You Can Have the Best of Me

Four

:I stepped on to the skateboard as Kyle held both of my hands, and I was holding his hands too, firmly gripping on it.

“Are you balanced now?” he asked.

“It’s freaking moving, Kyle, don’t let go your hands yet.”

“Now?”

I nodded. He let go one of my hands and then my foot stepped on the concrete and pushed. The skateboard skated slowly while Kyle still holding my hand.

Hey, this is fun!

I pushed once more, and again, and again… And I didn’t even notice that I left Kyle behind.

Kyle caught up with me with his skateboard, laughing. I was using Austin’s skateboard.

“You don’t need to leave me behind,” he said next to me.

“Well I’m sorry, I just find this really fun.”

“Oh, yeah?” he said as he turned left to where our bus was.

But I kept on going forward.

“Kyle, tell me how to turn,” I said.

He laughed and skated back to me.

At some point, I suddenly lost my balance and we were having a total cliché moment. You know, when you fell while grabbing another person’s arm and you both fell down, with the other person on top of you? Yeah.

Our skateboards skated away while his blue eyes focused on my green ones.

I couldn’t hold it anymore. The feeling.

It.

Hurt.

“Owww,” I winced as I sat up, pushing Kyle off of me while holding my head. Falling down onto concrete wasn’t the best thing to do, even when you didn’t plan it out earlier.

“What are you guys doing?”

We both looked up and saw Jonathan and Caleb towering over us.

Kyle stood up while brushing imaginary dirt from his knee. “I was teaching Sierra how to skate a skateboard and we fell down.”

Caleb gasped. “Sierra, your elbow is bruised!”

I took a look on my elbow and saw that it was red. Scratch that – it was basically bleeding. Ouch.

“Oh god, let’s go back to the bus,” Kyle hold out a hand to me. I took it and tried to stand up, but I couldn’t; my foot hurt.

“What’s wrong?” he asked concernedly.

“My foot hurts.”

“Can you stand?” Jonathan asked and I shook my head.

Kyle turned around and kneeled with his back on me. “Get on my back, I’ll give you a piggyback ride to the bus,” he said.

“YAY!” I squealed. But seeing that I couldn’t stand up and it was sort of hurt for me to crawl, I was basically dragging myself on the ground. When I finally reached him (he wasn’t that far from me but the pain I had made me think so), I wrapped my arms around his neck and he stood up, holding my legs.

We were heading toward our bus when I suddenly heard someone shouted, “PIGGYBACK RIDE!!”

We turned our heads to our back and saw Jack Barakat running towards us. I swore he looked like a maniac. I had a bad feeling…

My eyes bulged wide.

“RUN, KYLE!!” I shouted next to Kyle’s ear. Kyle jumped and ran away from Jack. Usually when Jack saw people having piggyback rides, he would jump on the second person’s back out of nowhere, making the three fell down. And I didn’t want that to happen to us.

So Kyle was running as fast as he could to get to our bus, to get away from Jack.

We finally got into the bus, but that didn’t stop Jack from chasing us. Jack jumped on my back, causing the three of us fell down.

“Oops,” Jack giggled as he got off from me and sat next to Kent who had his Macbook on his lap.

I took off one of my shoes and threw it at him while saying, “Jack, you idiotic, hyperactive piggybacks maniac!”

“Oww,” he said, rubbing his arm where got hit by my shoe.

“Sierra… get… off.”

I realized I had been sitting on Kyle’s skinny body the whole time, so I got off of him. “Sorry, Kyle,” I grinned sheepishly.

“It’s okay, now let’s get your bruises fixed,” he said as he took my arm and put it around his neck and we both got up with arm around my waist to support me walking.
♠ ♠ ♠
The story is during Warped :)