Status: I am writing as we speak. I've had writers block and struggled to refine the story for so long. I'm back though and a new chapter should be up by the end of the week

Pitch Black Heaven

Dirty Pasts And Dirty Girls

I woke with a start, my head resting on Zach's shoulder, he was asleep too. I blinked a few times waiting for my brain to kick start, then I very slowly took my head off his shoulder. I pulled my legs up onto the seat and hugged them to my chest, most people were still asleep seeing as we had taken a night flight. I watched Zach quietly, his chest moving up and down, his bright topaz eyes closed. I smiled to myself, he was so beautiful.

I could feel myself about to question my judgment on my feelings and such, I didn't want to question myself anymore. I had seen my dead father, my loving mother and as far as I was concerned I'd found my special someone. I blushed at this. Even though I still believed I had too much to loose I knew that I would eventually die sooner or later. Why not go down with nothing holding me back? I nodded to myself and went back to watching Zach's sleeping face.

"Why are you watching me sleep?" I jumped with surprise when Zach spoke, his lips barely moving and his eyes still closed.

I stammered for something to say, I bit my lip. "W-what?" reply with a question, always a good response.

He laughed lightly, his eyes popping open, the hazel orbs of beauty lighting up the room. "Don't play dumb, I know you were." He smirked until I sighed in defeat. He wrapped his arms around me as a stewardess came down the isle.

"Did you two need anything?" She asked in a low yet inviting voice. Zach looked to me and I shook my head. She walked off leaving us alone.

Zach pulled me into his chest, the back of my head resting on his shoulder. "How you holding up?" He wondered.

I shrugged, arching my head up to see his restful face. It reminded me this was a rare break for him, his whole life revolved around Liam's doom. It seemed like such a sad life to live. I wondered what it would have been if his parents hadn't died, if he hadn't moved to Michigan and if he hadn't knocked me over that night which seemed like light years away. It hurt to think about his absence in my life.

"I'm okay." I finally answered.

"Okay..."

"You don't believe me do you?" I snapped.

"No, I do... it's just that your so calm and easy going about this whole situation. You don't seemed frightened at the huge possibility of death." he explained, seeming truly curious.

I laughed timidly at the irony and looked away from his face, thinking. It was a moment before I could answer. "We all die eventually..." I mumbled softly still pondering on the thought. At my words he hugged me tighter, pulling me closer to his chest. There was an announcement from the pilot signaling we would be landing soon. Most woke from there sleep and a chorus of low murmurs filled the cabin. Scarlett woke and stretched from her seat, she then placed her chin on the back of her seat peering over it at me and Zach.

After a few seconds she grinned widely. "We're home." she beamed.

- ZACH'S POV -

We cruised the forest weaving roads in the silver car I had rented, it wasn't as fast and stunning like my sleek black Camero but it was good enough. The others had gone of in pairs to visit their own homes. I wanted to show Rhi mine. Rhiannon seemed timid in her seat, whether it was the speeds we were reaching or what we was about to face I didn't know.

"Am I going to fast for you?" I wondered in a teasing tone.

She gulped. "Yes, I never noticed how fast you drive before. But thats not all..." I saw her jaw relax when I slowed down slightly but she still seemed uptight.

"Whats making you so observant today?" I asked, watching her. Her eyes flickered around a while before they fixed with mine.

"Don't laugh." she pleaded, smiling shyly. I made my hand a fist and held it to my heart jokingly, she rolled her eyes smiling again. "Well..." She paused and looked to me once again. "I'm worried about what to expect... you know, what your going to show me." She confided blushing.

I stared at her for too long, her jaw tightened again. "Just be prepared."

"For what?" she seemed truly alarmed at my warning. I chuckled as the car skidded around a sharp corner making Rhiannon cling to the seat like a fly on a windscreen. I laughed louder when her cheeks flushed red with fury.

"Stop it!" She barked, folding her arms across her chest. "Eyes on the road Mr Unsafe..." she muttered something unintelligible. I didn't laugh this time, we were close now. I turned off the main road and onto a long narrow drive way going on and on. I remembered every detail. The front of the four story mansion had changed dramatically.

