Status: Complete

Will You Catch Me If I Fall?

Just trust in me, I'll never run away

Trace’s POV

I didn’t think I could hurt so much after only knowing a girl for such a short period of time.

It was stupid of me to think, to dream that I could possibly have a chance with someone like her…she’s pure gold. And I’m just plain old copper…

But I thought that maybe, more than once I had seen something in her amazing green eyes. A hopeful look, a look that said she wanted something…more. It was a look that gave me hope. A fool’s hope that someday, somehow Addison Grey would be mine…

I knew she had seen me as that guy kissed her. As he groped her like she was some kind of meat…She’d looked straight across the street right into my eyes. For a wild moment, I thought she might have pulled away from him and come to me….but she didn’t, she just continued with her public make out session. She didn’t need a guy like that.

She deserved someone that would look after her, and protect her….someone that would never let her down and that guy was me…

Had I been wrong about the connection I had felt? Had I imagined everything?

I felt like she needed me…everytime I looked at her, something deep inside was calling out. I don’t know how I know, I just do…

There was something wrong, something she needed help for and she wasn’t telling anyone about it. She wouldn’t talk, she wouldn’t try…I had witnessed her inner battle, seen the raging emotions pass over her face before she shut down and ran away.

If only she knew she could tell me anything. How was it possible to know so little about someone yet literally crave their existence in your life?

Mason couldn’t seem to understand my bond with trying to find Addison. If I gave up on her right now…I knew I’d be giving up on everything. All of a sudden, she was one of the most important things present in my hectic life.

“Dude! Come on! Let’s go out tonight! You, me and the boys!” Masons’ voice tried to persuade me through the cell

“And Simara!” a voice called in the background.

“And Simmy!” Mason finished “Come on Trace…don’t be homo bro. You need some serious lovage…and to forget about this Abbie chick you’re so preoccupied with”

I rolled my eyes as I walked down an empty street, my cell propped between my cheek and shoulder and then realising Mason couldn’t see me “I don’t know Mason…I was planning on staying in tonight…I think I’m going to work on some lyrics”

“Dude! Seriously…”

“They’re good…I need to tighten them up, just one night Mase...I’ll go out with you tomorrow or whatever…just…not tonight…”

Mason grunted but finally gave in

“Oh…and Mason!” I said before ending the call

“Yeah?”

“It’s Addison…not Abbie”

Hanging up I kept walking down a quiet street, heading into a small park where a few children were playing with a Frisbee. I wasn’t heading anywhere in particular, just walking with my thoughts.

It has been two weeks since I saw Addison and I have looked everywhere for her but to no avail. I went to Vibe which seemed to be her favourite club, or at least the place I had seen her the most and talked to the bartender Tanya. She hasn’t seen her since the day I took her back to my apartment. I was starting to get worried, as from what I’ve gathered she goes out a lot and to not see her….something must be wrong.

And then suddenly, out of the blue I saw her

I stopped, looking across a small patch of lawn where her thin frame was seated on a bench bathed in sunlight. She had her IPod in her ears and head turned up into the light.

Barr the time I had watched her sleep, it was the most relaxed I’d every seen her. She had her eyes closed and a small perfect smile graced her lips.

My mind battled with my heart for one crazy moment. Should I stay and go over? Or should I walk away as quietly as I stumbled across my own personal angel, relaxed with the thought she is well and seemingly happy?

I couldn’t see myself walking away from her. Right now that thought wasn’t physically possible and before I knew it, my feet had carried me across the grass and I had sat down on the bench beside Addison where the faint hum of Bob Marley could be heard from her earphones.

She turned, her subconscious detecting another presence and jumped about a mile in the air when she saw me sitting beside her.

She pulled her earphones out and clutched a hand over her rapidly beating heart.

“Fucking cows on Moses Trace!” She half shrieked in the quiet morning “You just scared the shit out of me…don’t do that!”

I couldn’t help but laugh and finally her stern face broke into the smallest of smiles before disappearing.

“You’re alone today” I stated, twisting my hands together nervously

She stared at me for what seemed an age and finally sighed

“He’s not my boyfriend…”

I looked at her “Then…who is he”

“He’s a…friend. He was just kidding around”

I frowned, wanting to say I didn’t find his ‘joke’ amusing but kept my mouth shut, not saying anything more, not sure I wanted to know anything more

We stayed a while, sitting close together on the bench, watching the world go by but for me…I watched her…for in those moments she was all I could see, she was quickly becoming my whole world. When I was with her, nothing else mattered.

“Trace…” her voice was soft, almost a whisper “What are you doing here?”
, thinking for a moment. What was I doing here? Why was I looking around an entire city for one strange girl that I had only talked to twice…?

“I want to be your friend…” I answered truthfully

She stared and gave a twisted smile that morphed her pretty features for an instant

“Trace…you know nothing about me. You don’t know me…you don’t know what kind of person I am…”

“Then tell me…”I whispered, desperate to know her.

She barked a bitter laugh
“I’m the kind of girl no mother wants their daughter to become Trace. I’m the kind of girl who will mess with a boys head an entire night just so he will take her home. Just so I won’t have to go home…I can’t go out without getting drunk…I’m a mess Trace…”

I stopped her, my mind whirling “That isn’t who you are Addison…those are just things you’ve done…”

I couldn’t read her face. It was so horribly blank. She was trying to ward me away from her. But I knew she was a good person, she just needed to believe that too.

“I’m not the kind of person you want as a friend Trace” she looked down at her hands “If you had any sense, you’d walk away right now and never come near me again. I’m going down a road Trace where I don’t think I can ever look back…”

I put a finger under her chin and forced her to look at me, to meet my eyes

“And what if I said that I don’t have any sense Addison Grey…what if I said I wanted to stay. You can’t me run away”

She bit her lip which I noticed was trembling and then smiled

“Well then, I’m going to have to introduce you as Trace Cyrus…my stupid friend”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments
And sorry for late updateness, school has me floopsy
I hope you like this chapter, their relationship is improving at last yay!
x