Hello Brooklyn

Chapter 014

Brooklyn studied the boy, unsure of what Zack was doing at her home. She looked to his silver car parked in the driveway and spotted Jack sitting in the front seat with dark sunglasses covering his eyes.

She looked back to the muscular boy who crossed his arms over his chest. "What are you doing here?" she asked.

"I just stopped by to tell you that Jack is going to see a therapist for his problem," he said, his eyes cold.

She frowned and looked back to the boy staring out the window of Zack's car with his hood up. Brooklyn pulled her hoodie around her body tighter, blocking out the cool breeze.

"I just thought I'd let you know," Zack continued, his tone border-line harsh.

She didn't know what to say to that. Was she suppose to agree with him or be mad at him for his attitude?

She crossed her arms and gave him a dark look. "Thanks," she said, sarcastically. "I'm glad you were thinking about me."

Zack's mouth pinched into a tight line. "No problem," he muttered, his eyes still cold, his tone sarcastic.

She felt her lips tug upward a little.

"You ruined everything for him, you do realize that, don't you?" Zack asked.

She glared at him. "I am aware that he ruined everything for himself and I do realize that I did contribute a little."

Brooklyn watched as Zack's muscles tensed before continuing. "I didn't give him the bottle, Zack. He did that himself. When I walked into the room, he had already started drinking. That wasn't my fault he found the liquor and relapsed. That was all on him."

She didn't know where she was getting all this from; just moments before, she had felt like she was the one to blame. "I admit, I shouldn't have sat down with him. I've been telling people that all day but I didn't make him relapse," she finished. "Please leave my yard."

Zack had nothing left to say.

Both knew that her words were accurate.

The boy shook his head and took a step back.

Brooklyn watched as Zack made his way back to his car and got inside. She stayed in the doorway and waited as the silver vehicle backed out of her driveway. Brooklyn watched as Jack mouthed, "I'm so, so sorry," through the glass and space separating them before Zack sped off down the street.

She puffed out a breath and rolled her eyes upward to the gray sky.

"Wow."

The voice made her turn. She was frustrated to see Alex sitting casually on the staircase, anger no longer crossing his face. "What?" she spat.

"That was nice."

She stared at him, her facial expression saying are-you-serious? After a long moment of silence between the two of them, Brooklyn spoke, "Are you bipolar?"

"No," he said, his eyes suspicious. "Why?"

"You were just pissed off two minutes ago because of what happened last night and now you're okay with it?"

"Of course I'm not!" he said. "I'm just happy that Zack got shot down."

"Why?" She was the suspicious one now.

Alex shrugged. "Long story," he stated simply.

"Alex, tell me," she commanded.

He shook his head 'no' causing Brooklyn to place her hands on her hips. "I'll forgive you for last night if you don't force me to tell you that extremely long, boring story," Alex tried.

"Fine," she said.

"Fine," he replied.

She studied him for a few moments before walking off to find something to occupy herself with.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments! :D
Alyshia & Autumn!