Are You Sure This Is My Life We Are Talking About?

chapter one.

It was about four o'clock in the afernoon and Sara was finishing up her shower. She stepped out of the bath tub, dried off and combed through her wet hair. Wrapping her towel around herself, she walked out of the bathroom to her room, two steps away from the bathroom.

"Sara?" My mom called from the kitchen. "I made your favorite, fetachini. Come in here and taste it real quick."

Being excited her mom cooked her favorite meal, Sara high tailed it to the kitchen, running in and grabbing the fork her mother offered.

"Mmmmm... This is great," Sara said around my mouthful of food.

Some one cleared their thoat, loudly.

Sara looked up and saw not only her dad, but some random guy, who she took to be one of her dad's friends, standing right next to him. And Sara, in only a towel.

She could feel her face heating up. Grabbing the glass of coke sitting on the table and walked to her room, quickly.

sara shut the door. Leaning against it, she thought about the incident that just took place. Sara knew that the nameless guy was the one who had cleared his thoat. How freakin embarrassing.

To get it off her mind, Sara blasted her Puccini and picked out some clothes to put on. Tight black pants, studded belt, underclothing, of course, and a band tee. Her normal attire. Sara really didn't want to leave the security of her room, however, being that some random guy just saw her practically naked.

So, Sara decieded to read. She love reading and ended up choosing to reread one of her favorites, Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night, by Kresley Cole. You gotta love hot Scottish werewolfs. Sara opened her window to let some light and the cool breeze in, and began reading. About an hour and a half later, however, she was interupted by a knock on the window. Turning around, Sara saw her dad's friend smiling at her. Sara paused her music.

"What?" she asked, not worring about sounding rude. I mean, common, didn't anyone think to warn her about having company over?

The guy just smiled softly at Sara, like he didn't want to scare her or come off too intense. "Why don't you come out of your room? Your parents want to talk to you." He had a slight accent, but Sara couldn't place it, especially since it was barely there.

"Then they can come get me."

"Please?"

The way he said it, so quietly, soothingly, it gave Sara goosebumps. Odd.

"Fine," she grubled. Marking her page, she put her book away and turned the stero off. Crossing her arms, I she walked out of her room to see her mom, dad, and that weird guy sitting on our couch.

Sara just stared at them, letting them make the first move.

"Sit down," Sara's dad, Joel, finally said.

Sara sat down in the big recliner sitting next to, but angled towards, the couch. Again, she waited, just looking from face to face to face, trying to figure out what this was all about.

"We have some things that we need to tell you," My mom said.

"So, tell me."

My dad's face turned red. "Don't be a smart ass!"

"I'm not, but I would like to know what's going on." Sara had to make sure she said this calmly, or she knew he would blow even further.

No one said anything.

"Shall I say it then?" That guy said, speaking up for the first time since Sara came out of her room.

Still Sara's parents said nothing, just looking between themselfs with a look on their face as if they didn't know whether to cry or puke.

"Fine then," he said again, then he looked strait at Sara. "My name is Vladimire Dante` Balitiu. But everyone just calls me Dante`, since my father is also called Vladimire. As you can probably tell, what with my name, I'm Romanian. But only half, my mother is Italian, hence my middle name being an Italian name. My father made a deal a while ago with your parents that will be upheld now. How they want to go about telling you about this deal though, I am not sure." he paused and looked over at my parents, who still looked sheepish. He continued, "I'm a vampire, as are you,and we are to marry."

"Ha ha." Sara said dryly.

Everyone just looked at Sara.

"Oh please, you people tell me for years how monsters and 'fantasy creatures' aren't real and now you want me to buy this? I don't think so. You want me to believe you are a vampire, then prove it."

Dante` sighed. "And would you like me to do this?"

"Show me your fangs." Sara said matter-oh-factly. If this worked, well, then she don't know what, because something no one knew about Sara, she was a girl who had a fang fetish. Only that was the worst kind of fetish you can have, because fangs didn't exist.

He blushed. "I don't think so."

"Why not? Or don't you have any?"

"No, I do." He blushed harder. "It's just that, feeding is an intimate think that is done privately among our people."

"I'm not asking you to feed, I'm asking to see some teeth."

"Which is just as private of an act. It only happens to feed, and when... aroused," he finished quietly.

"How old are you anyway?" Sara had to know, especially if he was acting like this. And she was supposed to marry this guy?! Yeah, right, times 2!

"I'm nineteen."

Sara raised her eyebrows.

"Really, I am. Would you two like to help me out now?" He said, looking over to Sara's parents to dig him out of his hole.

"He is telling the truth Sara," her dad said.

"Ok, I'll play this little game. You said I'm a vampire too. Don't you think I would have known that before now? I mean, common, 17 years is a little long to hid to someone what they really are."

"I can answer that," Dante` said again. "Boys don't get their fangs until puberty, but girls have to wait until their first bite. Then their teeth, and with that, the full onslaught of new... things." He finished lamely.

"Things?" Sara said, completly not buying his bull. "Like what? Am I going to get a third boob or an extra eye or something too?"

"I meant new hormones and... I don't how to explain this!" He said exasperated.

"Look, right after you were born, we were in a tight spot for money, being that we were young and all, and well, this man told us he could help us, and then, he saw you, and everything changed." Sara's mom said, hurrying over her words. "He saw you and said you were a vampire, that he could smell it. I thought he was crazy, we both did, but he convinced us, and told us that to do the best thing for you, we would need to do as he said. He explained all what Dante` is trying to explain now, how you will be somewhere in the middle, and feeling unfulfilled until you are bit, and, we decided to listen to him. Besides, he said he felt something in your arua, or something, and so he threatened us when we first said no."

"Interesting, but where is the proof? I want proof I can see and touch, not a bunch of words."

"Fine!" Dante` said, throwing his hands up in the hair and jumping out of his seat. He walked over to Sara and pulled her by her hand out of her chair and towards her bedroom. He turned towards Sara's parents, "We'll be right back," then tugged Sara into her room. "You want to see my fangs, fine. Here." He said.

Sara watched as his incisiors legthened, getting longer than she ever thought possible. Completly capitvated, wanting to touch them, and not really thinking, Sara ran the pad of her index finger down his left fang, from base to tip.

Dante's eyes rolled back and a soft moan imerged from him.

Sara dropped her hand immediately, and his face turned a bright, bright red.

"Holy shit," Sara mumbled. "You are a vampire, so you're not lying. Shit again! I'm getting married?!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Puccini is an Italian Opera composer, for those who don't know.

Also, if you are under the age of 16 or 17, depending on how sheltered you are, don't pick up Kresley Cole's book with out asking a parent first. It is not a children's book.