Sequel: Warrior Twilight 2

Warrior Twilight

I Blushed

The smell of banana bread was wafting from the oven: my sisters very favorite thing to make... and eat.
Her nose was in the fridge, both of her hands rummaging around for something. "Crap," she said, sounding a bit agitated. "We don't have any milk or butter left... grr..." She heaved out a sigh, and shrugged on a sweatshirt and some sweat pants, and then slunk out the door.

"Well, I need a shower and a nap," Jordan said after she had gone, and immediately shuffled lazily upstairs.
Me and Jacob looked at each other. "So," I said. "Wanna watch the football game?"

Since Lindsay was taking up the chair, we both sat on the couch together... not that we wouldn't have done that anyways.
The game was one of those very first games of the season that don't really mean anything, so neither of us where like, glued to the screen or anything.

"So, your sister seems pretty normal," Jacob said, making small talk.
"Oh no, she's not. She can shape-shift too."
"Then why doesn't she?
"Well," I said, giggling. "She fell in love with Jordan." I smiled up at him. "And anyways," I said more seriously. "She likes being human more... its really a matter of preference."

He nodded, halfway understanding.
I stared back at the TV screen.

After about 5 minutes, I noticed out of my peripherals that he wasn't looking at the TV anymore... he was looking at me. I gave him a sidelong glance... and their was that 'I'm in love with you' look again. My face got all red.

He raised his hand and gently slid his fingers across my cheek. I got shivers, despite the fact that his skin temperature was over the top. Almost out of reflex, I laid my hand on top of his and stared up into his eyes, ignoring the fact that my insides felt like they where turning to mush, with a mix of soda that was too fizzy. He cupped his hand to form to my face.

I breathed out, and it quivered a bit because of massive butterflies I was getting, but my lungs didn't get to even halfway empty before his warm, soft lips where on mine. I leaned back, gasping, but he quickly had me pinned down against the couch.

When he moved down to start on my neck, I somehow made out the word 'Jacob', and he snapped back off of me.
Both of us where trying to catch our breaths.

And then a look of alarm came on his face. "Oh crap, I'm sorry, did I hurt you?"
I looked at him weird, but shook my head no. "No but, jeez, would you at least try WARNING me next time?"
He looked at me and grinned. "So... there's gunna be a next time."

I blushed even redder than I surely already was.
And then out of nowhere, Brooklyn came tumbling through the door with a paper bag in her hands. She froze when she saw me and Jacob.

"Jacob. What did you do to her? Her face is all red. That NEVER happens."
This only made my face flush even more.

And then the oven timer rang and saved the day. Leopardshadow startled awake.
"Banana bread is ready!" Brooklyn yelled up to Jordan.
"Okay-ay" Jordan yelled back.

A few seconds later he came bounding down the stairs in a fresh pair of cloths, with his hair all wet... and surprisingly, i don't think it's sexy like I usually did... probably because of the immense sexy vibes coming off of Jacob, that where totally overpowering them.

Brooklyn pulled out the banana bread from the oven, and set it on the little pull out wooden board from the counter, and started cutting it into perfectly even pieces, and laid them all out on napkins. I grabbed one and smothered some butter on it. Jacob grabbed 2, and shoved both in his mouth. Lindsay came out of nowhere and snatched some of mine.

As we were all chewing our food, some of us more than others, the phone rang. Jordan quickly picked it up.
"Hello?"
There was a Loud, deep voice on the other side. Jordan pulled the phone farther away from his face to protect from ear damage.
"Brooklyn?" he asked, holding the phone towards her, still cringing a little bit.
She grabbed it from him.

"Hello?" She frowned, and gave the phone to me.
"Hello?"
"Hey, is this Jacklyn? What are you doing human?"

It was my dad.
"Yeah, nice to see you too," I say sarcastically. Formalities where never that big in our family.
"Well, I've got some bad news... You're grandpa George died."

Silence.

"Oh, yeah, *ahem* that's, um, too bad." I never really liked grandpa that much. "So, what, is there a funeral then?"
"Yeah, actually. It's... two days from now."
"Oh... okay, I'll be there."

He hung up.

"Hey Jacob, wanna make a road trip to Minnesota?"
He looked surprised for a second, but then grinned. "Sure!"

Brooklyn looked wide eyed at me. I give her a 'yeah, that's right. I can get a guy to waste gas money on me' look, and went on eating my banana bread.

"So, as you all heard, grandpa died... how long does it take to get to Minnesota from here?" I asked Brooklyn.
She looked at the ceiling to calculate, her lips moving as she did the math. "Um, well if you left in the morning... you'd have to stay somewhere for the night and then you'd get there the next day... like late-ish."

I thought about that, and then reached for the phone again. I dialed. "Hey dad, WHEN is the funeral."
"I told you. Two days from now."
"Yes, but WHEN?"
"... Oh, sorry. It's... at 9 o'clock in the morning."
I calculated. "Holy crap dad, could you have maybe told us about this a little bit SOONER??!?!?!"
"Well, he just died yesterday."
"... Okay then, we'll just have to truck it."
"Okay then, love ya, bye."

He hung up again.

"Well, did anybody have anything planned?"
Everybody looked around at everybody else, and either said 'no' or shook their head no.

Perfect ^^

"Come on Lindsay, lets go pack," I said, and skipped upstairs. Lindsay hastily obliged.
"Well, I'll be back." Jacob said, and then went out the door.

Brooklyn and Jordan just looked at each other. "Well, I've gotta go make sure those two don't steal all of my good shirts," she said, and escaped upstairs.
Jordan sipped at some coffee. "Crazy sister in law."
♠ ♠ ♠
yaaayyy!!!! omg its finally here! the GOOD chapter ^^ ... well, the rest of the chapters are good, sorry you guys had to suffer through the first 4, haha.
yay! omg, me and jacob kissed!!! awwww-uh!
next chapter!!! here we GO!