It's up to Me to Make You Bleed

The Fight

Sleeping seemed to be harder to come across than I would’ve thought. Maybe that’s what happens when you watch people be murdered for real. Bloody images continued to flash in my head, so much so that I started imagining people I knew in the roles of the victim and killer.

Since lately Brian and Matt have showed an interest in Courtney, my mind gave them each a scenario where they could do as they pleased with her. Courtney’s screams filled my ears as the images of her dying over and over again plagued my closed eyelids, like a movie you can never stop.

I jolted awake in my bed and saw stacks of cash lined up in my room. I took a closer look at the stack closest to me and saw that there was blood drops scattered across the hundred dollar bills. I blinked again and saw my room return to its normal setting. Talk about a weird imagination.

Why would there be bloody stacks of money in my room? Unless… That must’ve been a vision of the future! I was destined to find that tape to create my own personal inspiration. We can make a tape even better than “A Collection of Death.” If we do that, we’d become over night millionaires.

A smile crept across my face as thousands of ideas and scenarios played into my mind. I couldn’t wait to tell the guys the plan.

Moments after waking up, Julianne called us all down for dinner. She sat across from me at the table, and I really hated to admit it, but some sick thoughts were crawling into my mind. What if we did some sort of mother/daughter film? That’s pure genius.

“So,” Courtney said, chomping on her pancakes, “either you guys invited some girls over last night, or you three screaming ridiculously.”

Julianne and my dad started laughing, and focused in on our conversation. Matt and Brian exchanged a glance. Just looking at them, I could tell that they hadn’t gotten any sleep last night…too haunted from the video.

“We…were just watching a scary movie,” I shrugged.

Courtney snorted, “You guys are a bunch of pansies.”

“Hey, it was a really scary movie. Maybe if you had seen it, you’d have screamed too,” Brian defended.

She rolled her eyes, “Sure, Haner. You should know scary movies are just a waste of my time.”

The topic changed shortly after, and Courtney decided to rinse off her plate and return to her room. All I have to say is that she won’t be able to maintain her “nothing can scare me” record much longer.

*Normal POV*

As I closed the door to my room, my mind began to wonder what they could have been watching that would be so scary. I’ve never seen or heard them be so shaken up like that. Oh, well whatever it was, it’s probably still in the VCR so I can check it out later.

I opened up my laptop and began to watch videos on youtube. One of the newest bands that have really caught my attention is William Control, Aiden’s front man’s side project. It was so addicting, I just couldn’t stop listening to it. Just as I was in the middle of singing along to “Strangers,” Brian walked into my room and tackled me from behind. We ended up landing on my bed, with him on top.

“Well isn’t this a nice surprise,” I laughed.

“Of course, I mean it is me we’re talking about. And anyway, I need some company…last night was a rough night. I couldn’t get to sleep,” he replied, turning solemn in a matter of seconds.

This was my chance, in multiple ways. “Brian,” I said leaning forward and holding onto his hand, “what did you watch last night?”

“I…I don’t know. It was some video that Jimmy found back in the caves. I just couldn’t get the blood and the screams out of my head…,” he said, and I could’ve sworn I saw him tremble a little.

“What was it called?”

“A Collection of Death.”

“That’s weird, I’ve never even heard of it.”

“Trust me,” he said staring me right in the eye, “it was no mainstream movie.” His seriousness was really starting to creep me out.

“Is it still in the VCR? I want to watch it and see for myself.”

“No,” he said sternly. “Trust me, Court, it’s something you don’t ever want to have to see.”

“Okay…I think you need to get some fresh air, Bri. I’ve got some shit to do on the computer. But when I’m done how about we go outside and shoot some hoops or something?” I suggested.

He nodded, “Sure, I’ll see you then.” He turned and left the room, slamming the door shut behind him.

Geez, I’ve never seen him so shaken up. I hope he’s alright.

