Ever Try to Reach Something, but It's Someone Else's Dream?

Today Is Different...Today Is Not The Same

It was lunch and classes had passed by in a blur, popular kids glared at me nerds were scared of me and kids who were just like me smiled and gave me a nod as I passed by. I walked into the cafeteria and Saw Clarissa watching the door her expression brightened when she seen me and I didn’t even want to think what she had in store for me. I walked into the line and waited with my rucksack pulled over my shoulder for the line to move so I could grab a slice of pizza and some chips to eat. The din noise of the cafeteria was offensive to my ears with its mix of high pitched laughter and deep guffaws, chairs screeching against the tiled floors and the din of conversation each person shouting over the other in a battle to be heard above the noise. I was grabbing my slice of pizza and tray of chips when I heard it and I knew it wouldn’t end well.

“Hey Emo Chick!” I turned and there standing in front of me was Clarissa’s Jock of a boyfriend. I shot him a glare and side stepped him and started to walk away from him. The Jocks did this a lot. They made fun of me in front of Clarissa thinking it would amuse her. She pretended that it did but in reality at home it upset her and she would beg me to drop our façade. I carried on walking when someone stuck out their foot and I fell my pizza and chips hitting the floor and I just managed to tuck in and roll a little to avoid my face connecting with the floor to. I heard five chairs hit the floor and knew it was my friends getting ready to defend me but I got up and shot them a look and the stood waiting.

I could hear cheerleaders and Jocks sniggering while a hush descended over the rest of the student body. “Think your funny huh?!” I yelled turning to look at the Jocks and cheer leaders. I turned to Clarissa’s boyfriend and glared at him. My eyes were ice cold and I could feel anger pumping inside of me. Normally I would let it slide but I had enough.

“Yeah actually we do,” He scoffed walking towards me until there was only an inch between us. I stood and let him tower over me I knew he wouldn’t be towering for long. “You see scum like you don’t belong here. You think because Clarissa is your cousin we’ll give you an easy time but we won’t you’re a freak you don’t belong here.” He hissed at me a sneer on his ugly face. I could feel my bloody boil and I turned to look at Clarissa.

“Yeah well there’s one thing I have that Clarissa never will. I’m not a cheap whore who puts out just to keep my popularity. I have dignity and do you know what else I pity her she doesn’t see what I see. I’ve seen you and Heather sneaking around.” I hissed back my fists clenched and my backpack lying on the floor somewhere in all the mess. I felt a hand collide with my face as it snapped to the side and I spat blood out onto the floor. I spun around and punched him in the nose and brought my knee up to his groin. “And now I know where she gets those bruises from to. You’re an ass and if you lay a hand on me or her again you won’t fucking live understand me? I’ll make your life hell,” I spat at him before punching him again. Tom was now by my side his jaw clenched and my rucksack in his hand.

“Tom leave it he isn’t even worth it none of them are,” I spat before giving my sister a withering look. She could have stopped this she could have kept him under control but she loved her power to much she didn’t want to be branded a freak and I hated her for it. I took my bag from Tom and walked out of the cafeteria through the school and to my car. I had my friends hot on my tail and they all climbed into the hummer. I started the car and drove out of the lot in a hurry.

“Where are we going?” Thalia asked confusion etched on her face. I looked at her and the rest of the guys through my rear view mirror. I took a deep breath and carried on driving I could feel the tension rising they hated not knowing what was going on but I knew it was time that they knew who I really was how me and Clarissa were really related.

“Damn it Ori where the fuck are we going!” Tom yelled his voice booming in side of my car his fist hitting the dash board. His voice made the others flinch but it was his punching the dash that scared me. Tom never lost his cool no matter what he never lost his cool. This was so serious and I knew it.

“There is something you guys don’t know about me and Clarissa something you’re all going to hate me for and I’ll understand if you don’t want to be my friend after this. But you have to know its about time I told you its been a secret for to long and I’m finally sick of it,” I growled out as I stopped the car outside of my house and we all climbed out. I knew they weren’t going to like it and not only would it ruin my friendship I had with them it would ruin Clarissa’s social status and that was my main goal. After all Michelle and Thalia were and always would be the two biggest gossips in the school.

“Clarissa and me aren’t cousins,” I sighed as we walked up to the front door. I turned to look at them all and they stared at me like I had just spouted another head. I waited for some sort of reply and Michelle never failed to disappoint me.

“That’s preposterous your both down on the school roster as being cousins,” She said and I could see the bewilderment on all of their faces. I waited for what I need, I needed them to question it. I was hoping Michelle or Thalia would be the one but to my surprise it was Tom.

“If your not cousins then what are you?” He said his voice rough with anger and confusion. I waited tears in my eyes, I took a deep breath and looked at all of my friends. I let out a breath I hadn’t realised I would be holding and prepared myself.

“Clarissa and me we aren’t cousins we’re sisters. And not just any sisters…we’re twins. We’ve been lying about it since we moved here from Dallas because we both got such a hard time for it down there we didn’t want it to be the same here,” I said and I could feel my heart breaking already knowing that they would never want to be around me. I knew in my head that today was different to every other day now. Today was never going to be the same ever again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I like this chapter a lot.