The once perfectly chopped hedges looked like huge untamed beasts, the beautiful rose bushes and patches of blossoming flowers were dead and Grey. The lawn was almost as hight as my legs and weeds shot up everywhere. The climbing plants no longer climbed, they jut out as if they were extra limbs on a living person.

"Wow..." I whispered to myself when the house finally came into view. It had remained abandoned all these years, not a soul had come back after my parent's death... other than me and Liam's cruel merciless gang.

Many windows were broken or chipped, I remembered the smashing of windows when Liam had thrown rocks in his anger when I made my escape. The once perfect butter scotch sand stone finish was now dull and brown, its glow had disappeared. The front doors, rammed down were are entrance to the horrors I'd left behind. Its charm was gone but my parents ghosts remained.

"Is this...?" Rhiannon looked me right in the eyes. I simply nodded, I didn't need her to finish the sentence. She was the first to get out, I followed her once I had composed my sheer fear of what I had left behind, of what my parents had left behind. I felt uncomfortable, this once beautiful mansion was one of my greatest weaknesses. Too many painful memories, I had told myself many times before. I didn't like feeling week, it was unnerving to be so venerable.

"Its okay." Rhiannon soothed when I finally made it to her side. She grabbed my hand with both of her, squeezing mine in encouragement. Her presence somehow made things less painful. One step at a time. I took one step forward followed by another and another. Once I could finally walk with confidence I led her up the grand staircase, towing her by hand.

"It's beautiful in here." she complimented eying the old chandelier suspended in the air above us. "Apart from the darkness and dust its amazing." She went on. I guess she was right, it was beautiful apart from the wear and tear. It was home.

"C'mon, I have to show you something." I pulled her onwards to my room, where all the drama had gone down that night. The hall seemed to grow darker as we approached, I eyed the candles, the wax melted into puddles around the wicker. We stopped at the door. I froze, I could see Rhi watching me with a puzzled expression. With stiff hands I reached for the door knob and with one turn it swung open very slowly.

- RHIANNON'S POV -

The door swung back, it was almost painful waiting to see what lurked behind it. I gasped.

"Its okay to be freaked out." Zach whispered, releasing my hand. The room was dark, there were browning blood stained on the deep sea of dark blue carpet. Zach's story was no longer a fading memory, it was slapping me in the face. The broken window hadn't been repaired, I could only imagine Zach jumping through it to save save his life.

As I walked deeper into his room he watched my every moment, his eyes flickering with every step and sway. I walked straight to the far wall, I could see a silk coating. Once I got closer I saw that they were actually photos and news paper articles glued to the wall. It seemed like a memento of insanity, it disturbed me but my interest dwelled. I peered at one brightly colored photo, even though it had faded slightly with age the love and harmony in the photo remained. The picture was of his parents.

Zach looked just like his father, only younger. His mother was beautiful, with the same blinding hazel eyes beaming. She had bouncing locks of caramel colored hair, so bright and luminous against her husbands deep brown hair, almost black. There heads were leaning together cheerfully.I turned to the next photo, it was of the whole family. Zach so tiny it was hard to believe. They were all on the beach, a spade in Zach's hand. There smiles nearly brought me to tears, to think about Zach's loss was painful. I had to move on before I could begin crying. But I staggered back when I saw my family photo.

"Are you scared?" I let out a high pitched yelp when Zach startled me from behind. His blank face frightened me.

"Why is there a photo of my family on your wall?" I stammered finding it too hard to wrap my head around this. Why, why, why did he have this photo?. I was not in the photo however, only Liam, mum and dad. I had seen a copy of this photo in an album back home.

"There isn't just one, there are many... not just of yours." he corrected. Zach stepped around me and stabbed a finger at another photo.

"Who is that?" I asked, on my tip toes just to see over his arm. He put his hand on the small of my back and let me move in front of him. When I looked closely there was a picture of a small boy with jet black hair, darker than night. He was pale and had angelic Jade eyes, his features was so captivating.

"That is... was, Scarlett's littler brother." Zach informed me, watching me like a hawk just as he had before. "She never told us his name but all we know is that Liam took him and that this is one of two lone pictures left of him. The others were burnt - most likely by Liam."