*Matt’s POV*

I don’t think I’ll ever understand it, but Mrs. Sullivan’s coffee always just goes right through me. I had to run up to the bathroom practically as soon as I was done eating. As I was leaving the bathroom, I saw something I didn’t expect to see: Brian leaving Courtney’s room with what looked like a small smile on his face.

Oh hell no, I know he’s not trying to make a move on her before I do. He was coming in my direction, so I purposely ran into him, shoving my elbow into his side. “Hey, watch it, dude,” Brian complained.

“Oh, I’d say I was sorry but that would be a lie. What the hell do you think you’re doing coming out of Courtney’s room all smiley like that?”

He gave me a weird look. “I went in there to take my mind off that fucked up movie from last night. She said we should get outside and play basketball, so I felt a little relieved.”

I scoffed, “I bet you did feel relieved after she sucked you off.”

“What the hell, dude? I didn’t do any of that in there. Seriously, I was there like five minutes.”

“Whatever,” I rolled my eyes, “why don’t you and I take this out to the basketball court and warm-up.”

“Ok…,” he replied as he hesitantly followed me down the stairs.

Once we made it to the slab of concrete in the backyard, more commonly used as our make-shift basketball court. Without wasting any more of my time, I slammed my fist into Brian’s face, knocking him back a few steps. He used his wrist to wipe away the blood dripping from his nose. “What the fuck?” he growled.

“Courtney is mine, ok Brian? I’m gonna make the first move on her.”

“For the last time, I wasn’t making a move on her earlier.”

“Yeah right. You want her as much as I do.”

He paused to think for a minute before smirking. “You’re almost right.” He swung his fist into my face, hitting the side of my head and breaking skin. “But I want her more than you do.”

An all-out brawl erupted between us, each fighting for the right to go after Courtney. The winner would be the only one allowed to do so. And I was damn well determined to make sure that that would be no one other than myself.

By now, both of us were beaten up kind of badly, I mean that was to be expected. We are the toughest members amongst our group of friends. I could hear someone running across the grass, but I ignored them. All I needed to focus on was beating the shit out of this backstabbing friend of mine.

But everything seemed to stop when the person from the grass stepped into the court and stood in between us. We were both about ready to swing, but we each had to stop in mid-air to avoid hitting Courtney.

“Stop,” she said looked between both of us, with a mixed look of disgust and sadness. “I’m not the kind of girl you can just fight over. Now here’s how we’re going to settle this. We’re going to play a one-on-one-on-one game of basketball. Whoever wins gets to go out with me.”

Brian and I shrugged in agreement and thus the game began. This was going to be easy. Both my sister and I are pros at basketball. They don’t stand a chance against a Sanders.

*Normal POV*

I grinned to myself as I dribbled the ball down the court where my two opponents were waiting. I knew that both of them were fairly athletic, but I bet they didn’t know that I’ve been playing both the game of love and basketball since grade school. Granted I took a break at both games when my dad walked out, but this was different. The old me was back and she was here to stay – and win.

Matt stepped forward first to block me. I dribbled the ball with one hand and used my free hand to momentarily explore his lower region. He moaned a little as I kept him distracted. I winked before totally leaving him hanging.

Next up was Brian. He was holding his arms out widely, as if that would make it hard for me to pass him up. I jumped up, and just as I predicted, his arms came up and caught me, giving me just enough height to make a basket.

Score: Brian: 0, Matt:0, Courtney: 2. And basically, that’s about how the rest of the game turned out. I won, as I knew I would, which meant they wouldn’t be able to fight or dispute about it anymore.

“Good game, guys,” I smiled as I gave each of them a hug before returning inside, not knowing that in doing so I was entering the same house of someone plotting the worst possible future designed just for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
in the next chapter: jimmy decides to be bold and suggest his plan to the guys, who think he's crazy at first. will he able to convince them to participate? and how will they be able to do all of this without getting caught?

5+ comments