Status: Finished.

Rollercoaster Ride

Show Me Something I Couldn't See

I spun around in front of my full-length mirror as I stared at my reflection. Satisfied with how I look, I ran my fingers through my ginger hair. From the reflection of the mirror, I could see Kennedy was walking on the hallway and walked passed through my room. I saw he walked back to see me in my room.

“Why are you dressing up?” he asked.

I turned around to look at him and smiled. “Oh, you’ll know.”

“Who are you, inside of my sister’s body?” he said, walking towards me.

I laughed. “Is it wrong for me to look like this, just for one day? You should be thankful because your sister finally grows up.”

“No, not really, actually. You’re gonna whine more and shop every week.”

I rolled my eyes and then he laughed before hugging me. “Happy 16th birthday sis.” And kissed my forehead as I returned the hug.

“You should’ve said it earlier, but thanks, Kenny.”

Then I heard the doorbell rang, and I immediately pushed him off. Maybe I pushed a little too hard, because he then hit my wall. He groaned, rubbing his sore spot.

I grabbed my bag quickly and ran downstairs to open the door.

“Why are you so excited?” Kennedy asked aloud as he followed me downstairs.

I smiled at the tall figure in front of me. Kennedy showed up next to me and grinned.

“Ooh, so this is why,” he teased.

“Happy birthday, love,” John said before he pulled me into a hug. I blushed at what he just called me. He never called me love before.

But he loves me as a best friend, I know that.

I always knew.

“Thanks,” I muttered as we pulled away.

“Oh wait,” he said as he shoved his hand into his left pocket. “Where is it…” he muttered as he shoved his other hand into the right pocket. “Ah, there it is!” During this thing-searching-process, he had been talking to himself all the time.

He pulled out a small white box and handed it to me. I received it and stared at him suspiciously as I played with the box; my heart was beating fast, I wouldn’t lie.

“Open it.”

I gulped and opened the box, and I gasped.

“Are you shitting me?” I smiled widely.

“…You don’t like it?”

“What do you think?” I asked back staring at him with a wide grin spread across my face. “You stupid retard.”

He laughed. “Here, let me.”

He took the necklace from the box and I turned around, lifting my hair in process, and then he put it on.

I turned back around to face him.

“Thank you,” I smiled, playing with the necklace. “I’m gonna keep it for the rest of my life.”

“Really?” he laughed. “It’s just a present from your bestest bud.”

’Just’ my ass.

“Ahem,” someone cleared his throat behind me. I turned around, totally forgetting that Kennedy was there. He stared at me with his eyebrow raised.

“So we’re gonna go now. See you later Kenny,” I grinned.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever.”

John grabbed my shoulder and we started walking to his car that was parked in our driveway. He opened the car door for me and then I slipped into the passenger seat. After shutting the door closed, he jogged around the car and got into the driver’s seat.

He turned the ignition to start the engine.

“Are you hungry yet?” he asked, eyes focused on the road.

“Not really.” My eyes glanced to the digital clock near the radio, it showed 1.36 PM.

He laughed. “Yes you do. You have your lunch during this time of the day.”

I blushed. He knew me way too much.

“So, where are you taking me, Cornelius?”

He frowned. “Don’t call me that.”

I giggled. “Sorry, I just like it when you’re annoyed by that. It’s adorable,” I muttered the last sentence, but I thought he heard it.

“What?”

“What?”

“You said something.”

“I like it when you’re annoyed…?”

“No, after that.”

“Nothing.”

“Come on, don’t lie to me. I know you said something,” he insisted.

“…It’s adorable,” I muttered, locking my eyes to the window on my right.

“What?” I heard him smiling. “Didn’t hear that.”

I cleared my throat. “It’s adorable,” I said louder.

“Louder, please.” I heard he smiled wider. He totally heard that. I rolled my eyes.

“It’s adorable!” I half-shouted and he laughed. “Happy now?” I pouted as I folded my arms across my chest.

