Status: hiatus

What's This Feeling?

Chapter 10 : Strange Guy

“Ryuuzaki…” I rubbed my eyes, “ You’re still up?” I asked.

I went to sleep about 3 hours ago, and I woke up because I had a nightmare. Ryuuzaki was still up, he was still sitting on the couch in the same position I left him in.

“…Yeah. I’m just watching the parts I missed of Light and Matsu.” Ryuuzaki said.

“Oh yeah, sorry I made you miss it.” I said, taking a seat next to him. I grabbed a potato chip from the bowl on the table.

“It’s not your fault… listen… what is your relationship with the ‘Gin’ person? Because if you wanted to let him do.. What he wanted to do with you, you could have told me.” Ryuuzaki asked, though he kept his eyes on the screen. Ryuuzaki said it with such distaste, as if he could read his mind and know exactly what he was going to do.

He was teasing me! As if I’d want to be with a pervert guy like that, and besides Suzuki likes him. OH! Suzuki that reminds me, I should tell her what happened! Maybe tomorrow, I’ll call her.

“No! I do not like that guy! We‘re just… working together… like acquaintances.” I said.

“Good. You’ll get yourself hurt if you dated a guy like that.” Ryuuzaki said. He sounded like Light.

After that we didn’t talk much.

I felt really weird.. I sorta felt sick, and I sort of didn’t. Either way, I fainted. For no reason.

x

I woke up again, this time I hadn’t moved. But I was now leaning on Ryuuzaki. Ryuuzaki was asleep. And he was slightly leaning his head on mine. I was really close to him. I felt my face go hot.

I had this sudden urge to touch Ryuuzaki’s cheek. It was a weird urge… but for some reason his skin looked so soft and smooth… and a very yummy texture. Yummy?!

I took a deep breathe. I reached my arm out, poked my index finger out… I let my finger glide down his cheek slightly, not to touch to hard and wake him up. His skin was surprising cold. Really cold. The sensation of my fingers touching his skin was so weird and indifferent, I let my finger dawdle on his skin, just for a moment longer.

I even closed my eyes for a better experience.

I put my hand back down.

‘whoa! What the heck am I doing? This is crazy. Like really crazy… why do I want to keep touching him? Do I like him?’ I thought. This question stopped me. I took a long moment to think about it. Do I actually like him? How would I even know this, I’ve never been in love. Heck, I’ve never kissed or hugged a boy other than dad or Light.

I suddenly felt Ryuuzaki waking up, good thing I stopped touching his cheek. I decided to close my eyes, and pretend I was asleep.. I have no idea why… I just didn’t want him to know I was awake I guess. (I’ll just leave my eyes opened a crack, so I could still see.)

Ryuuzaki turned his head and looked at me. Then he did something strange. He put his arm around me. And my head placed itself on his chest.

I got scared, what if he could feel my heart, like how I could feel his beating, and he finds it abnormal that it’s pounding this much.
I tried to not breathe so much, or so loud for that matter.

I felt Ryuuzaki lift his thumb up to his lips and started nibbling.

L’S POV
After I moved my arm, I felt Rena’s head glide down, until it found a nice resting spot on my chest.

Normally, I wouldn’t want to be this close to a girl. Especially Rena. She’s so blunt, she’d probably find something else wrong with me, and make fun of me for it.

But, knowing she’s asleep, she can’t exactly feel (depending on how deep a sleep she’s in) what I’m doing, so there isn’t any pressure. Unless she wakes up abruptly and questions it, but I don’t want to think about that right now.

She’s so soft and warm compared to me. I could feel her heat from her body through my shirt.

Wait… why do I want to touch her? She is my friend and all… but I don’t usually like contact. Why is it different with her? Is it possible… that… I…?

BACK TO RENA’S POV
I guess it should be time I ‘woke up’.

I slowly moved my hands back to my body, and gradually sat up, I rubbed my eyes to demonstrate that I was actually asleep, when I wasn’t.
“Morning..” I mumbled.
I noticed Ryuuzaki carefully, not to create a distraction, moved his arm away from me, and onto the couch, “so, when did you wake up?” I asked.

“like a minute ago..” Ryuuzaki said.

“Are you still tired?” I asked.

Ryuuzaki moved his arm closer to his body, “I’m never really tired.” He said biting his nail.

“Oh.” I said, “ Would you mind if I laid on you?” I asked. I was kind of tired, and I wanted to touch Ryuuzaki more… Even though that sounds creepy. He’s just so cold and tender feeling.

Ryuuzaki somewhat blushed, his eyes widened, “Uhh…I guess..” He said. I guess I caught him off guard there.

I gently and calmly laid down on him again. I felt his body tense up, a whole lot. I closed my eyes and fell into a deep slumber.

x

I woke up and Ryuuzaki was awake as well, he was watching Light and Matsu. I looked at the time, it was 7:00A.M only.

