You Can Have the Best of Me

One

You might as well leave
You might as well let me know now
You might as well go, go, go
I never wanna see your face ‘round here anymore


I heard the crowd singing along like crazy as I bang the drums.

I was already sweating in the middle of the show. Well of course I was sweating, I had to play drums; it’s a very exhausting thing to do in a hot place like this.

But at least the fans were happy. They looked really restless.

Breakdown was over, Jonathan and Caleb talked about something to the audience.

While they were talking I took a few glances backstage.

Sierra wasn’t there. Where could she be? Why wasn’t she watching us?

I tried to forget about her and just continued playing because Jonathan and Caleb were finished talking to the audience.

We played a few more songs until the last one of the day. Why did that show felt longer than usual?

--

We were finally finished with the show and I rushed backstage and looked everywhere for Sierra.

Well not exactly everywhere, just around backstage.

I asked all the people I saw as I rushed to find her, but they didn’t saw her at all.

Then I ran outside and bumped someone.

“Oh sorry I was in a hur-“ I said as I rubbed my chest. People were right, I was overly-tall. Even the person I bumped into bumped their head into my chest, not my head. “There you are!”

It turned out that I bumped into Sierra.

“Whoa, what’s with the rush, Kyle?”

“Oh I don’t know.”

“Umm, okay…”

I didn’t answer her because I didn’t know what to answer, and there was an awkward silence.

“Where were you earlier?!” I finally blurted out, kind of pissed at her.

“I was busy at the merch tent, of course, I always am.”

“…So you never watch our shows? And just stay at that tent?”

“No, just since like, a few days ago. People are going crazy for your merch. Why are you so worried?”

“I don’t know.”

“What do you know, Kyle?” She laughed. I then laughed too.

That’s how I act when I’m around Sierra Kusterbeck.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story. Actually this chapter is Bunga's, but she went to bed when I want to tell her to post this, so I posted this. Bunga will be writing in Kyle's POV and I'll be writing in Sierra's. This should be fun.

Tell us whatcha think :D

Oh, note: In this story, Sierra is not in VersaEmerge. Yeah, shocker. But it'll be easier for us to do without the band. Sorry guys!