You Can Have the Best of Me

Two

I dropped myself into the nearest chair, exhausted of the people who were crazy for FTSK’s merch. Screaming, I jumped a little when I felt something cold touched my cheek.

“Geez, Sierra,” the person laughed. I turned my attention to my left, and there he stood. He had his cute smile plastered across his face. The smile that always gave me butterflies in the stomach.

“Thanks, Joel,” I thanked him when he gave me a bottle of cold water and then he sat next to me. “I thought you’re performing.”

He shrugged. “My set’s delayed. Half an hour more.”

“Oh.”

Stupid heart, stop beating so hard! He’s gonna hear you! I scolded myself in my mind. Whenever I was around Joel Tock, I always felt my stomach filled up with billions of butterflies and my heart pounded so hard like it was going to pop out of my chest. Even sometimes, I could feel my head was spinning.

Especially when he threw me his smile that always melted my heart.

And then I suddenly remembered something, and jumped out of my seat.

“What is it?” he asked.

“Gotta meet someone, see you later!” I said and went off toward FTSK’s stage.

I was about to enter the backstage when I ran into someone. I rubbed my head, but he rubbed his chest, despite his uber tallness.

“There you are!” he said.

“Whoa, what’s with the rush, Kyle?” I giggled. I did remember that I promised him to watch his band’s set, but my busyness back at the merch tent made me forgot about it.

“Oh, I don’t know.”

“Um, okay…”

It was silent after that. We both didn’t know what to say.

Turned out, he was the one who broke the silence.

“Where were you earlier?!” he blurted out. The tone he used made him sounded sort of pissed at me.

I shrugged. “I was busy at the merch tent, of course, I always am,” I answered, as if it was obvious. Well, it was obvious; I was their merch girl. Stupid Kyle.

“…So you never watch our sets? And just stay at that tent?”

“No, just since like, a few days ago. People are going crazy for your merch. Why are you so worried?”

“I don’t know.”

“What do you know, Kyle?” I laughed and he joined me laughing.

And then we heard his stomach growled.

Loudly.

“I’m hungry,” he whined.

I rolled my eyes. “You think I didn’t hear that skinny monster screamed for food?” I pointed his stomach.

He laughed. “Come on, let’s eat.”

He held my arm and was about to drag me along with him when I said, “I’m not hungry.”

“Well, accompany me eating.”

And then he dragged me to the tent that provided foods. I watched him eating twice as much as he usually did.

I always hated the fact that he was frickin’ skinny but he ate everything in large portions, while I had to be aware of what I was eating so I wouldn’t be fat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay.