Status: Finished.

Rollercoaster Ride

The World Gets Blurry

Neyla
I heard Kennedy could go home tomorrow – we were ecstatic. People were missing him at school and I bet they would be really excited when they saw him.

Right now I was sitting on a chair at the hospital corridor with Garrett next to me. He was holding a can of RedBull and I was holding a can of Milo.

“So, what is it you wanted to talk about?” he asked before taking a sip of his drink.

I pursed my lips together, hesitating. He looked at me, waiting.

I took a deep breath. “We should stop,... okay?”

“Stop what?”

“You know it, Garrett. Don’t act stupid.”

He went quiet. “It’s about Kennedy, isn’t it?”

“Gar—“

“You like him more than you like me, right?”

“I don—“

“He’s the one, right?!” he yelled, making me jump in shock. He sighed in frustration, looking down. “I’m sorry,” he muttered, “I didn’t mean to yell.”

I nodded. “He can’t live without me, okay?” I croaked out. “He tried to kill himself and it’s all because of me.”

“Well...he still lives.”

“He nearly died!”

“But he’s still alive!”

“Garrett, don’t be fucking stupid,” I said, tears threatening to fall. “I saw him when he was about to die. You did too. And it’s all because of us. He almost died because of us. Your BEST FRIEND almost died because of us!”

Garrett remained silent.

“I have to be with him, okay?”

He scoffed. “No you don’t. It’s just you who wants to be him more than you want to be with me.”

“Garrett...”

“Admit it, you like him more, don’t you?” I stayed silent. “Don’t you?!”

I took another breath. “I don’t. You’re the one I like the most, but our situation just doesn’t help. We’re not meant for each other, okay Gar? Face it.”

I stared at him as his eyes were still glued to the floor. The door to Kennedy’s room opened, calling our attention. Daphne appeared. “Kennedy wants to talk to you,” she said, eyes fixed on me. I nodded before glancing once more at Garrett and went inside.

My heart beat increased as I saw Kennedy lying on the hospital bed, smiling at me.

“Come here,” he patted the space next to him and I sat next to him, staring into his dark hazel eyes. He stared back and let silence filled in for a while. “How long were you and Garrett?”

I froze. “W – what?”

“I just want to know. How long?”

I bit my lower lip. “Seven months.”

“Seven months? But we were dating for five months.”

“Yeah, well, my parents don’t like him so we decided to go backstreet. Two months later you asked me out, completely oblivious about us.”

“Why did you accept me then?”

“You’re really nice, Kenny. I just couldn’t say no.”

“You could. But you didn’t. Why?”

I hesitated. “You were really nice to me despite the fact that your sister hated me. I loved that... a lot. I couldn’t hurt you by saying no.”

“But you hurt me.”

“I know. I’m sorry,” I whispered.

He smiled warmly, holding my cheek. “Don’t be. I’m glad you’re being honest with me.” He leaned in and softly kissed my forehead. “Just... don’t try to get back with me because you feel sorry. I know what you have in mind,” he grinned.

I smiled at my sight.

“Do what you want to do, okay? Not because that you feel pressured or because you have to – because you want to.”

I nodded. “Thanks, Kennedy. You’re great, really. I’m sorry again.”

He jokingly rolled his eyes, “Stop apologizing.”

I smiled as our foreheads touched.

Daphne
I woke up and turned to see Kennedy, who was already awake, watching TV. A smile broadened on my face as I realized he was going home today. I got up and pecked the top of his head.

“Morning,” he murmured.

“You’re going home today, excited?” I said as I walked into the bathroom.

“Yeah.”

“You don’t sound like it.”

“Well, I just think I’d miss the nurses and all. They’re cute, you know.”

I rolled my eyes before brushing my teeth. I spat out the toothpaste and rinsed my mouth with the tap water. I walked out the bathroom. “I’m gonna get some breakfast downstairs for a while, you okay?”

“Yup. Good as a cucumber.”

I smiled before taking my wallet and phone from the sofa bed. “Be right back.” I walked outside and entered the elevator.

Kennedy was a bit pale and exhausted this morning while yesterday he was just resting in bed all day. Maybe that was just me.

“Hey.” I turned around and saw John was approaching me.

“Hey,” I smiled as he planted a kiss on my lips. “I’m going to grab some breakfast, then we’ll head upstairs, yeah?” He nodded and waited for me to buy some pastries and a cup of hot tea before going back up.

We noticed there were nurses crowding Kennedy’s room and I rushed to see what was going on.

I dropped whatever I was holding; disregard the tea spilling when it hit the ground. The heart machine was showing straight line, the non-stopping beeping sound was heard without any interruption. Nurses surrounded Kennedy that had his eyes closed and looking pale, shouting things at each other. A nurse held equipment in his hands, shouting things at the others before placing it on Kennedy’s chest and Kennedy’s body jolted upwards, but his eyes weren’t opened.

“No,” I whispered, didn’t believe what I was seeing. “NO!” I screamed and bolted in. “KENNEDY, WAKE UP!” I screamed, my eyes were in verge of tears.

“Miss, you can’t be here,” a nurse said, pulling my arm.

I didn’t care. I wanted Kennedy. I wanted him to be awake and to laugh as if he had fooled us all.

“KENNEDY!” I screamed his name again but John held my arms and pulled me back, out from the room. “Let me go, John! I DON’T WANT TO LOSE HIM!” I screamed, tears streaming hard.

I didn’t want this. I didn’t want to lose Kennedy, a brother that had always been there for me from the start. He was practically the only family I had.

The nurse repeated a few times, but Kennedy didn’t give any reaction besides jolting upwards and that was because of the shock. The heart machine was still showing straight line, didn’t change at all.

The nurses exchanged looks to each other, shaking their heads.

He couldn’t make it.

I have lost my brother.
♠ ♠ ♠
did this make you cry? please tell me it did. because it's sad.

I almost accidentally wrote in British English for a few times, teehee.

this isn't the end by the way.