Status: I am writing as we speak. I've had writers block and struggled to refine the story for so long. I'm back though and a new chapter should be up by the end of the week

Pitch Black Heaven

Spine Tingling

I had been driving for two hours, I soon realized my search was pointless. He could be anywhere in Michigan by now and I didn't have enough gas to cover half of that. I drove back towards home, a familiar sign appeared in my peripheral vision. Cupids cafe. I pulled into the car park and parked in my usual spot.

"One coffee and your out of here." I muttered to myself, my feet took me to the door - the little bell ringing as it swung open.

"Mi-Mi hunny what are you doing here? Your shift ended hours ago." I smiled when I heard the familiar voice of Aunt Anita. It was around half an hour to closing time and she was beginning to stack chairs.

"Hey Aunt Anita, just picking up a drink before I head off home." I told her.

She smiled warmly at me. "Okay hunny you go on down to the counter, Harrison will help you out." She waved her hand to the counter and I walked towards it.

"Hey Harry, can I get a Latte to go." Harry nodded and walked to the coffee machine. I looked around at the few customers sitting and chatting quietly at their tables, a sudden calm fell over me. I was tired and I probably had lost my only link to my brother. I would probably never see him again, I wanted to cry.

"Hello, hello? Rhiannon, you there?" Harrison was waving his hand right in front of my face, I blinked rapidly and shook my head, bringing myself back to earth.

"Oh sorry, I just dazed off there. Thanks for the coffee." I took it from his hand and dusted the top with chocolate powder. The cafe bell rang and I felt someones presence behind me.

"Sorry." I mumbled, moving out of the way.

"Hi can I get a Mocha to go." I didn't move, my heart seemed to stop beating. That voice, I recognized that voice. I turned to face Mr Jerk.

He noticed my stare and looked up freezing too. "Crap." I heard him whisper. "Can we hurry that coffee up." He asked Harry.

I squinted assessing him. "Are you scared of me or something?" I questioned, drizzling caramel onto my coffee.

"No, why would you say that?" He took his coffee and stood, looking blankly at me.

I chewed on my lip. "You seem to be running away from me..." I clarified.

He frowned, dusting his Mocha with chocolate powder. "I'm not." He answered not walking off like I was expecting.

"Then why do you seem to run out of the room every time I see you." I challenged though I had only seen him four times. Was it weird that I was counting?

"Hm... well to prove I'm not, how about we sit down together." He offered. I shook my head, was he serious?! "Well I could go if you like." He actually sounded upset.

"No wait, yeah okay talking sounds good." I wasn't going to mess up my rare chance to talk to Mr Jerk. We walked together in silence to an empty table, he waited for me to sit first then he took his.

"So..."

I started of simple. "Are you new here?" I asked him.

He laughed scornfully, as if what I had asked was some sort of joke. "You could say that." He said in a taunting tone, it made me want to rip the truth from out of his throat.

- ZACH'S POV (MR JERK) -

She looked at me like she wanted to rip my throat out, so I shut up.

"Sorry." I muttered. Her face was suddenly thoughtful, I have to admit shes really god damn beautiful.

"I uh... don't really no your name." She pointed out.

"Zach." I told her. "You?"

"Rhiannon." She replied.

I sipped my coffee. "Rhiannon, nice name." I complimented her. Wait. Stop. Pause. Hold on a second. Rhiannon? "Last name?" I coughed out, my throat was tight.

"Rhiannon Balker... why?" Her eyes brows pulled together. Okay act casual Zach.

"Nothing..." I assured her. She didn't look convinced.

"When I asked you where you were yesterday at seven why did you run out?" She interrogated. I sipped my coffee nervously. Her face was serious and her eyes smoldering. "Well?" I quickly regained composure.

"Thats something you don't want to know." I winked at her. She didn't seem to find it funny like most of my stupid remarks. I wasn't usually an idiot who tumbles over his words like a lovesick fool.

"I know your hiding something..." She whispered leaning closer, I felt compelled to lean forward too.

"Oh. Really." I raised one brow, smiling. "And what would that be?" I wondered.

"I know exactly where you where you were yesterday at seven pm." She confronted.

I leered. "And where is that?"

She smirked. "My house... a gun in your hand, shooting at my brother with a mask on your face." My throat felt dry, I chugged down my coffee desperately thirsty. It didn't help one bit.

"Your crazy." Was all I managed.

"Maybe... or I'm just too damn smart for you."

I raised my brows, eyes fixed on the table. "Your probably right." I admitted. She laughed, it was a dull, flat sound. It made me scared to death.

"What do you have against Liam." She questioned leaning forward again, I leaned closer too.

"Why don't you ask him yourself." I insinuated.

Her face fell. "I cant. He's gone, and I have no idea where." She struggled to speak. I instantly felt bad for my rudeness. But then I remembered who Liam was and I didn't care.

"Oh I'm sorry. But I can't help, lets just say your brother has done some bad shit in Washington and I'm holding him responsible for it." I hinted. She frowned, lines deep on her forehead. I had an urge to smooth them out so I could see her pretty face calm again.

"W-w-ashingon?" She stammered. "But, but he said he was in Los Angeles..." She breathed.

She leaned closer again, I didn't know if she noticed. "Please just help me." She pleaded.

I just shook my head. "I've gotta go Tinker bell. See you around." I pecked her on the cheek without even thinking to do it. She didn't move. "Uh... if you wanna see me again I'm always down by Lake Saint Clair." I had to be and idiot, or maybe just a sucker for a pretty face. Why was I hoping this girl would come and see me. Focus Zach, this girl is the only thing that will get us to Liam.

Pitch Black Heaven - © MemoriesdonoJustice / Rose Tonis 2009
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is basically just talking but I promise the action will be back in the next few chapters ;) Anyway, how you guys liking the story? Subscribers would be great. Even better, Comments would be nice. Okay thanks to all the readers, you guys make my day. Bye!

Thanks, Rose. Aka MemoriesdonoJustice.