Soundtrack To This Love

Sit Back Gotta Catch My Breath


LISTEN TO THIS SONG WHILE READING

“You know my girlfriend says, you’re the reason we might be breaking up” The male voice said, I stopped dead in my tracks and turned around to come face to face with Scott Bankers.

“Did you just say something to me?” I questioned pointing to myself and starring confusedly at Scott; he had his hands in his pockets and was rocking on his heels a smug smirk on his lips.

“Yea, I’m saying that Rachel thinks you’re the reason were breaking up” He walked forward the half bell ringing. I frowned and rubbed the back of my head sheepishly.

“I don’t know why” He stated with no emotion, I felt my heart plummet to the deepest hole on earth.

“Aly you’re going to be late to class” Alex came up from behind me stopping to glare at Scott who smiled successfully.

“It might just be she’s jealous that you’re genuinely beautiful and that you’re everything she’s not” I blushed a red I had never blushed, my head felt light and I also could tell Alex had stiffened behind me.

“Class Aly” Alex stated still glaring at Scott.

“I’ll see you around Aly” Scott smiled looking at me; he then turned around and walked away. I sighed with awe and looked up at Alex with a goofy smile.

“I hate that guy” Alex muttered angrily grabbing my arm dragging me to class.

“He just called me beautiful” I sighed tipping over into Alex’s arms who just grumbled.

“Yea, he was just stating the obvious you know that right?” Alex stated making me smile up at him.

“Awe is that a compliment?” I cooed while he starred at me hesitantly. We walked up to my class door and Alex straightened up still starring at me.

“Look Aly” He put his hand in his pocket and leaned on the doorframe.

“I wanted to tell you-“ We heard footsteps and we both glanced to see one of the deans starring frustrated at both of us.

“Get to class” He commanded, I frowned and looked up at Alex patting his arm.

“Hey you can tell me during second period alright?” I smiled sweetly while he rubbed his forehead and forced a smile.

“Yea your right, bye Aly” I smiled giving him a quick hug.

“Bye Alex” I waved while walking into my math class. Calculus sucked more than anything, it was confusing, it was complicated, and it was just the most retarded thing I’ve ever stumbled upon. I sat next to a close friend of mine, Jack Barakat who was also Alex’s best friend and band member who played lead guitar and backing vocals. He was in the band All Time Low that both him and Alex had started back in 2003. They had a few records come out, but nothing big enough to get signed to a record deal. Along with Jack and Alex was drummer Rian Dawson and bassist Zack Merrick but I didn’t see them until lunch. I was closest to Alex because I had known him for about ten years, but Jack, Rian, and Zack were also my best friends.

“What’s up!” Jack smiled excitedly when I sat down beside him. I laughed and leaned back waiting for class to start.

“Nothing much” I shrugged turning toward him and leaning in.

“Rachel almost killed me in front of the school today, I kept answering her back, you should have seen her face! It was priceless, I could have sworn she pulled of the exorcist head rotation thing when I walked away from her!” I laughed making Jack crack up hysterically.

“What was she bitching about anyways? I heard her and a few friends talking about Scott, supposedly their going through a rough patch” Jack rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest.

“Rachel is blaming the rough patch on me” I smirked; Jack spun his head around quickly and widened his eyes.

“Dude no way, why would she be doing that? You didn’t do anything with Scott did you?” I blushed and shook my head no.

“No I didn’t, but since I starred at Scott, she thinks I’m the reason their so close to breaking up”

“She’s a psycho, she’s the reason he wants out of the relationship, not because you keep giving him goo goo eyes” Jack bit down on his lip when a sub walked into the class. She looked probably early twenties, light brown hair, light green eyes, and she was wearing something formal yet comfortable. I automatically turned to look at Jack who had a huge smile plastered on his lips.

“Wow, major babe” Jack smirked while I rolled my eyes leaning on my desk.

“Down horn dog, she’s older than you and over eighteen, totally out of your league” I glanced at him, he turned his head to glare at me, but then quickly turned around to stare at the sub.

“Hello class, I’m Miss. Richards, I’ll be subbing your class for the day” She smiled politely putting down her stuff on the desk in front of the room.

“Well Hello Miss. Richards” Jack stated smiling flirtatiously. I smacked my forehead and shook my head with disbelief.

Miss. Richards turned to smile at him while she placed her hand on her waist and took in a deep breath.