Ryuuzaki didn’t move his eyes from the screen, “Good morning.” He said, eyes wide.

I giggled, “Light always told me that if I stared at the T.V that long, I’d get ‘T.V.’ eyes.” I said,” So…did you find any leads on who might be ‘Second Kira’?” I asked.

“Not really… But watching this has raised my suspicion of Light by two percent. It shows me he has a good way of ’controlling’ the situation.” Ryuuzaki said.

“Really? I always thought he was either really good with people or he was just too kind.” I said.

I started thinking about last night… I really liked being close to someone like that, (other than Light). I know! I think I want a boyfriend! That’s probably why I had that weird urge! I’m sure if I was as close as I was to another guy I’d have that weird urge!

“Oh, Ryuuzaki I think I should be getting home. I have to find someone who’ll take care of my Aiko..” I said. Instead of someone who will not be mentioned.

“Your cat? Well… I could take care of him for you.” Ryuuzaki offered, this time he looked at me.

“Really? Oh thank you so much!!” I said.

x

Watari drove me home, and he waited for me to go inside and get Aiko and his things.

I waved bye when he left.

“Hi I’m home!” I said, to anyone who was listening.

“Oh, hey Rena. Where were you?” Light asked, walking down the staircase to come welcome me.

Uh oh, should I tell him I was with Ryuuzaki? And what about that incident with Gin?

“Well… I… was with Ryuuzaki. I got ‘sick’ again, and it was out of nowhere.. Before that happened I went to work, and Gin… my co-worker was there, he’s also a guy from school, I don’t exactly know what he was going to do, but I had a feeling about his intentions..” I said.

Light looked at me open mouthed, “Oh, Rena” he said and hugged me tightly.
I hugged him back, and smiled. I have such a great brother. How could I have ever thought he was ‘Kira’?

I walked up to Light’s room with him, hand in hand.

“So Light-kun are you going to come to my choir’s ‘song fest.’?” I asked. It was coming up, only a few more days. Then I realized how nervous I’m going to be, being the lead singer and having a solo. Plus there’s a music producer who’s going to be there! Oh, the pressure!

“Of course. What time?” Light asked.

“I think around 7:00 or something, in a few more days.” I answered.

I plopped onto his bed. “Ugh.. I don’t know if I can ever go to work..” I started to say, but then my phone rang.

I answered, “Hello?”

“How could you! I can’t believe you tried to fling yourself onto Gin?! I thought we were friends! If you liked him you should have told me! I never knew you were like that !” I heard a girl’s voice say on the other line. It was Suzuki. (I finally remembered her name!)
“What!? I never flung myself onto him! I don’t like him! And we are friends! I’d never do anything like that to you! Besides, he was the one who flung himself onto me!” I said.

“So why would he lie to me? He even asked me out, he said he liked me. If he likes me, why would he fling himself onto you?” Suzuki asked.

“I don’t know! But all I do know is he lied and said I flung myself onto him when it was the other way around. If we are friends, why won’t you believe me?” I said. I can’t believe she won’t believe me! All this talk about friends, why won’t she believe me if we are friends?

“But why would Gin lie?” Suzuki asked, she seemed to be asking herself this question.

“To get you to be his girlfriend.. I don’t know, and besides for all we know he could’ve been drunk! He probably didn’t want me to tell what you he did because he likes you.” I said, “Well, either way bye.” I hung up.

“Who was that?” Light asked, he seemed to be half paying attention to me and half on his work.

“It was Suzuki, she likes Gin, the one who flung himself on me. She was kind of my friend. I guess not anymore.” I said.

“Oh.” Light said.

“So Light do you have a girlfriend? Are you still with that Takada girl?” I asked, dropping the subject.

“Oh.. Uh, well.. Yeah.” Light said, it was like he had to think about it.

“Light… do you think you’d get mad if I… had a boyfriend?” I asked.

“Why? Are you dating somebody?!” Light asked.

“No.. I just… kind of want a boyfriend though.” I said. He seemed pretty pissed. Then he calmed down.

“Oh… what’s with the sudden interest in boys?” Light asked, curiously.

“I don’t really know… I just…” My voice trailed off.

“Oh.. Well, you could always be my girlfriend.” Light said jokingly.

“Ha ha, very funny Light!” I said.
Light just laughed, “Well, sorry I can’t exactly help you out there.” He said.

“no, it’s okay. I wasn’t really asking for help.” I said.

I went downstairs to my room. I changed my clothes to my old middle school uniform. It was white and red and had a pink tie. It was a sailor uniform.

“bye Light” I said, as I walked out the front door.

I know it may be a risk, but I headed to OMKSP, my work.

Luckily I didn’t seen Gin thus far, “Hey Koji.” I greeted my boss.

“Hi Rena.” He said.

