Status: Complete

Will You Catch Me If I Fall?

Take Me, I'm Never Gonna Let You Fall

Addison POV

As I ran back home, there was only one objective screaming in my head : Find Trace.
As I ran through the streets, only one name was repeated: Trace Cyrus.
As I ran in and out of the crowds, I could only see one face appear before me again and again; Trace’s.

I needed to see him, to tell him ho I felt because now that I knew, my whole body was burning with some strange fire. I wanted to climb to the top of the tallest building in the city, and whisper it to the wind so he could tell everybody, I wanted to hear it repeated by the trees. I wanted to hear the birds sing it back to me; I love him. Addison Grey loves somebody. She loves Trace Cyrus.

But deep down, I knew my troubled, insecure actions had most likely fucked things up. Because even if I had finally realised I could embrace the emotion I thought out of reach, I was still Addison. The royal fuck up.

I sprinted back to Trace’s apartment block, taking the stairs two at a time. I stopped on the third floor, bending over as I wheezed for my breath back before starting again. I crashed through the door, my key swinging out of my hand to clatter under the small table I had watched Trace squeeze into all those mornings ago. One of the days that had started everything, when Trace had begged me to let him in and I did what I always do, I ran away from him.

But this time, I was no longer running. I was here, and here was now. And now was when I would tell him.

But he wasn’t here.

I searched the small apartment, looking in each room. Hell, I even looked on the tiny excuse for a bath which Trace couldn’t even sit in without folding his whole lanky ass body in half. I half expected him to be hiding inside the closet, waiting for me to find him and then jump out saying, “you know I’d never give up on you.”

But I think he had finally given up. Because he wasn’t here.

I sat down on the edge of the bed, and then finally flopped all the way across it, my hair streaming around me like a fire. I sighed, and turned my head to burrow my nose into his side of the sheets. The sheets that smelled like him. I clutched onto them desperately as if they were the only thing left of Trace. Of my Trace, the boy I was deeply and madly in love with.

My eyes began to grow heavy, and I blinked sleepily. My side was burning from the running, my newly healed scar throbbing. I mumbled something, as if expecting Trace to be there to wrap me up like he always did. I loved him. I loved him. I loved him….

My phone began to ring, and I abruptly awoke, realising I had indeed fallen asleep for almost two hours when I should have been out looking for Trace. I checked the Caller ID, it was Simara.

I pressed accept, and held the phone to my ear, “Hello?”

“Hey Addie! Were are you?” Simara’s voice was faint, amidst a load of screaming and I winced at the loud sounds in my ear.

“I’m in the apartment, why? Sim, have you seen Trace? I really need to speak with him?” I pleaded with her, hoping he had come by her and Mason’s place.

“Why Addison? The band are doing that gig in the Kaesar? Remember? And yeah, obviously I’ve seen him since I’m here but what happened? He…well, he’s not in a good mood. He messed up in the sound check and that’s not like Trace!”

I rolled my eyes at Sim, though she couldn’t see me, “Yeah whatever, I’ll be there soon.”

I ended the call before she could say anything more, and ransacked the drawer by the bed, looking for something fresh to wear. I finally decided on a yellow dress, that clashed horribly with my hair, and ran out of the building, hailing a cab.

I drummed my fingers against the vehicle door and when he finally pulled up outside the gig venue, I threw him a fifty, before jumping out. I eyed the bouncers at the front entrance before making my way around the backstage door. There was a rather large man in the way, the earpiece in his ear indicating he was also, security.

I smiled at him, “Hey, can I get in please? I’m with the band.”

He scowled, “Yeah lady, I’m sure.”

My mouth was set in a firm line as I cursed in my head for forgetting that backstage pass I got on tour. It was so easy to get in and out of the venues, minus the a-holes of security.

“Look buddy, I’m Trace Cyrus’s girlfriend so you better let me right now.”

He began to laugh and I stamped my foot, and shivered ,it was getting cold. “Look girl, do you know how many times I hear that at these events? For what I’ve heard this Trace guy could have several hundred girlfriends but it’s not my job to let them in, especially not without tickets.”

I scowled darkly at him, and huffed, “Fine. I’ll prove it to you,”

I quickly rang Simara and explained my situation. Within minutes she opened the door and smiled her beautiful grin at the security man. I practically witnessed him melt.

“Hey Gustav. What are you doing with Addison? You should know she’s Trace’s girl!”

Gustav blushed and stuttered, “Aw okay Simara…I didn’t know. Go ahead Addison, sorry.”

I grinned triumphantly, refraining from sticking out my tongue. I quickly followed Simara into the building and she led me into a quiet corridor before turning around on me. “What the hells going on Addison?”

I sighed, stepping back to allow my head to rest on the wall, “It’s a long story Sim.”