“She totally has a thing for me” Jack whispered wiggling his eyebrows. I groaned and collapsed onto my desk. Miss. Richards walked up to the white board and grabbed a marker scribbling down a few words.

“Ok class, this is your homework for tonight, for today, just work on it” She smiled, the class nodded and then turned off into conversations of their own, while Miss. Richards walked over to the desk and sat down on the chair taking out her phone and texting.

“Anyways, other for the fact our sub is a hottie, what’s going on with Scott? You still all wild about him?” Jack questioned raising his eyebrows. I sighed and smiled at him blushing.

“I’m taking that as a yes, you do realize this guy is a total-“ I cut him off and took in a deep breath finishing the sentence.

“Tool?” Jack nodded and continued speaking.

“And that he wants to hit every girl in the school, and not as in punch as in-“

Hit” I stated wiggling my eyebrows, Jack nodded and then paused to stare confusedly at me.

“Alex told me” I stated making him nod and laugh.

“Figures that’s the first thing Alex would tell you” Jack laughed, I just watched him confusedly.

“What are you talking about?” I questioned, Jack then stopped laughing and looked at me wide eyed.

“I mean you are his best friend, he cares a lot about you...and I mean a lot” Jack smiled, I watched him cautiously, Jack was acting strange.

“Anyways, so do you think their going to break up?” Jack asked crossing his arms and glancing around the room.

“I don’t know, but when I walked off Rachel did say that I’m going to pay” I rolled my eyes biting the inside of my cheek.

“Which probably means my last year of high school is going to be a living hell” Jack nodded agreeing to what I had just said.

“You can definitely guarantee that, don’t get me wrong you should be happy, but dating Scott comes with a lot of add ons. I mean isn’t there someone else you’d want to date?” Jack questioned widening his eyes.

“Um no, not that I know of” I stated awkwardly, Jack leaned back in his seat and frowned shaking his head.

“I’m surprised you still haven’t caught on, by this time he sure makes it pretty damn obvious” Jack laughed shaking his head.

“What? Who make’s it obvious? Jack what are you talking about?” I frowned resting on my hand starring at him,

“I’m not going to tell you, your going to have to figure it out on your own, step back from Mr. Popularity, and really observe” Jack rolled his eyes laughing.

We sat like that for most of the class, him teasing me, me thinking and not understanding what he was talking about, finally the bell rang putting me out of my misery. Jack always loved to do that, I really hated it. He walked me to second period and I gave him a hug goodbye walking into my anatomy class. I saw Alex sitting at our usual table, and I walked over sitting down beside him.

“What’s up?” Alex smiled looking at me, I laughed and sighed.

“Jack says he’s surprised I don’t know something, but he won’t tell me what it is” I frowned taking out my binder and grabbing my pencil.

“What did he tell you?” Alex questioned eyeing me cautiously, I laughed and starred at him.

“Like I said, he told me nothing” I scribbled down in my planner what the homework was while our anatomy teacher walked in. He was old, cranky, but still sarcastic which made the class entertaining. He wore his pants above waist line, along with thick glasses that made it seem as if he were looking out from the bottom of bottles rather then glasses.

“Wonderful.” Alex muttered starring at Mr. Anders.

“Oh what was it you wanted to tell me?” I smiled starring at Alex who widened his eyes. He pulled out a scrap sheet of paper and starred hesitantly at me. He then scribbled down a few words but before I could grab the paper he quickly erased them re-writing something else. What was going on with all of my friends?

I grabbed the note and unfolded it reading it.

I like the smell of your perfume.

I giggled and leaned back in my chair, I heard a smack and when I turned Alex was digging his face into his hand.

“Oh wow, nice one moron, can you say you really panicked?” Alex muttered bitterly, I starred confusedly at him, did he really say what I just heard?

“What?” I asked him, he shook his head and blushed.

“Nothing”

I nodded and folded the note putting it in my pocket.

“Um thanks?” I shrugged laughing. Alex forced a smile and nodded to look up and let out a small yell coming face to face with Mr. Anders.

“Something wrong Mr. Gaskarth?” He questioned. Alex shook his head no and smiled.

“Of course not” Alex laughed nervously, Mr. Anders nodded and walked toward the front of class. And for the first time in the history, me and Alex didn’t talk through the whole period.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! New update! Feedback is always nice so please if you have the time comment or send me a message, gotta know if this story is any good and if I should keep on posting :). Thanks for reading!!! Spread the word if you like this story enough :) Enjoy!