Paper Hearts

His Anger, Her Happiness

Have you ever wanted to kick someone so hard, with a pair of stilettos on, that they had to have a doctor repair the damage?

Well right now I was having one of those moments.

And it was all Jeff’s fault. How come he got the window seat? I mean Jeff wasn’t even looking out the window. He was staring a sapphire, with those lovey dovey eyes that were driving me insane. Not to mention Sapphy was staring back at him with the same look. It might be mean to say this but, it was nauseating.

And I couldn’t stomach it any longer.

I looked around again, hoping that this time the only other seat I could move to, wouldn’t be next to Shannon.

But of course, it still was.

At least it was better than this torture.

I quickly came up with a lie that wouldn’t be considered offensive in Jeff’s book, because Sapphire wasn’t my problem.

“Sapphy, Shannon looks lonely over there. I’m going to go talk to him.” I lied hoping she was too caught up with Jeff to realize whose name I said.

She just sighed contently for a reply.

She must really be in ‘love.’ If she wasn’t she would have realized I said her brother’s name.

And she knows I highly despise him.

I stood up and swayed a little before stumbling towards my next relatively dreaded seating arrangement.

I guess you could say wearing heels on a plane wasn’t good for someone as clumsy as myself.

But I had a reputation for not listening to the laws of gravity.

Shannon just gave me a funny look when I sat down.

He probably would have said something to if I hadn’t started the soon-to-be heated discussion.

“Look, the love birds are making me sick. And this seat is my only option. So grow up and deal with it.”

“Which lovebirds?”

Boys. I swear.

“You idiot. Are you seriously oblivious to the fact that Jeff and your sister are having a thing.”

“O-bliv-i-what? And did you just say Jeff and my sister have a thing?”

“Yes I did just say that. I mean look at them, their literally gaga over each other.”

He looked at them and then looked back at me. I’ve always been good at reading other people’s expressions. Probably because when I was about twelve my brother, Drake, started sneaking out of the house. I soon learned to recognize when he was lying to our mom about where he was. And when I started out as a fashion consultant I learned to read my client’s emotion about an outfit they were trying on. So I was pretty much the master of know when people are happy.

But when I took a glimpse at Shannon’s eyes, all I saw was anger. Nothing but pure anger. And I was part of the reason why that anger was there.

Can you imagine how happy I was?

Well you probably couldn’t, because a little kid on a sugar rush couldn’t compete with how happy I was at the moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you loves it.
more tomorrow