Status: Active: Updated: 4//30//11 YAY! :D

Insane Reality

Chapter 21: Friendship.

::Alex’s POV::
I was speechless. What do you say to a seemingly perfect and beautiful creature like Edward Cullen who just confessed he was a vampire? What should I say? Or better yet, what should I do? How was I supposed to process and hold this information? Was I even fit to know a secret such as this? Well, Edward seemed to think so because after I ate and we started to leave, he began to explain his lifestyle and the difference between story book vampire and the real thing. I think it was kind of cool of him and his family to only drink animal blood. Poor animals... but it was better then to kill innocent people like everyone was lead to believe all vampires did. Meanwhile, we found ourselves in my house, in my room. I sat on the bed with my back against the headboard and Edward stood by the window. He talked, I listened.

I stared at nothing in particular as he grew silent. I was still running everything through my head. “What are you thinking?” He asked quietly. I slowly turned my head to look at him to see he was still looking out the window. I could see by the side of his face he had an intense look of concentration. I didn’t answer straight away and when I was about to, a chill ran up my spine. Right on the side of Edward was Peter. Fine time for my mind to start playing tricks. I closed my eyes and reopened them but he was still there. He stared at me like he always did and I stared back but Edward turned around and my attention went to him. “Alex...”

“I- uh... I’m thinking about, you know, how I figured you couldn’t be normal.” I muttered and licked my lips. “I mean, I think it was only because you took the time to be around me for a little bit so I could see that much. Since you’re not usually that close to everyone, no one else could see it.” I stated and looked forward at the wall across the bed as I ran my hand through my hair.

“I expected that.” He simply said while looking at the ground. My eyes shifted from the wall across from me to behind Edward. Peter was still there. I think I stared a little too long because Edward tilted his head at me before turning around to look at what I was staring at. I looked down at my hand before he could turn to look at me.

“What are you thinking?” I asked and looked up at him. He looked a bit surprised that I asked. “I can’t read minds.” I reminded quietly and pulled one of my legs closer. He scoffed making me look down again. Then I saw he’s shadow on the bed making me look back up to see he was now next to the bed. I didn’t even hear him move. But he is a vampire, so...

“I’m thinking...” He trailed off while looking around the room, “of all the ways we’ve been drawn together, of the things that we’re said, done and thought... to bring us to this moment.” He said and looked back at me standing as still as a statue. “It makes absolutely no sense to me.”

I nodded. I felt the same way. Our actions don’t match the result of what was going on here. It was like no matter what we did, the outcome would have led us to this no matter what. “I agree.” I muttered and licked over my lips in thought. Then I looked over Edward’s shoulder. I thought I did it unnoticeably but obviously not, since Edward looked over his shoulder as well. He didn’t say anything at first but he finally looked back at me and tilted his head again.

“What is it?” He asked. I shook my head and looked down. “Alex, this isn’t going to work if you don’t--” He stopped and started up again. “I let you in, now it’s your turn.” He stated lowly. I sighed and looked at everything but Edward.

“I don’t want you to say I’m crazy like everyone else.”

“You didn’t call me crazy when I told you I was a vampire. Why would I do the same.” He softly said. “I would never say that to you, Alex.” I took a moment to go over his words before finally letting it out.

“I see things and...no matter how hard I try, it never goes away.” I said shamefully, “At least not completely.” I added.

“See what, exactly?”

“...Peter...” I hesitated. I felt the bed dip and I looked up from my hands to come face to face with Edward. It was silent for a long second before he spoke up in a soft and sound like caring tone, totally surprising.

“Is he in the room?” He asked. I was surprised that he asked as if it was actually real, like the answer I was going to give he would magically make him see what I see and he was prepared for it. Maybe it might work and he will see him. Then I won’t be as insane as I feel. Its possible, right? I mean, if there’s vampires walking around, there should be magic around as well. So I nodded. He, once again, looked over his shoulder just as I did and I dropped my head back. He wasn’t there.

“Stop.” I muttered weakly making Edward look at me. “He’s not there.” I sighed and got off the bed and ran my hands through my ridiculously wavy hair, only to scratch at my scalp.

“Alex, it’s alright.” Edward said standing up to aid me in my frustrated mood.

“No. No, its not, Edward.” I said stepping in place because I had no where to go. “He’s here, then he’s not here. The voices, the nightmares, I-I’m just so shook up all the time, there’s a grave basically across the room from me and it never stops. It never stops!” I groaned. “and the only thing I want is my sanity and my brother back.” My voice cracked.

Edward just stood there, a careful distance away from me. “I’m sorry. I wish there was something I could do to help.” He said calmly. “ The only thing I can do, that part me doesn’t want because of what I am, but I want more then anything because of...unexplainable reasons...is give you my friendship.” I looked up at him with a confused look on my face. He’s said before that he doesn’t get close to humans because of him being a vampire, because of the danger and easy accidents that could happen. He strictly made it clear it was against every rule he had set for himself and the line between himself and humans. Yet, here he was, braking his own rules and morals by offering friendship to human...just for me.

“Edward, I...” I trailed off and shifted my eyes to, finally, look him in the eyes before replying with a quiet: “Okay.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long. I'm doing so much stuff it crazy. But since summer is here. Everything will go alot faster :)