Status: I am writing as we speak. I've had writers block and struggled to refine the story for so long. I'm back though and a new chapter should be up by the end of the week

Pitch Black Heaven

Law

I dialed Liam's number with shaking fingers. No I'm not scared, I'm freaking shitting myself. It rang, but no one picked up. I redialed and rang again, this time he answered.

"Parker is that you?" He mumbled into the phone.

"Liam where are you, what happened, what have you been up to?" I bombarded him with questions.

"Rhi I can't speak to you, just promise me you, mum and dad will stay safe." He begged, I heard the strain in his voice as he said. "Trust no one."
I gulped. "Liam-" I began to say.

"Mi-Mi... I love you loads, your my little sister and I want you to be safe. I love you, and tell mum and dad I love them too kay." A tear rolled down my cheek and I clutched desperately to the steering wheel, making sure I didn't loose grip.

"Liam I can help you out, I know who the-"

He cut me off. "Mi-Mi, you can't help me. No one can help me... I love you Rhi, you'll always be my little sister." And he hung up, tears spilled over and flooded down my cheeks dripping onto my black shirt. I sniffled and cried all the way home. I parked in front of the house and not in my usual spot since a police cruiser was parked in the driveway.

"Damn it." I grumbled to myself. The police just had to be here tonight, they were going to ask me questions about my brother, and if I had seen anything. I couldn't dob in Mr jerk, even if I did know it was him I still couldn't tell the police. I just couldn't. I stuffed my keys into my pocket as I entered the house, the low murmur of voices could be heard from the living room.

"Rhiannon is that you?" Mums voice drifted from th lounge.

"Yeah." I walked to her voice know I would have to face them sooner or later. And as I had expected two police men were seated on the three seater talking with serious faces with my dad.

"Hunny... the uh, police men would like to speak with you." I didn't miss the fact that she emphasized 'you' as she spoke. I nodded silently.

"Hello Rhiannon, we'd just like to have a quick talk to you about the little incident." Little, were they idiots? Were they treating me like a ten year old because they though I had been traumatized? Yes I was traumatized but not from the shoot off, no I was traumatized because I had just lost my brother. I would probably never see him ever again. They seemed to be waiting for some greeting but I said nothing.

"Rhiannon." Mum pushed under her breath.

"So Rhiannon, can you tell us what happened?" I turned away and rolled my eyes.

"Well we were eating dinner and well someone tried to shoot Liam from the front window." I explained.

"Liam being you brother, right?" One police men asked.

I nodded sharply before continuing. "Then we ducked and he..." I stopped there, I didn't know if I should mention the fact he drew a gun and shot back. I breathed deeply through my noes.

"We understand this must be hard for you, take you time." The lady officer smiled and scribbled something on her notepad. Was she some kind of shrink?

"Then we snuck out the back... thats it." I clasped my hands together and went to stand.

"Wait a moment Miss Balker, what happened after wards. Your mother said you climbed back over the fence not long after the shooting." She frowned ever so slightly. I relaxed, glad that mum or dad hadn't mentioned Liam's gun.

"I went to the front yard to see if anyone was there." I mumbled saying it like it should of been the most obvious thing in the world.

"And did you see anything... anyone?"

I paused, carefully choosing my words. "No. The front yard was empty." I lied, I cleared my throat discreetly and went to stand up yet again.

"So you didn't see anyone?" The police woman questioned, she eyed me.

My eyes narrowed suspiciously at her. Liam's words 'Trust no one' echoed in my head. "No." I mumbled clasping my hands together as I went to stand up yet again.

"Can I go please?" I begged.

"Okay, if thats okay with you officers?" She looked the police officers for answers.

"Sure... thats fine..." The lady officer murmured. As I walked out I could feel the lady officers stares boring into my back, a burning sensation remained there until a climbed the stairs to me room.

"Are they still there?"

I jumped, startled and spun around on my heels to face the voice. "Tiarne, what the hell! How did you get up here?!" I hollered.