“Yep, but to be honest I’m happier because of the fact that I’m taking you out with me right now,” he smiled, eyes still focused on the road.

I blushed.

A few minutes later, he parked the car in the school’s… parking lot?

“John, what are doing in here?” I asked as we got out.

“You’ll see,” he smiled as he put an arm around my shoulder.

We went inside the school, which made me wondered why he had the key of the doors. We climbed the stairs until we reached the top floor. There was a door and he unlocked it before opening it, letting me out first.

“…Okay,” I said, and then he laughed as he closed the door.

He was bringing a backpack when we got here, and then he told me to wait as he walked to the stage of the rooftop. I was scared of the thought that he was going to jump, but he didn’t. Instead, he pulled out a tablecloth from his backpack and laid it on the floor. And then he pulled out a few boxes and opened the lids.

“Come here,” he said, patting the seat next to him.

I smiled and sat next to him. “Picnic on the school’s rooftop. Very romantic, JohnO.”

He laughed. “I thought you liked this kind of stuff. Being outside and stuff.”

“Yeah, I do. I really do.”

He grabbed a slice of sandwich and held it towards me. I was about to take it but he pulled his hand.

“Open your mouth,” he instructed.

“John!” I laughed.

“Open it,” he smiled.

I smiled before opening my mouth and then he fed me with the sandwich. I chewed it and watched as he bit the sandwich.

Having picnic on the school’s rooftop wasn’t as bad as I thought. Maybe it was John’s presence that made it good? Ah, whatever. I really loved this moment, although some time the wind would blew and made my hair sort of messed up. The first times it happened, I ran my fingers through it to make it better, but after a few times I let it be.

John laughed at that. “You’re just too cute,” he commented; successfully making me blush.

He glanced at his watch. “Shit we gotta get going,” he said.

“John, it’s still 3 PM,” I said after looking at the clock in my phone, but I got up too and helped him cleaning stuff. “Why so hurry?” I asked.

“Can’t tell you.” He winked.

After we were done cleaning the stuff, we got back into his car and he started to drive.

“The journey’s gonna take some time, go take a nap if you want,” he said.

“Journey? John, where are we exactly going?”

“Can’t tell you,” he grinned.

I sighed and decided to take a nap anyways.

- - -

“Daphne.” Someone shook me lightly.

“Hmm?”

“We’re here.”

I fluttered my eyes open and found we were on top of a hill, pretty much far away from the city. The sun was setting, coloring the buildings black as silhouettes. I basically had my mouth hung open.

“Come on, the view is better outside.”

The next thing I knew I was laying on the car hood with him with our backs laid against the window and he had his arms around my waist after he pulled me closer to him.

“Why is the hood warm already? Supposed to be hot, right?” I asked, having my head laid against the crook of his neck.

“We arrived for 30 minutes already. I was just waiting for the right time to wake you up,” he said, his body giving vibrations as he spoke.

And then we led silence took over as we watched the sunset. It was really pretty. I wondered how he found this place.

After the sun was completely set, the buildings in the city turned on their lights one by one. It was amazing.

John and I stayed like that for another 20 minutes, until he decided to bring me home.

“Kennedy would kill me if you’re home too late,” he said after getting in the car. “He’ll think we have hot sex or something.”

And I laughed at that.

- - -

“John, I had a great time, really,” I said when we were in the porch of my house.

“Glad to hear that,” he chuckled.

I nodded and looked down. Usually in movies, the guys would lean in and kiss, right? I really hoped it would happen…

“See you later, then,” I smiled after a few moments of silence.

Usually the guys would grab the girl’s wrist, turn them around, and kiss, right?! But he didn’t. Fuck it.

I opened the front door, and I was frickin’ surprised to see what I was seeing.

“Happy birthday, Daphne!”

All of my friends were here. Friends, as in my kindergarten ones, elementary ones, junior high ones, and high school ones.

This was the best day ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
My favorite chapter so far :'D Though made it tad a bit hurry 'cause Bunga and Nabila kept on asking for this, plus the distractions I had to go through XD