Status: Finished.

Rollercoaster Ride

You've Got All The Friends You Need

Neyla
Garrett and I were in Jared’s empty SUV, driving home. Jared was going to drop me off and then Garrett. Daphne was with Kennedy and John was with Morgan and Pat, dropping them off at the Kirch’s home.

The ride was filled with an awkward silence. Even Garrett that was usually bugging driving people was silent, maybe because he knew Jared knew our secret.

He stopped at a red light and drummed his fingers against the steering wheel. He always drummed his fingers when he wanted to talk seriously, and knowing this made me nervous.

He sighed. “How could you guys do this to him?”

No answer.

“Whatever you guys are doing, stop it.”

“I can’t,” I immediately answered. Both of them immediately turned to me who was sitting on the middle seat. “Don’t get me wrong, I really like Kennedy—“ I saw a hurt look on Garrett’s face “—But Garrett means something to me.”

“If he means something to you why can’t you be just close friends?” Jared questioned.

Garrett turned back to look at the road. “Jared, the light is green,” he said calmly.

Jared continued to drive, and at times he glanced at me through the rearview mirror as he was talking. “Answer me, Neyla.”

“I don’t know, okay? There’s just this unexplainable feeling!”

Jared took a turn to my neighborhood. The rest was silent. He pulled up in front of my house and before I opened the door, he said, “I don’t care how you do it, but you better tell Kenny.”

“Or?”

“I’ll tell him.”

He looked really serious and serious Jared was serious. I couldn’t speak and nodded, got out of the car and into my room.

How the hell was I supposed to tell him?

The next day, I was hanging out in Morgan’s room with Daphne. Just us three.

I was nervous right now because I planned to be honest to them about Garrett and Kennedy. I had a feeling that Daphne was a bit suspicious about the smiles and stares Garrett and I had been giving to each other. As for Morgan, I didn’t think she notice. But it’s Morgan; she would careless if it was not her business.

We were done watching a movie and Morgan was putting the CD into its case. Daphne was lying on her stomach on the carpet with a pillow squished between her body and the carpet and Morgan’s white Macbook in front of her.

I thought this was the time.

“Guys,” I croaked a little. They both turned to me at the same time. “I… gotta talk to you.”

Daphne gasped. “You’re not pregnant, aren’t you?! I’m gonna kick Kenny’s ass!” She sat up, ready to run back home.

“NO!” I shouted, stopping her action. “I’m not pregnant,” I muttered.

“Okay, then what is it?” Morgan asked, sitting on a chair.

I bit my lower lip. How the hell should I say this?

“I, umm…” I fidgeted my fingers, feeling them staring at me, waiting. I took a deep breath and said it as I exhaled, “IkissGarrettbehindKennedy.”

There wasn’t any reply so I looked to see their reaction. I was afraid to see Daphne’s so I saw Morgan first. She had her eyebrows scrunched together and mouth gaping. Daphne was the same, only she looked furious.

“Seriously, Neyla?!” she started. “First, me and John. Now, Garrett and Kennedy! MY BROTHER AND HIS BESTFRIEND! How could you do this?!”

“Daphne, calm down a bit,” Morgan told her.

“NO!” she roared. “What the fuck is with you and sneaking around, betraying people?! Are you out of your mind?!”

I bit my lip, looking down to my hands. I was expecting her to yell more; knowing what she usually would do if emotion was filling her mind.

“How could you do this again?” she said, calmer than before. “Don’t even bother to talk to me,” she said, grabbing her bag on the desk and stormed out.

Through the open door, I saw Pat that was going to go downstairs stopped when he saw Daphne’s rage while she was walking out. He turned to us and pointed to the direction where Daphne went with a confused face.

“Girl stuff,” Morgan mouthed.

Pat mouthed an ‘oh’ and left.

I fucked up. Again.
♠ ♠ ♠
SUCKYYYYY. Expect a big chapter coming up! ;D