Love In A Single Heartbeat.

Chapter 5

My head is spinning again and I began coughing. Then, little did I know that blood started coming out when I coughed and the next thing I saw was darkness again.

AT THE CLINIC …

The doctor had just check on Autumn.

“We can’t do anything here. Hurry and transfer her to a bigger hospital in town.” Said the doctor walking away.

“Autumn, I don’t think we can make it. Let’s go back.” Sky said to her.

“If I return like this, I may really die.” I said. “I really wanna see my tree. I think I could live longer if I did.”

“Autumn …” Sky was speechless. “Okay. Let’s go.”

He took her on his back again and they started on their journey.

“Hey Sky, I was wondering.” I said.

“Yea?”

“I wanna take pictures so we can always remember each other.” I said pointing to a photo booth.

“Okay. Let’s go.”
We went inside the booth and took some pictures.

“This ones really funny. I think I’ll keep it. Can I?” Sky asked.

“Yea, sure.”

“Autumn, look.” Sky pointed to the hill with a large tree at the middle. I smiled. Knowing that were getting closer.

He carried me and we both sat under the tree.

“Wow. It got really big. It’s even way taller than me.” I said looking up.

“Next year, It’ll be even bigger.” Sky said. “Let’s come back next year, alright? Promise me”

“Okay.” I said as we pinky sweared.

“Are you cold?” He hugged me.

“No, it’s warm already. Thank you.” I leaned on his shoulder.

“Autumn … Can I plant my own tree right here next to your tree?” He asked.

“Right here?”

“Yes. Trees never move and are always in the same spot. So if I want to stay here right next to you, I have to plant my tree right here. That way, I can stay by your side forever.”

I could listen to his trembling voice and I feel like his eyes are tearing up. I got weaker and weaker by the second.
Now I felt this sparkle building in my stomach. I
’ve finally realized that he really cares about me and that he loved me dearly.
My eye lids are getting heavier and heavier. I just couldn’t hold it anymore.

“Sky … I love you.” I breathed my last breath before I could even hear his reply. And in my dreams, I had a feeling that it was “I love you, too.”