Status: Complete

Will You Catch Me If I Fall?

Another Cigarette And I'm So Bored

Addison's POV

Something was starting to erupt inside my body. Something that felt like hope..

There was only one explanation and his name was Trace. I looked across to where he was sitting beside me quietly, calmly bathing in the afternoon sunlight.

I could examine him freely now we were ‘friends’…Addison Grey didn’t have friends. Heck, I had trouble calling Frank-E a friend…and he was the one person above everyone else who knew me best. But somehow I’d ended up saying yes to Trace’s crazy idea. How did he do that to me?

He really was breathtaking, with full lips and those beautiful dark blue eyes. His many tattoos added to his appeal and though he appeared tough, I knew better.

Keep the distance

Trace didn’t need me. He didn’t need any of my shit to ruin his life. I was on a one-way road to Disasterville and hell, I didn’t want him to be dragged along too. How could he know that by merely being with me, he was catapulting himself in the dark and dangerous world of drugs, addiction and crime…

I should tell him…but now I find myself here, I can’t turn back. I can’t turn away from him…all I can do is make sure he doesn’t get fucked up like I did.

I never wanted to have see any sort of pain or misery in his eyes. I never wanted to see anything but a smile pass his lips and hope and laughter in his future. He was a star…he never stopped shining and I would make sure his light never burned out.

I didn’t have a future…not even Trace Cyrus could change that.

I stood up and he looked at me, startled out of his daydream

“Where are we going?” he asked

I watched for a moment, how when he turned his head a certain way the sun danced in his eyes and how his black hair sparkled. I mentally slapped myself and turned away, forbidding myself to look anymore.

“I need a drink” I muttered

He followed me curiously as I ran across the road, flipping off the obnoxious bastard who blared his horn at me. I slid down a side alley and a few shortcuts and zigzags later, I stopped triumphantly in front of my sanctuary pub The Broken Eagle

“Where are we?” Trace asked and I jumped. I’d forgotten he was behind me.

I pointed to the swinging sign above the door “The Broken Eagle…come on”

I pushed the door open, not bothering to see if he followed me and slapped my hand down on the shiny bar top loudly

“Two beers please Tony!” I called out to the older man behind the bar, watching a football game intently.

He smiled at me, his crows feet crinkling and his gold tooth flashing “Addison! Haven’t seen you in a while!”

I shrugged “Well I’m here now old man…” and laughed, giving Tony some dollars as he handed us our beers. He didn’t bother asking for ID. I’d been here so ,many time before, he was under the impression I was twenty two.

“Who’s your friend?” he asked, peering at Trace who seemed to be hiding behind my shoulder.

I moved “Trace, Tony…Tony, Trace”

I settled in a corner booth, Trace following me after doing that awkward man shake with Tony and he sipped his beer shyly, looking around the empty bar.

“How do you know this place?” he asked quietly as Tony resumed watching the football.

I swallowed a mouthful of beer and scratched my knee “I used to come here a lot. I like to gather my thoughts here…it’s…peaceful”

He raised an eyebrow but didn’t say anything. I looked around at the bar, it was old and dark…the interior consisting of peeling wine wallpaper and darkly polished wooden tables and chairs. A large pool table occupied the floor and a darts board was positioned near it.

“How old are you?” Trace suddenly asked me and I paused for a moment before answering, eyeing Tony nervously.

“I’m…erm…nineteen next month”

Trace chocked on his beer and coughing slightly, gasped “You’re only eighteen!”

“Shut up!” I hissed “He thinks I’m older!”

Trace shut his mouth and then whispered “How long have you been doing this?”

I looked at him, feeling slightly pissed off “Doing what exactly?”

He shrugged “You know, the drinking and partying…you’re no newcomer…that’s obvious.”

I bit my lip, thinking… I suppose it did look strange that at eighteen I was a regular place in bars and nightclubs but that was me.

“It’s what I do Trace…it’s me…get over it…”

Maybe I was a little harsh as his face twisted slightly…I signed “Sorry….I’ve just never really though about it like that…I’ve been partying since I was sixteen…it’s become who I am”

He looked at me and I saw his eyes soften “I shouldn’t be so nosy Addison…you just…intrigue me”

I smiled and stood up, looking at my watch “Well…I better go Trace…this has been fun but duty calls. We should do it again.”

I sweeped out the door, waving to Tony leaving Trace staring behind me amused. I suppose this time, unlike that last, he knew I was going to come back.

~

I lit up another cigarette, leaning against the cold, stone wall bored. How long would I have to wait…

I was doing a job for Frank-E, waiting for some ’friends’ who needed their weekly pick-me-up. I was dressed like a high class hooker with skin hugging leather leggings and a black corset which made my relatively small boobs look bigger.

The stilettos on my feet made my legs look longer and sexier, earning many whistles from passing cars but luckily for me, Frank-E had picked an easy meeting place, the gaudiest walk in town, where the hookers and drug pushers hung around. I fit right in.

The guys came and went, passing by me holding out their hand ever so slightly so I could pass the little packages to them easily and unnoticed. My job was done, and Frank-E better pay me well.

I walked to the taxi rank and couldn’t help but wonder…what would Trace say if he could see me now?
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry guys for not updating in so long
Please comment and check out myone shots

Love you
x