"Yes, Scar told me about her missing brother." I nodded. He pointed to another photo, as my eyes made their way there I couldn't help but notice a picture of Liam's face, burnt out with a cigarette.

"This photo is of Luke and his parents before the fire at the ball that killed them." He noted, his mesmerizing eyes on me. We shared a silent exchange of confusion before he pointed to another without even looking. "That photo is of Marcus and his family before they were shot down on their way back from dinner. His father was a hugely popular manager of the stars." Zach didn't seemed as awed as I was.

"What about these articles?"

He smiled, it did no reach his eyes. "Check them out yourself." He gestured for me to move along, down the walls and toward the newspaper cut outs. The first one that caught my eyes was the heading in bold letters

ONE OF AMERICAS RICHEST KILLED

I took a moment to briefly read some of the text.

Mr Richard Benson, on the list of 'Americas Richest' was killed in a horrific accident yesterday. While driving on a bridge in the heart of Washington his families car flipped and dove into the river below. Mr Benson and his wife were killed, his son surviving. Young Zachary Benson, hidden from the Media till recent times, fled the scene never to be scene till now...

I stopped reading there. I knew who's fault it really was, Liam. A skimmed over each article ranging from huge front pages highlighting the death of Arron's dad after 'falling' from his thirty-seventh story office window to a stabbing of a couple and the kidnapping of a young child. When I finally finished Zach was standing by the broken window, staring out over the massive back garden.

"Why did you want me to see this?" I whispered as I walked to him. I too stared out into the dead garden, still beautiful in some puzzling way.

"I know if seems like such a far way to travel but I needed to show you that your not alone. We've all gone through the torture it brings." I felt his hand curl around mine, I held it tightly feeling somewhat less alone.

"Thank you." I breathed. Stretching up, I kissed him right beside the lips, not wanting to make things anymore complicated.

"If your done, we'd better make it to the hotel before it gets really dark."

***

Zach led me to my room, Scarlett was waiting for me there.

"Where are you going?" I wondered, hoping he would stay and talk with me. I had far too many questions for him.

He looked truly disappointed. "I can't. I promised Luke I'd come help him out with some personal things." He shrugged and smiled apologetically.

I smiled back unable to resist. "Okay, I guess I'll see you tomorrow." I hugged him goodnight and watched him walk down the hall to his room. Once I went inside Scarlett was getting dressed to go out.

"Don't get undressed, your coming with me to get some decent dinner. The food here is horrible!" She groaned. I was about to object before I saw the mush on a plate sitting on the bed, I turned for the door. We took the elevator to the ground floor and exiting we found the air was icy and brittle. We huddled together walking toward a Burger King down on the corner of the street.

Once we had ordered Scarlett asked me "How did your trip to Zach's place go?"

"It was very... interesting." I bit my lip as I took my bag from the lady handing her the cash.

Scarlett grinned slyly. "How so?" I knew exactly what she was thinking.

"He showed me all the articles of your parents deaths... and all these photos." I told her, taking my change. We wandered out of Burger King and headed back to the hotel.

Her face dulled, she obviously was expecting more. "Oh... did he show you...?" She trailed off. I just nodded, smelling the contents of my meal drifting to my nose. We arrived back at the hotel, it was dark and its neon sign was flashing non stop. We cut across the parking lot and under a garden around a huge pine tree.

I herd a bump behind me as I walked ahead. "Shit." Scarlett yelped, she fell to the ground. I noticed a small root unearthed from the ground beside her foot and realized why.

"You okay?" I helped her sit up. Then I assessed her knee, she rolled up her jeans revealing a fairly deep cut. "How the hell did that happen?!" I then saw a rock near where she had fallen, how perfect... Why do these things only happen to us?

"Can you go get help? Receptions around the other side of the building, hurry, I'll be fine." She shoved me forward so I ran though I didn't know where to go. Everything looked the same, I began to panic when I couldn't see any reception signs. I soon ended up behind the hotel next to the dumpsters and flickering lights. I tried desperately to find reception but I was lost, I hoped Scarlett was okay.

"What are you looking for?" A ladies voice said from the darkness. Help? Maybe not...

"Who said that?!" I called out suspiciously. I tried to find the source of the voice but no one emerged from the darkness.