“Well spill, I’ve had the guys around me all day, all them fucking moping about something, or reflecting Trace’s fucking sulk. And none of them will tell me what’s going on so you better tell me so fast or I’ll..”

“Trace told me he loves me!” I blurted out quickly before slapping a hand around my mouth.

Simara made a face, “Jeez Addison. I mean, that’s been pretty obvious since like forever! I can’t believe he only told you now, and you never coped on.”

I frowned, “I…I never knew. Well I hoped he didn’t.”

“So…what happened after that then?”

I looked away from her, cursing myself for getting into this conversation. “I, erm, I sort of, kind of…ran away.”

Simara’s mouth dropped open then, and she stared at me, “Addison…that’s so…”

“Bad, evil, bitchy. Yeah, I know Sim. But then I realised something. I love him. And maybe he never wants to speak me again. For all I know I’ve lost the only guy I’ve ever loved because I was so fucking stupid!”

I pressed my fists against my eyes and didn’t remove them until I felt Simara’s hands pull them away. She looked at me and smiled, “Stop Addison. You know Trace, and I know him. And let me tell you this, he fucking loves you. And he won’t care that you ran away from him. He won’t care that he almost lost you. He’ll care that you love him back. He’ll be so happy, he’ll forget about everything else.”

I smiled, “Do you really think so Sim?”

She grinned and slung her arm around my neck, “Of course, what are friends for?”

I laughed, and allowed her to lead me to the stage.

~

We stood on the side, by the speakers with vibrated sound straight through my body I was shaking where I stood. Mason kept looking over at Sim, winking and kissing at her, they were so loved up, it would’ve made me nauseous if I wasn’t concentrating so hard on Trace. He didn’t look at me once.

And then at the end of the second last song, he did look at me. And my whole body froze. I’ve never seen him look so hateful. His ocean eyes were dark with rage and his face was so cold, I shivered. I gasped, a lump rising in my throat so it was hard to swallow. Tears pricked my eyes. He hated me. He fucking hated me.

Simara saw me gasp and came to my side, “Addison what is it? Are you okay? Is your side hurting?”

I shook my head, muttering a ‘no.’ I pushed away from my friend, “I think I’ll wait in his dressing room.”

I ran down the corridors until I found the door marked for Trace and ran inside, collapsing on the couch. My shoulders began to shake as I cried fitfully. I sobbed, tears running hot and fast and then I heard the door shut and close quietly. I looked up through my red rimmed eyes and stared at Trace, as he looked at me. He stood at the door, maybe intent on leaving my presence as soon as possible. I gasped, sitting up, and looked into his cold gaze, “Trace?” I whispered.

“Save it Addie!” he snapped and I flinched from his voice that split me apart. He’d never talked to me like this before. “What are you doing here?”

“What am I doing here?” I whispered, “I’m here…I’m here…to say I’m sorry. And that-”

“You’re sorry! You’re fucking sorry!” Trace shouted at me, and began to advance. I put my eyes, the hurt in his voice obvious. “I fucking told you I loved you and you left me Addie! You fucking ran away from me like I was a piece of dirt. You ran away from me! Leaving me alone. Do you realise what that did to me?”

“I feel like an idiot!” he continued. “I should’ve known something like that would happen. I mean, you’re you!”

That’s when I grew angry, and I stood up, pushing him away with my hands, “I’m me…what the fuck does that mean Trace? I’m me, I’m fucked up…but may I remind you, you fucking asshole, you knew that about me before you got involved with me. You knew what I was like, and you knew you shouldn’t fucking fall for me. I knew it too, yet somehow we’ve ended up falling in love!”

Trace stopped trying to talk and stared at me, and I glared back. “Yeah you heard me Trace. We! I came here to apologise, to tell you I love you too. But I guess, I’ll just go if I’m too much trouble for you to handle.”

I pushed past him, walking towards the door, but Trace shot his hand out, grabbing me around my wrist and pulling me back, into his chest. I stayed a minute, looking at the colourful artwork on his chest, before looking up and meeting those ocean eyes. He grinned down at me, and then it was a flurry of gasps as our lips met. We crashed back into the wall, and he turned pressing me against it, and hitching me up so my legs wrapped around his waist.

He ripped my panties off, and before I knew what he was doing, he had trust himself into me. I screamed in pleasure, and gasped against him as his mouth roved around my chest and up my neck, biting hard producing whore like moans from me and leaving marks on my skin. We came at the same time and slumped down onto the floor, and I gasped, heaving for breath. Fucking hell.

Trace crawled closer to me then, laying me down on the hard floor, covering my heaving body with his own. Then, he kissed my lips tenderly, and nuzzled my face, a grin on his mouth, “Say it.”

I smiled, and held his face between my hands so I stared into his eyes, “Trace Cyrus, I fucking love you, you asshole.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments :D

This is not the end!There's lots more to come!