‹ Prequel: The Bird and the Worm
Status: I'm not sure if I'll be able to update this story again, considering Jimmy was crucial in the story and it just doesn't feel right to write about him at the moment. Just an fyi for anyone that still takes a glance at it.

Beyond the Sun

four; release

“Come here,” I breathed as soon as the limo door was closed. He obliged, and his lips were pressed solidly to mine, his hand resting on my neck, my hands at his shoulders. His fingers had, for the most part, missed the rice that had landed in my hair, but every few seconds, he would pull his hand away and take the rice off while barely removing his lips from their place on top of mine.

Groaning a little as the thought that we couldn’t do anything for another hour (when we would reach our house) slipped into my mind, I moved my hands to his neck, holding him close as he broke the kiss to breathe. “Damn,” he whispered. “Who are you and what the hell have you done to my timid wife?”

I snorted. “I haven’t been timid since that night with the handcuffs, Brian,” I reminded him, leaning in for a kiss, which he didn’t give me. I raised an eyebrow at him, and he smiled, his eyes on my lips, which were wet from me licking them so many times throughout the night.

“I knew it,” he said, and then he gave me the kiss I’d gone in for, his mouth immediately opening slightly against mine, capturing my bottom lip between his teeth. A little surprised, I blinked a couple of times before allowing my eyes to close again, and absentmindedly, I fumbled for the button that closed the divider as the driver got in. He didn’t need to see this.

Brian smiled against my lips and slid us across the seat until my back was pressed against the window, which was thankfully so tinted that anyone peering in couldn’t see us. I knew we’d rented this limo for a good reason. Going an entire day without being able to really kiss him if I wanted to had not been easy, and maybe that was why I’d been told so many times that becoming Brian’s wife had changed me.

I didn’t care that I was always hungry for him. I was only twenty-one. Sure, he was pretty much thirty, but that had never mattered. My hormones could rage anytime I wanted. We were still young, and this was the age that people were meant to procreate…like he’d said we would.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and shifted slightly so that he could be a little closer. I felt his chest barely touch mine, and he smirked against my lips right before he pulled away. I licked my lips, not fully satisfied, but I would still deal with it. I’d gotten to be at least a little dirty with him. I was okay. I just had to have the fix that every wife got on her wedding night. That was the deal.

He smiled at me, folding his hand tightly into mine and reaching for the store of wine glasses and fine champagne. “Better?” he asked, laughing a little, licking lipstick from his lips, and he looked over at me. I nodded, shifting as he moved so that we were in the middle of the seat, and after he poured a glass for both of us, he slid an arm around my shoulders and held me close to his side. I felt him kiss my temple as I took a sip from my glass, and then he said, “I can’t wait to get home either.”

I smiled up at him, and he claimed a soft kiss. “It’s a good thing this isn’t anything else.” I wrinkled my nose. “I really don’t want to taste alcohol in your mouth on our wedding night.” I flashed a coy smile, and then I took another sip, watching him shake his head and take a drink of his own, his wedding ring making a slight scratching sound against the glass as he shifted his hand for better grip. I’d half-expected him to ask me why, but I was fairly certain he knew the answer to that one, because I’d given it enough times.

I liked the way he tasted, not what he’d had to drink that night.

It just wasn’t him if there was even a hint of beer or something like that. It really wasn’t. I was just glad that he’d stopped smoking before meeting me, because I never would have been with him to begin with if he’d been a smoker during my three days with him.

“Hey Brian?”

“Yeah?”

“Kiss me like that again when we get home…I have something for you.”

He chuckled, pressing his lips to my temple again, and I could feel his smile against my skin. “Okay,” he agreed, his voice tinged with amusement. “I’ll be sure to practically shove my tongue down your throat when the door to our bedroom is finally closed.”

I smiled, taking a sip of my champagne to attempt to hide it. “Well that doesn’t sound so bad,” I said lightly. “But…” I closed my hand around the hand he had on my shoulder, and then I grinned up at him. “The door doesn’t really have to be closed.”

His lips spread into a coy smile. “We’ll see, love. It depends on how badly you want me. I mean, given your reaction to that kiss, you might be on me before we even get up the stairs.” The smile grew, and his eyes twinkled down at me, as though it were possible to make him more attractive and seductive.

I sipped at my champagne once more, finishing off the supply. “That’s a possibility,” I said quietly. “But you have to get this dress off me first.”

He blinked, and I settled against his side, placing my glass safely off to the side where it couldn’t slip around and get broken, closing my eyes. He had nothing to say to that, so he simply settled for wrapping his arms around me after setting his glass off to the side as well. I was really warm next to him, and I snuggled into his side even more as I realized I could sleep for the rest of the ride home if I wanted to.

He didn’t seem to mind that. He softly kissed the top of my head, and then when I actually drifted off, I heard him say something to the driver about turning softer music on before he fell silent, pulling me closer to keep me warm.

We could have been lying across the seats, and we could have been sitting normally, simply turned toward each other. I didn’t really know the difference as I slept. I knew it was a little pathetic that I was asleep in the limo on the way home for our wedding night, but I wanted to have energy, and I’d used up a lot of it for the wedding and the reception.

Even though I was certain I’d find a backup supply once we were getting down to the act, simply because I felt a bit more rested when Brian gently touched my face and whispered that we were home, giving me a soft kiss as a bonus. I groggily stirred beside him, and I was on my feet long enough to clamber out of the limo before he smoothly picked me up into his arms, supporting me with one arm as he dug in his pockets for the key to our front door.

I tightened my arms around his neck, smiling at him, and he simply winked at me as he carried me inside.

“Hey,” he said, flashing an adorable smile. “Thresholds are part of my job description.”
I nodded as I precariously pulled myself up to give him a kiss. “Mhm,” I said nonchalantly, adding in a wry smile for effect. “And a performance like that is bound to earn you a promotion.”

He licked his lips. I could tell that he liked the sound of that. He carried me swiftly upstairs, and he pushed the bedroom door open, stepping inside before appearing to consider going straight to the bed. I raised an eyebrow, and he smiled. “Close the door, love.”

“As you wish,” he said smoothly, and he kicked the door shut before carrying me over to the bed and gently placing me on the mattress so that he could pull his jacket off and unbutton his dress shirt a little. I licked my lips slightly as a small amount of his chest peeked through, but he didn’t allow me much reaction time. He crawled onto the bed beside me, his fingers immediately busying themselves with the buttons on the back of my dress.

I couldn’t believe how efficiently he worked, helping me stand up so that he could push the thing down, freeing my body from the prison it had been trapped in for the entire day. I could already feel my breathing become a bit easier, and as I unbuttoned his shirt, I couldn’t help but notice that my hands were shaking slightly from the excitement.

He placed his hands over mine, noticing my nerves, and he gave me a short kiss. “Do your thing, love,” he said, and I quirked an eyebrow at him. “What?”

“Call me by my new name, or you don’t get your present,” I teased, sliding my hands along his shirt instead of the skin being exposed. “Come on. Let’s hear it.” I kissed the side of his neck, and I could feel his fingers curl into themselves a bit against my torso.

His ducked his head a little, kissing my neck, and he whispered, “Do your thing, Mrs. Haner,” against my skin.

Shivering slightly, I pulled away, and I walked slowly to the bathroom, being sure to let my hips sway a little as I got farther away from him. I had his attention now. And I tried to work quickly. I really did. But I could only do so much with putting on the outfit my aunt (not the one that had ratted me out over a year ago) had given me specifically for this night. I could only fasten the snap so fast, and then I had to apply shadowy makeup without messing it up because I couldn’t be bothered to spend the time to fix it.