sitting on the edge of the bed.

“I was pretending.”

“Why?” he asked.

“I feel bad for yelling and cursing at him earlier.”

“Why did you do it, then?”

I bit my lip. I didn’t know if I should tell him or not. He wasn’t just a boyfriend; he was also my bestfriend for almost a decade.

“Hm?” he muttered, removing my bangs from my face.

“I can’t tell you,” I replied. “I hope you’re okay with that.”

“I’m perfectly fine,” he lowered down and kissed my cheek. “Are you hungry, though? I’ll bring up your food if you want.”

I shook my head. “I’m fine. I’m really tired today; do you think you can keep me company until I’m asleep?”

He smiled. “Of course.” He kept my hand in his until I fell asleep.

- - -

The next days went like a few years ago. I was ignoring Neyla only this time I was also ignoring Garrett. Everyone was confused why I was doing it, but not Morgan and Jared. Kennedy was confused why I was being a bitch to his girlfriend again while John was confused why I was being a bitch to his bestfriend who was also my close friend, but they both knew it must had something to do with my behavior a few days ago.

“Why did you call Neyla my slutty girlfriend?” Kennedy asked as we were heading home by his car.

I shrugged. “You gotta ask her yourself,” I muttered, looking out the window.
♠ ♠ ♠
mmm my favorite part's coming up ;)

this one's dedicated to Dania, hope the update will make you feel better hun!