Status: Started Up Again

Fate Has a Weird Way of Working Things Out

Columbus, Babyy.

The next few hours, days and weeks went by quickly...too quickly. Soon, I found myself on my way to the Blue Jacket's rookie camp.

"Please put on your seatbelts. The plane will be landing shortly." A lady's voice over the intercom broke me out of my thoughts. I let out a deep sigh and put on my seatbelt.

The flight was good, as far as flights go. I wasn’t really one for flying, but I’d get used to it soon enough.

A few minutes later, just as we were informed, the plane landed. I followed the rest of the passengers into the airport. Re-tracing my footsteps from flights before, I walked over and picked up my black suitcase and set it on the floor. I pushed my green carry-on up my shoulder, grabbed the handle of my suitcase and walked out of the airport. A cab was sitting near the door so I walked up to it. The driver rolled down the window.

“Could I have a drive to...that,” I paused to point out the hotel on the info card I was give, “hotel please?” He nodded, and I got in.

The hotel was fairly close to the airport. It only took us a few minutes to get there. I pulled out my money and paid the driver.

“Thanks.” I smiled, stepped out of the vehicle and headed towards the front doors of the hotel.

I walked up to the desk. I guess the lady recognized me as she didn’t ask my name.

“Here you go honey,” She smiled. “You’re in room 917.” She handed me my room card.
“Thanks!” I smiled and walked over to the elevator a few steps away. I pressed the “up” arrow and the door opened. I stepped onto it and just as the doors were closing a body ran forward. I quickly pressed the “doors open” button the left of me, and the doors began to re-open. A body who seemed fairly familiar and rushed, made his way onto the elevator.

He shot me a smile as he caught his breath. When the doors closed again, he did a double take. “Kate Ross?” His easily noticeable accent spoke.
Then it clicked in as I nodded, “Nikita Filatov?”
He gave me a big grin, “Yes.”
I have him a smile, “What floor?”
“Nine.”
I looked over at him again as I pressed the number nine, “Me too.”
“Oh cool! What room number?”
I pulled out my envelope with the room number on it, “917. You?”
“918! We’re beside each other!” I let out a silent laugh at his visible excitement.

The elevator dinged informing us we had already made it to our floor. We both took turns in exiting and headed over to our rooms.

“See you around Nikita.”
“Bye Kate,” He smiled over at me, opening the door to his room.

I waved as I opened my own room door. I walked in and set my bags down. Before I knew it my body collapsed on the bed. I sprawled out and set my head on one of the overly fluffy pillows. I grabbed another one and hugged it close to my body. I was not used to having a hotel room to myself, but I really could get used to the quiet.

On cue though, my cell phone rang out. I groaned and rolled over so I could retrieve it out of my jeans’ pocket. Clicking the “on” button, I sighed.

“What do’ya want?” I asked.
“Well hello to you too Katie.” A voice on the other line spoke. A chorus of “Hi Kate!” Rang out as well.
“Hello boys,” I laughed. “Who’s all there? And where are you guys at?”
“Just the normal,” A voice I recognized as Cam’s spoke. “Eh, Toews, Jason, Crosby, Doughty, Staaly, Carey, you know. And we’re over at Drew’s place for a few days.”
“You’ve gotta be kidding me; Drew you don’t have to be at camp yet. Jerk.”
“Ha, ha, ha. I get to relax still. Suck it.” I rolled my eyes.
“Anyways,” I laughed, “Getting in much trouble you guys?”
Carey chirpped in, “Not too much!”
“So have you met anybody yet, Kate?” Eric asked me.
I shook my head despite the fact that they couldn’t see me. “I’ve only been here for a total of like ten minutes. But actually, yeah, Nikita Filatov.”
“Kate,” Jonathon Toew’s serous voice kicked in, “Russian’s can be pretty charmi- oof.” There was a paused where I could hear a little scuffle take place, “Crosby! I’m sorry I’m just being a concerned friend!”
“Well guys, I better be going...” I spoke, “I’m planning on a having a little nap before I have to go to dinner. Bye boys, try and stay out of trouble.”
There were a few laughs, but a loud response of “Bye Kate!”

I hung up and shoved my phone back into my right pocket.

I resumed my previous position of lying down. Quickly, I drifted to sleep.

When I woke up, I was fully rested. I turned my head to look at the digital clock on the nightstand.

7:30

Wait! 7:30!? I was supposed to be down for dinner right now!

I jumped out of bed and ran to get ready. I grabbed the sparkly green dress I had already picked out to wear; pulled it over my head and slipped it on. I straightened it out in the mirror, and ran into the bathroom. I combed through my wavy hair and left it down. I then slid on my shoes. After closing –or rather slamming- the door I ran onto the awaiting elevator then pressed the button for the first floor. I got off and hurried into the doorway of the hotel’s restaurant.

“Excuse me, I’m with the Blue Jackets...” I spoke to a man at the door.
“Right over here ma’am.”

He walked me over to a separate dining hall. I thanked him and walked over to Scott Howson; the GM.

“Oh Miss Ross, it’s nice of you to join us!” I nodded slightly and blushed. This was not a good first impression. Glancing up at the clock I noticed I was only fifteen minutes late. I guess it wasn’t too bad. It didn’t even look like anyone had ordered yet. “You can sit down right there.” He nodded over to an empty chair between two guys I didn’t recognize.
“Okay, thanks.” I smiled and walked over to the empty chair.

I sat down and the table grew quiet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow guys, it's been awhile again.
Thanks for the comments, (L)
Keep on telling me what you're thinking, :]