She chuckled. "You left the door open when you came in so I simply suck up here." She patted the bed looking smug.

"You followed me home?" I asked frowning, she laughed louder this time.

"Well I wanted you find out exactly what was going on. Being your best friend and all." She said shaking her head jokingly. "So anyway whats going on?"

I sighed. "Nothing... I did speak to Liam though." I stopped and swallowed loudly. "I dint think his coming back." I choked out, my voice lowering to just a whisper. Her face look truly concerned as I fought back the tears, with more success than I would have thought.

Tiarne hugged me. "Don't worry about him, he does have a gun remember. And he did take on what? five or six guys in one night. He'll be fine." She assured me. I tried to smile, I was unsuccessful. So what, I still missed my big brother.

"I could help him... I know who the leader of the gunmen is." I confided, she gasped quietly.

"Who?!" She asked.

"Well Mr Jerk isn't just hot... he also happens to be a freaking gun man!" I cried out.
Her jaw dropped. "Your saying, Mr Jerk - from the cafe this afternoon - is the freaking gun man!" She gushed, her voice louder than I wanted.

"Sh!" I hushed her. "Yes, I think so." I explained.

"Why didn't you tell the police? Why didn't you say anything?!" She wondered. She had a point, why hadn't I told the police? Or told anyone? I think I'm going crazy.

"So... what are you going to do?" She asked, her eyes gave away the fact she thought I was going to do something crazy. Damn those eyes, always right.

"I'm going after him, and I'm going to squeeze every answer I want out of that jerk." I muttered.

- ZACH'S POV (MR JERK) -

"I think she knows who I am man! You should of seen her face when I looked up at her." I slammed my fist into the table in my frustration.

"You idiot!" Luke moaned. "I told you to lay low for a week or two, but no..." He grumbled with a sigh. I looked up but he walked out of the room.

"I'm going out." I yelled. The guys replied with many low murmurs. I ran out the door and jumped of the railing, bending my knees preparing to land. I hit the ground one story down, bending low to let the ground absorb the landing. I sprinted to my black Camero.

"Hey." Someone shouted. I dove, it was my natural reaction. And thank god I did, a bullet came shooting through the air and missed me by only a few inches.

"Shit!" I breathed rolling under Mitch's car, I pulled my gun from my belt and loaded it. "Who's there?!" I yelled peering around the tyre blocking my view. I got no response. I rolled out from under the car and shot at the masked man, armed with a gun. He ran and ducked behind another car. "Liam I know its you!" I shouted aiming for his head.

He laughed menacingly. "Wrong." I frowned at his words. "He sent me to tell you this..." I ducked as he shot at me again.

"Tell me what?!" I asked as I watched him open his car door and get in, half his body still hanging out.

"He said... Stay away from Rhiannon, or he'll kill you. Just leave her alone." He ordered.

My brow furrowed. "I don't know any Rhiannon chick... tell him the girls safe." I aimed at his head but he was already in his car. The cars wheels screeched violently as it shot forward and out of the private underground car park. My eyes narrowed as the silver sports car sped off and out of my sights, I waisted no time and got in my car. Rhiannon? Maybe I could use this girl to my advantage.

- RHIANNON'S POV -

"Rhi you can't go this... He has I gun!" Tiarne stressed, following me to my car.

"I don't care... I'll pretend to be his friend or something, I'll work it out when I find Mr Jerk." I muttered.

"Rhiannon, don't do this." I slammed the car door in her face, she started hitting her hands on the window. I ignored her, rolling down my window only a few inches.

"To late." I grumbled, hitting the gas pedal. I didn't slow down until all i could see was empty road behind me.

Pitch Black Heaven - © MemoriesdonoJustice / Rose Tonis 2009
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this isn't the most action packed chapter but it hold some important clues. So please keeps reading! Comments and subscribers mean loads. Bye!

Thanks, Rose. Aka MemoriesdonoJustice.