“Um.. Koji is… Gin here today?” I asked.

“No.. why?” He asked.

I told him what happened.

“Oh dear! I’m sorry Rena! I should have been here!” He said.

“It’s okay.. I just don’t exactly want to work when he’s working..” I said, “ So can you tell me the dates he’s not working, I’ll work those.” I said.

Koji handed me a schedule of the dates I’ll be working now. And a route/order.

“Thanks.” I walked to the back room and changed into my work outfit.

I headed for my next route.

x

After work.
“Thanks for the help Rena-Chan!” Koji said as I was on my way out.

“No prob,” I said.

x

When I was a block away from my house, I tripped. It was pretty dramatic too, if I do say so myself. I went flying forward, then flapped my arms in the air, as if I was a bird. Then finally, fell.

“Ouf!” I said.

My stomach was hurting and my chin.
When I got up, I felt my chin, I was bleeding. There was even a huge gash. “Ow!” I screamed. It hurt poking it.

A random, young looking guy came over to help me up.
“miss, you okay? Do you need to go to the hospital?” He asked. He had blonde hair, a baby-face and gorgeous blue eyes.

“I…I’m alright… I think…” I said holding my stomach.

“Miss, let me take you home.” He asked.

“No, no, I’m alright, I don’t live that far away from here anyways…” I said.

“Oh…okay, if you say so, but it would be no trouble, I’d carry on my back,” The guy said. His voice had a weird accent. It wasn’t English, but it wasn’t Chinese or Japanese… Or French for that matter. It sounded like… a German accent.

“No, really it’s okay, I’m not hurting anymore anyways.” I lied. I started walking towards my house, and luckily that guy didn’t follow me.

x

At home.

“Thanks Light for stitching me up.” I said, wincing at the pain. Damnit, why did it hurt so much?

“No problem Rena, is it still hurting?” Light asked noticing me wince.

“A little…” I said.

Light hugged me lightly to not hurt me, “Aw, my poor Rena.” He said.

“Onii-chan, I’m going to be alright.” I said. Aw, he’s so caring.

I got off the bathroom counter and went into my room.
Just as I shut my door, my cell rang.

“Hello?” I answered.

“it’s me Suzuki.” Suzuki said on the other line.

“…what do you want?” I asked.

“Well, I wanted you to know, that I sorta believe you, but I don’t to be friends anymore. Why would I want to be friends with someone who uses people?” Suzuki said. She sounded different, she didn’t sound all sweet and kind like she always did. She sounded… super evil, evil like a burning liquid going down your throat.

I don’t use people, maybe you do, but not me. I thought we really were kind of friends… But you were just using me to get to Gin, well I hope you’re happy being with a sick pervert!” I said then hung up. I can’t believe, two people already, who seemed nice, we’re actually horrible people. Wow, I have bad character judgement.

‘So, all this time, I was being used?’ I thought, ‘ I guess my only true friend is Ryuuzaki right now. It’s okay, I think I liked him better.’

x

The next day.

I got up fairly early, at 6:00 and walked to school. I had to practise again for the song fest.

I’m glad I’m in choir, I get to miss first period to practise. First period is gym today, and I do not want to see Suzuki or have to deal with her.

“Hey Kyo,” I said when I got in the club room.

Kyo was about 3 years older than me and he had jet-black hair, brown eyes and he was pretty built, but it hardly showed. He also had a secret tattoo on his arm. It was of a dragon. Even though he’s so bad-ass, he likes to sing, obviously not opera or anything but more… rock or alternative.

“Heya, you’re early.” Kyo said, setting the equipment up.

“Yeah, I don’t feel like I want to be around anyone right now…” I said, but realized I’m here, with him right now, “Uhh, not you, I just mean other people.” I added quickly.

He chuckled, “I figured.”

After about 5 minutes the rest of the club arrived, and we got straight to work practising.

x

After practising, I hopped away from the club and headed straight to my next class. History.

“Okay class, we have a new student today, his name is Jun. Jun please say a little bit about yourself to the class.” Our teacher, Kaiza said.

“Okay, hello there! I’m Jun Daichii, I am part German part Japanese.” He said cheerfully. He sounded familiar, in fact he looked familiar. He was… he was that guy from last night! The one who tried to help me get home!

“thank you Daichii-san. Please take a seat anywhere you want to sit.” Mr. Kaiza said.

Jun looked around the room looking for a familiar face I suppose. His eyes locked on mine, and he smirked. He headed up the aisles to where I sat, and took his seat next to me.

I could feel all the girls’ murderous glares on me. I guess they thought Jun was cute or something.

“Uhh, why are you sitting next to me?” I asked, emphasis on ‘me’.

“Well why not?” Jun said leaning on his arm and looking devilishly at me.

