Harder Than You Know

On Our Minds

Craig’s POV:

I could tell by the look on Nightmare’s face that something really bad was about to happen. When she told us about Max I wanted to kill him. I already knew what was coming next. If it was only about Max cheating she would have been pissed off. She was mad and sad at the same time. Now I just wanted to kill our manager Chase and their manager Patrick for putting us all in this mess.
We were going on stage and I had to come face to face with Gerard Fucking Way. Even the sound of his name pisses me off now. He was really trying his best to be cool about it. I warned him not to hurt her again. If he does I swear I’ll fuck him up. I started our set with Harder Than You know and looked back at Nightmare who stopped to watch. She gave me her full attention. It was really hard to see Gerard holding her like that but she was watching me. I sang my heart out. When the song ended she smiled and blew me a kiss. I could feel my heart break a little. I turned back to the crowd and went straight into our next song. I made the mistake of glancing back and watching Gerard lift Nightmare over his shoulder carrying her away. She looked so fucking happy. Damn Max!
After our set I was walking back to my very empty bunk when Max ran up beside me. “Craig dude! I’m so fucking sorry…I don’t know why I did that? I….I just want to get Vengeance back.” I don’t care how sad he looks it’s all his fault. “Well then fuckhead you should have kept your fucking dick in your pants! Of all the fucking groupies and shit here you had to fuck Gerard Way’s wife! YOU did this Max! We could have kept them busy but fuck no. Your little fucking dick couldn’t just behave!” Max stood there with his mouth hanging open. “Fuck you Craig! I happen to really like Lyn-z! Gerard is just a fucking bitch anyway!” I glared at my band mate “Yeah well thanks to you Gerard is in bed with MY GIRLFRIEND! Yeah Max. Nightmare left me for Gerard! Happy now? You fucked up your relationship with Vengeance and drug mine down with you.” I walked away and went straight to the bus and launched myself onto my bunk.
Little Miss Sunshine came around the corner “Hey Craig, do you feel like talking for a while?” I thought to myself “Not really but yeah let’s talk.” She placed her hand on mine “Craig, I’m….sorry. I…well…she loves you man. She just well….Gerard never gave her back her heart. I know you’ll always carry a piece of her heart with you. She really was falling in love with you.” I smiled a weak smile “yeah well, she has mine. I just hope he treats her like a princess. She’s too good for him. I fucking hate Gerard Way.” I punched my pillow. Sunshine kissed my cheek. “Night handsome. Get some sleep and we will do something tomorrow. Night.” I smiled at her “Sweet dreams.” I rolled over and went to sleep.

Max’s POV:

Well I guess I’ve fucked everything up! I asked Nightmare to keep her mouth shut. Damn it!!!! If she just would have let me talk to her I could have fixed this. Lyn-z came to me! She was pissed at Gerard. I think we should be blaming him! He’s the one that made Lyn-z feel like shit. He kept talking about Nightmare like they were still an item. I felt bad for Lyn-z. I was just trying to make her feel better and well shit happened. I haven’t slept with her since I met Vengeance. I didn’t mean to take her to bed. I never wanted to hurt my woman. I just wanted to fuck with Gerard. I have always felt like I had to be better than him. I don’t even know why. Hell we used to get falling down drunk together. We were friends once. Well until the first time he was dating Lyn-z. He caught me with her then. That must have been the time he went back to Nightmare. SHIT!!!!!!! When I dumped Lyn-z she went back to Gerard. SHIT!!! I caused pain for Nightmare twice and didn’t even know it. Fuck what have I done? I have to go and talk to them in the morning. I went to the darkened bus and crawled into my empty bunk. I had dreams about Vengeance all fucking night. She takes me back, she dumps me, she kills me….All fucking night long.
I was sitting at the table eating my breakfast when Craig walked in “Dude! I fucked up bigger than you think!” He looked at me “What do you mean fuck face?” I sighed “OK Craig I get it. You are really pissed off at me. I deserve it but listen. Remember when I dated Lyn-z after she dumped Gerard?” He took a bite of his breakfast “Yeah so?” “Come on Craig think! Who did Gerard go back to dating?” Craig’s eyes went wide “Gerard went back to his ex…..Nightmare!” I nodded “Exactly! I fucking did this to her twice. Now what the fuck are you going to do to get her fucking back?” Craig took another bite of his food. “Max, give it a rest would you. She looks happy as hell. If he fucks things up I’ll be there waiting but she is happy now so just leave her be. That’s what I want for her.” I sighed. “I can’t believe you would just walk away dude.” He laughed “Yeah? Well I guess I’m a better man. All that matters is she is happy. If he hurts her I’ll fuck him up and take her back. If I did that too her now it would end badly.” I nodded. Craig is right but that doesn’t mean I can’t fight for Vengeance. She has a love hate relationship with Frank.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little on the short side. Sorry I'm doing updates on four different books tonight and have taken the family out to dinner. I'm getting worn out. Plus I have a chat sight that has ten people wanting to talk racing with me. Uggggh! Comments please. I hope everyone is liking the twists.