"Don't you remember me?" My scream go stuck in my throat when Carmen came into the light. I patted my jacket for my gun but I remembered I hadn't taken it out of my suit case after we smuggled it through customs. She laughed at me and came closer grabbing wrists and slamming me against the dumpster behind me. "I told you I would get you sooner or later." She reminded me, clawing her fingernails into my bandaged wrist. She stared at my other arm set in plaster and chuckled louder. "I knew you were a wimp." She scoffed.

I imagined my hands ripping out that pretty little hair from her head. "Are you going to kill me." I was surprised when my voice didn't crack with fear. I didn't like admitting I was petrified of Carmen.

She shook her head. "No. I'm here to get answers... then I'll find you and lock you up forever." Her threats were only getting truer and truer.

"You won't get those answers from me." I growled trying to shove her back. She only slammed me back down. Placing one high heeled foot over my chest she held me down as she grabbed some barbed wire from her pocket. "What are you doing?!" I howled when she tied me to the dumpster with the wire. I felt the barbs piercing my skin, thankfully the pain was halved by my plastered arm. She tied my plastered arm down with rope and stepped back to look over her work.

"Now I'm going to get my answers." She grinned and slipped her coat off. I wanted to rip her eyeballs out, I knew what she was planing. Under the coat she was dressed in a set of skimp lingerie, she twirled and eyed me evilly, tormenting me. "I bet Zach could never resist this." She pointed to her perfect ass then to her boobs. I screamed and screamed but she just kept twirling and laughing, she was enjoying this. "I'm going to kiss him and ask him to tell me everything, I'm going to get everything I want from him." With one wink I snarled violently at her, I think I hated her more than Ailee.

"No!" I hollered. "Zach, no!" I tried to pull free but I knew I would only rip the skin off my bandaged arm. "Don't, you whore! You bloody whore I'll kill you! Why, why?! I did nothing!" My pleas turned to sobs, I wanted to collapse to the ground my the barbed wire pulled at my already tender flesh.

"Too bad, I'll do anything for justice." She kicked me in the chest and started swinging her hips as she scampered along.

"Don't you see! Your breaking the law yourself, this isn't justice!" I roared, she didn't turn. She threw her jacket away behind her, it blew in the breeze to my feet. I screamed and kicked it, imagining it was her. I needed to get out, I panted and bit furiously at the rope over my plastered arm. My teeth hurt but I finally ripped my arm out. "Ugh!" I shrieked. Now for the barbed wire. I didn't think my life could get any worse.

You can do this Rhiannon, this is for Zach. I bit down hard on my lip and - holding the barb wire as far away from my arm I tried to pull my wrist free. "Agh!" I moaned in immense pain. My hand was still stuck, the barbs dragging along the skin. I though my lip would fall of cause I was biting on it so hard. One more time, for Zach. I cried out to the sky once my hand came free, it bled all over my jeans and down to my feet. I stared up at the sky, breathing through my teeth. Tears ran down into my hair.

"Rhiannon, are you okay?!" Scarlett came around the corner, dragged her busted leg behind her. Her eyes were wells of torture, I didn't want to hurt her with the effort.

"Scarlett stay there, I have to stop her!" I shouted already running, I slipped as I spun around the corner, but the entrance was so close that I couldn't stop now. I burst through the doors and clamored up the stairs frighteningly drowsy. I pulled the bandage over the new gash that had joined the family and rammed the jammed staircase door down, falling over into the middle of the hallway. "Zach, Zach!" I wailed, stumbling forward. I fought away the anguish and the images of Carmen on top of him. I felt an urge to throw up. But I saw the tree numbers that signaled the end of the journey.

Room 113.

"Zach!" I whimpered as I made it to the door. I wouldn't let her touch him. I didn't bother to knock, or even turn the handle. I took a few steps back and ran towards the door, after repeating this twice the door creaked and flew open.

Pitch Black Heaven - © MemoriesdonoJustice / Rose Tonis 2009
♠ ♠ ♠
I am obsessed with Zombies and Zombie killing action, theres a little fact about myself.

Do you like this chaptermundo? - I personally love the chapter title - Get over to the comment page and leave some feedback! :)

Thanks, Rose. Aka MemoriesdonoJustice..