‘Oh gosh, class is going to be f-u-n.’ I thought. Is it so hard to just have a normal life? I wish I never was Suzuki’s ‘friend’ nor Gin’s and I wish this guy never sat next to me!

“because I don’t need someone to bother me in history.” I said. We were whispering so Mr. Kaiza wouldn’t hear us. Then again, everyone was talking anyways.

“Oh c’mon, I know you want to have some fun.” Jun said. He said ‘fun’ like someone would say ‘sex’. Ew, another pervert!

“I do not.” I stated.

Jun just chuckled. I’m going to start calling him ‘Blondie’ now, he’s so…Ugh.

“Is it because of your boyfriend?” Blondie asked mischievously.

“I do not have a boyfriend, and I do not want to have ‘fun’, especially with you.” I said.

Blondie didn’t take any offence to what I said.
He said, “ oh yeah, so be my girlfriend.”

‘Wow, does he understand what I’m saying at all?’ I thought. I know I wanted a boyfriend, but I don’t want one with a weirdo, and I don’t want to date someone who I barely even know!

“How about, no?” I said, this time I was looking at him, I turned and faced my attention to Mr. Kaiza.

“but why not?” Blondie asked me. He looked disappointed. Maybe I was too harsh.

“because, I don’t even know you.” I said.

“but, you want to know me?” He said smirking again.

Ugh, class is going to be fun. Not.

x

After class.
After Blondie was annoying me all through class, the bell finally rang. Now, time for lunch!

I rushed out of the class, staying clear away from Blondie. I ended up bashing into Ryuuzaki.

Ryuuzaki?!

“Ouch.” I said, rubbing my head, “Sorry, Ryuuzaki.” I said.

Ryuuzaki looked unharmed. He helped me up, “It’s alright.” He said.

“So… what are you doing here?” I ask him.

“I was going to see Light, and I wanted to know if you were alright, if your ‘sickness’ wasn’t harming you anymore.” Ryuuzaki said in his hippie-like tone of voice.

“Oh, well thanks for worrying about me! I’m okay!” I said cheery. I am so happy I’m actually having an intelligent conversation, rather than an annoying one with Blondie.

Out of nowhere, Light appeared. He was talking with Takada. When he saw us, he told her bye, and caught up with us.

“Yo, Ryuuzaki, Rena, what are you doing here?” He asked. He seemed awfully cheerful.

“I came to talk with you,” Ryuuzaki said.

“Sorry, Onii-chan, that this morning I left with out you… I had to get to school early for my choir meeting.” I said.

“It’s okay, I already knew it was for your club practise.” Light said.

Then a blonde mop of hair came out of nowhere and glomped me. It was, you guessed it, Jun AKA: Blondie.

“What the hell are you doing?!” I say to him with just the right amount of venom in my voice. This boy was pissing me off!

I hadn’t noticed it before, but Blondie is quite tall. He looks sweet and small, but in actual, he’s… abnormally tall. Then again, he’s a guy. Don’t they get those growth spurts?

Ryuuzaki and Light stared at me astonished. They were probably thinking, who’s this weird guy? And why is he all over Rena?

“Damnit Blondie! Get off of me!” I said, more angry now.

Blondie just chuckled, then he looked at Ryuuzaki and he went all serious.

“I don’t like that guy…” Blondie whispered in my ear so only I could hear him. He was referring to Ryuuzaki of course.

Blondie wrapped himself around my waist and was half lifting me off the ground and half squeezing me tightly.

“Damnit! I told you to put me down!” I said this time with all the venom in the whole world to kill this prey.

“Who’re your friends?” Blondie asked, ignoring me.

Ryuuzaki and Light were still too stunned to do anything.

“Blondie! Leave. Me. Alone!!” I yelled, kicking him in the stomach. If only it were the groin.

Blondie let go of me and held his stomach, “That hurt you know.” He said seductively.

“Just leave me alone! Why can’t you go away!” I exclaimed.

Blondie just smirked. He didn’t put his arms around me like before, but he stood next to me.

“So… Uhh, where do you want to go Ryuuga?” Light asked, trying to forget the scene he just witnessed.

Ryuuzaki’s looked bigger than normal, he put a finger to his mouth like he always does, “How about we go to this café I passed by before?” Ryuuzaki offered.

“Sure,” Light said.

But right before they were about to leave, another blonde mop of hair came running out of nowhere, and this time, glomped Light. He looked really stunned.

“Oh Light!! I came to see you because my photo shoot was near by!” The blonde girl said in an angelic voice. She had two half-pigtails on each side of her head, she was wearing a black long sleeved shirt with a black and red checkered dress over. She was none other than, Misa Amane, the actress/singer/model.

What was she doing here?
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally, my newest chapter! I really haven't been updating much... :\ but it's cuzz i get other story ideas and forget where I am in this one. srry
Anyways, plzz subscibe or comment! I want to know what you think of my story! :3