Harder Than You Know

Oh Thank God!

Gerard’s POV:

It was about 3am when Max came knocking on the door. I opened the door and stepped outside with him so I wouldn’t wake my brother, Frank, Vengeance or Nightmare.

“Hey Gee what’s so important? Is everything ok?”

“Max I have to know something…Did you…did Nightmare…fuck how do I say this? Did anything happen with you and Nightmare last night when she was drunk?”

Max looked up at me shaking his head. “Gerard nothing happened. We pretty much sat in a corner both all night. She slammed a lot of shots. Then she drank on top of that. She was half passed out when I carried her home.”

Nightmare ran off the bus and threw her arms around Max. “Oh thank God. Max thank you.”

Max looked at us funny. “What the hell?”

I cleared my throat. “Max Lyn-z said you two were all over each other at the bar that night. Nightmare doesn’t remember anything…See babe I told you she was just starting shit. Besides I already said if you two were I would forgive you. Nightmare I love you and I mean it when I say, I’m NOT going anywhere without you.”

Max excused himself when Nightmare threw her arms around me kissing me. “I love you Gerard. Thank God I didn’t fucking cheat on you.”

We made our way back onto the bus and into our bunk. I had Nightmare back and I’ve never been happier.

Max’s POV:

There was no point in making Gerard upset. No matter what the fuck happened Nightmare was deeply in love with the man. I entered my bus and Craig looked me dead in the eye.

“That was a good thing you did Max. I’m proud of you.”

I nodded. “Yeah…then why do I feel like shit?”

Craig pulled a bottle of Vodka out of the cabinet. “You shouldn’t feel bad. Max if you were not there it would have happened with someone else. At least she doesn’t remember and she is home where she belongs. You did the right thing. Really Max you did.”

I took the Red Bull and Vodka Craig made for me and drank it down quickly. “I guess. I’m going to bed.”

I walked out of the room and too my bunk. I couldn’t sleep. All I did was toss and turn thinking about that night.

Nightmare’s POV:

“Fuck me!” I sat up breathing heavy.

I looked at my sleeping boyfriend. Gerard was beautiful. How the fuck could this have happened. Everything came back to me at once. I was stumbling drunk and Max was there. Some asshole was grabbing at my ass and Max shoved him away.

“Get the fuck off her dick! She’s with me!” Max glared at the guy.

“Whatever…why she is with a douche like you is…”

Max punched him right in the face and dragged me back to the table in the back of the bar.

“Nightmare you need to slow down babe…you are fucking wasted. Gerard will kill me if anything happens to you.”

I laughed at him and kept right on drinking. Why the fuck didn’t I listen to him.

“Fuck that Max I’m here to get fucking trashed. If you don’t like it go hang the fuck out with Gerard and his fucking group.”

Six shots later I remember crying about my baby. I couldn’t even believe that Max stuck it out. When he kissed my cheek I grabbed his face kissing him hard. I drug Max into the private rooms they had for VIP’s.

Tears fell freely from my eyes as I remembered stripping him. I groaned when I realized. “OH FUCK!” I covered my mouth.

Gerard came out. “Nightmare are you ok?”

I nodded. “Yeah I’m fine baby…I just needed something to drink.”

I reached for the water bottle wishing it was something stronger. Max lied for me. When Gerard and I went back to our bunk he slid his hands up my top whispering his love for me. I felt like shit but we made love anyway.

The next morning we had sound checks. Right after I went in search of Max.

“Max…hey wait up. Can we talk?” Craig looked at the ground.

“Yeah I’ll see you later dude…Nightmare.” Craig made a quick departure.

I looked at Max. “Craig knows doesn’t he?”

Max looked away. “Knows what? I have no idea what you are talking about.”

“Max I remembered last night what happened…we slept together. In the private room.” I looked down with tears in my eyes.

Max looked at me sadly. “No Nightmare as far as I’m concerned and everyone else for that matter. NOTHING happened with us. Nothing.”

“Max why are you doing this? Why are you…”

“Because I can. Because you and Gerard belong together. Because it meant nothing. You were drunk as fuck and I wasn’t completely sober either. Just go back to your man and forget about what you thought happened.”

I nodded and made my way back to the bus.

Vengeance’s POV:

I shook my head. I couldn’t believe the conversation I just over heard. Nightmare did sleep with Max. I wasn’t jealous that they did I was just shocked. Max is my ex…Nightmare is with Gerard. Frank would kill Max if he ever found out about this. He hated Max for what he did to me but Gerard is like a brother to him.

I was so lost in my own thoughts I ran right into Craig.

“Vengeance I know you heard them…please forget everything you heard. Let Max keep the secret. I know how you feel about him but don’t do this to Gerard and Nightmare.”

I nodded. “Craig what if…”

He shook his head. “No what if’s. Vengeance we are the only ones who know. I’m not ever going to say anything and if you love your friend you won’t either.”

“No it’s our secret.”

Frank came up behind us. “Oh keeping secrets from me are you?” He laughed.

Craig looked at him. “Yeah…well its kinda my secret.”

Frank looked at him. “Oh yeah…I want in on this one.”

I bit my lip and Craig smiled. “I was just telling her I wanted to get with Lex is all. Please don’t tell anyone.”

“Why not why was Nightmares name brought up?” Frank looked at us.

Craig laughed. “Well I kinda feel like I don’t want her to know yet is all.”

Frank smiled. “Oh ok then. Your secret is safe with me. Come on Vengeance we need to get you ready for the show.”

I looked at Craig then smiled at Frank. “Let’s go then. See ya Craig. Oh and good luck with Lex, she is really sweet.”

Frank and I made our way back to the bus to find Gerard and Nightmare making out. It made me smile knowing they were ok again even if I knew what really happened that night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Damn people I'm so sorry about not updating...I owe you all big time. So now you know what happened...please don't kill me. This story will be ending soon...not too soon but soon. Let me know what you think. If you love A7X please check out my stories. Unbound, Blinded In Chains and Brompton Cocktail...I know you will love them. Comments please.<3