Love In A Single Heartbeat.

Chapter 4

After 2 hours, Sky went inside Autumn’s room and he sadly looked at his dearest Autumn while she sleeps.

She finally woke up.

“I don’t wanna show myself like this.” Autumn said, looking away.

“There’s nothing wrong with it. You’ll get better soon anyways.” Sky smiled while taking out his iPod. “They said in about two weeks, you’ll be fine. Ah! I brought you this so you wouldn’t get bored.”

“I can’t listen to iPods.” Autumn hesitated.

“It’s my favorite song lately. I really wanted you to hear it.” He said but then placed his iPod back. “Listen carefully. It’s called ‘Before The Storm’”

Sky then started singing the song and tears started flowing from Autumn’s eyes.

A MONTH LATER …

“Man! It’s autumn already!” Sky smiled. “Autumn, is there a certain place where you’d like to go to?”

“There is, but remember, I can’t go.” I said.

“What do you mean you can’t go? Where is it? Tell me. I’ll bring a private jet and take you wherever you want to go to.” Sky insisted.

“Well, in my hometown. There’s a hill with a tree. It’s the tree my dad planted the day I was born. I want to go there and see how big it has gotten. Before I die.” I said.

“Hey! Why would you die?” Sky asked. “If you say that one more time, I’m just going to kiss you.”

I just stayed there and smiled at his hilarious self.

“In any case, don’t worry. I promise to take you there.” He smiled.

Later at night, he snuck into my room and told me that we’re going to go now. I didn’t expect this. He was so full of surprises. I thanked him. There was so much sweetness in his eyes and I could tell that he truly cared about me more than anything else.

We went to the nearest bus stop and took a bus. As soon as we both sat, I leaned onto his shoulder.

“I want to hear that song.” I said.

“Really? Hold on.” He said and he gently placed the iPods earphones.

I fell asleep in the middle of the song.

TIME FLIES BY …

“Hey Autumn .. We’ve arrived at the bus stop. Wake up.” Sky gently woke me up.

“Huh? Oh. Okay.”

We departed the bus and he suddenly took me onto his back.

“Sky, what are you doing? I can walk by myself.” I said.

“No. It’s okay. I don’t want you to get tired.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, of course.”

He had been carrying me for quite a long distance. I felt really bad for him.

“Aren’t I heavy?” I asked.

“No. You’re so light. You need to gain some weight. I’m going to feed you ribs, pork and even dog soup.”

“I can’t eat dog soup.”

“Fine. Then I’ll eat it and get strong. So I can piggy back you everyday”

“What if I get so fat and you can’t carry me?”

“Well, then I can get just as fat and we can roll around together.”

“What the heck.” We then both laughed at his silliness.