Status: Finished.

Rollercoaster Ride

Is There A Light At The End Of The Road?

Garrett was always the one who accompanied me home every morning and drove me to the hospital after school. Despite my rudeness towards him in the other day, he always accompanied me. That made me feel guilty of what I did.

As usual, he was driving us to school. He had previously put a CD into the player, knowing that the ride would be filled with silence again. William Beckett’s voice sang through the speaker as I stared outside the window and Garrett drumming his fingers along to the beat against the steering wheel.

We arrived at school fifteen minutes later. I got out the car and did my routine to take my books from the locker and headed to my first class, World History.

“Okay class, pull out a piece of paper,” Mr. Locks said as he walked into the room. “We’re having a quiz today.”

Everyone groaned. I didn’t. I calmly ripped off a piece of paper from my notebook and copied the questions that Mr. Locks wrote on the whiteboard before answering them.

Usually I didn’t have any problems with World History, but for some reason I couldn’t answer most of the questions in the quiz.

This day seriously had got to end quickly.

- - -

My hair was pulled up in a pony tail as I jogged around the basketball court in the gym for five times. Coach Wayne was punishing me because I was late for ten minutes for PE.

I was done with my jogging and I was breathless. I was trying to catch my breath with my hands pressed on my knees. Something that I assumed a bottle touched my neck lightly. I stood up straight from my bending position and saw Jared offering me a bottle of water.

“Thanks,” I breathed out, taking the bottle and took a few gulps.

“Why are you late?” he asked.

I shrugged as I closed the bottle with the cap and placed it near the wall. “I was thinking about Kennedy at the rooftop and apparently I lost track of time.”

Coach Wayne blew out his whistle, earning our attention.

“ALRIGHT, FORM TWO GROUPS NOW!” he shouted. “We’re gonna play volleyball.”

Jared held out his hand in the air. I smiled a little and collided my hand against his, and he grinned back as he held my hand and we walked toward a part behind the volley net. Maybe some sport was what I needed to distract my thoughts for a while.

Half an hour later, Jared and I’s team won the volleyball and we were all dismissed. I went to the girls’ changing room to change. After I was done, I went straight to my last class for the day, Algebra I.

I was three minutes late when I got to the class, but the teacher didn’t seem to bother so I took my seat at the back of the class, next to Garrett. From the corner of my eye, I could see him staring at me for a while before looking back to the teacher who was explaining some algebraic shit.

I wasn’t interested in the lesson. Hell – I wasn’t interested in any classes today. I didn’t know why, none of them was interesting to me. Except PE because I technically kept on doing smash when I got the chance. Everyone in the gym was like, “Damn, Young Brock, since when did you get all the power?”

I just needed to let out everything I was holding inside. With everything about Kennedy in the hospital, Neyla and Garrett stabbing his back but were still there for us, John that couldn’t be around, my ignorant parents that were always busy, and not to mention homeworks and tests.

It felt good letting my grudges out without harming any side. I didn’t hurt myself or anybody else. It felt so relieving; maybe I should do some more sports. I was glad we didn’t play dodge ball though, I could’ve hurt someone.

I heard Garrett’s phone buzzing in his pocket and I instantly looked at him. He looked back at me and before he could take out his phone, my phone buzzed from my bag. I assumed the person sent the same text to me and Garrett, so I searched for my iPhone inside my bag as Garrett took out his phone from his pocket.

I read what it was and exchanged looks with Garrett when I was done. He grinned at me, syndicating that he had read the message. I grinned back, feeling happier than I had ever been in these past few days.

Forty minutes ‘till the bell rang. Hurry the fuck up.

- - -

Right after Garrett parked the car, I jumped out and ran into the hospital. A nurse told me to walk, and I did. I walked fast and made my way through the familiar hallways and into Kennedy’s room.

I opened the door and saw what I had been waiting. Kennedy was sitting on his bed with his back leaning against the headboard. Without any second thoughts, I ran towards him and hugged him tightly.

He laughed weakly as he hugged me back.

I kissed his cheek and pulled apart, taking in his features. His similar dark hazel eyes were open and I could see myself in them. His lips were still pale and he still looked tired.

I pulled in for a hug again.

“I miss you. So much,” I whispered, my voice was cracking.

He croaked out, “Me too, little sister, me too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
WAKE UP IN THE MORNING FEELIN' LIKE P. DIDDY
GRAB MY GLASSES I'M OUT THE DOOR I'M GONNA ~HIT THIS CITY
BEFORE I LEAVE, BRUSH MY TEETH WITH A BOTTLE OF JOBE
'CAUSE WHEN I LEAVE FOR THE NIGHT I AIN'T COMING BACK!!!!!

lol idek I'm such in a random mood rn.

KENNEDY IS FINALLY AWAKE, ARE YOU ALL HAPPY NOW