Status: Active.

Warped Tour Should Be the Definition of Fun

“Garrett, did you cry?”

Alex, Austin, Justin and I were having lunch together at the food tent. Alex and I told them about the side project.

“I like it,” Justin said next to me before taking a bite from his burger.

Alex smiled triumphantly across him. “I’m the genius in here,” he boasted.

I scoffed. “Everyone knows you have a small IQ, Gaskarth.”

He gasped in shock and placed his hand on his chest. “I am not!”

I rolled my eyes at his childish-slash-girly behavior.

Suddenly Garrett sat next to me and placed his tray of food on the table.

“Are you guys talking about the side project?” he asked.

The three other guys stared at him in confusion. “How did you know?” Austin asked next to Alex. “I thought Alex said he hasn’t told anyone.”

“I didn’t,” Alex said, turning to me.

“Yeah, I told him last night,” I said, sipping my iced tea.

Alex pouted. “I thought you said it was gonna be a surprise.”

“Alex, it’s just one person. Quit being a baby,” I rolled my eyes. “Garrett can keep secrets.” I turned to Garrett who was in the middle of chewing his barbeque chicken. “Can’t you?”

He gulped it and answered, “I can.”

I grinned, turning to Alex. He was still pouting. I grabbed a chicken bone from Garrett’s plate and threw it at him.

“Ew, what the fuck?!” he shrieked, placing the bone aside. He grabbed his cup and stared evilly at me.

“Oh no, you don’t,” I muttered under my breath.

He smirked, before spilling the whole content to me.

“MOTHERFUCKER!” I shouted, jumping from my seat.

Alex laughed his head off. “That’s what you get for messing with me, bitch!”

I narrowed my eyes at him. I grabbed Justin’s plate of cheese french fries, receiving a ‘hey!’ from him.

Alex shook his head. “You wouldn’t dare.”

“Honey, I’m the most daring girl you’ve ever known.” With that, I threw the plate at him.

“FOOD FIGHT!” Austin shouted, grabbing his plate and threw it at Justin.

The whole tent was now filled with flying patties, buns, french fries, cups filled with various liquids, sausages…

We were all having fun, until someone screamed extra loud.

We all stopped the food fight and turned to where the voice came from.

A very angry-looking Melissa was standing near the tent’s entrance with orange liquid stained her top. Some icing of the cupcakes was sticking on her hair.

She looked very, very pissed.

She glared at the whole tent before turning around to leave.

- - -

I sat on the stool between Jazz and Seth waited until they were ready. They glanced at me and I nodded. Seth started playing the guitar for The Used’s Yesterday Feelings, and then Jazz’s guitar went in. I then sang, and a few people sang along.

The acoustic set went on for around half an hour, and we ended it with our song Stop And Turn.

“Thank you guys so much for being here,” I talked to the crowd that was sitting on the grass. A guy pulled out his small digital camera and I grinned at it until I heard the familiar click sound. “That was our last song Stop And Turn,” I added.

“We’ll see you guys around,” Jazz finished.

Before Jazz and I stood up, I realized Seth had already left. Maybe he was tired; usually he wasn’t the first one to leave. I decided to ask him what was going on later on at the bus.

I went to my band’s merch tent by my beloved skateboard. Once I was there, I took a seat next to Mitchell and grabbed a can of soda in the cooler box underneath the table. I opened the can and drank the liquid.

“How was the set?” he asked after giving someone a change.

I shrugged, “It was okay.”

“Okay? I’ve never heard Namora saying a show is okay.”

I chuckled. “It was okay because Seth was the first one that left. I wonder what’s wrong.”

“Maybe he’s just tired. As cool as Seth is, he’s not rude.”

“I know, Mitchell; I’ve known that guy ever since forever.”

“You’ve said that gazillion of times.”

I rolled my eyes at his dramatic use of words. Remembering I had to meet the other guys, I stood up.

“Well, I gotta meet my other band mates. Catch ya later,” I said before skating off to FTSK’s bus. I went inside without knocking and went straight to the back lounge.

“Well that’s rather rude,” Marc commented as I walked passed him in the bunks area.

I laughed. “Sorry, Marc,” I said before opening the door to the back lounge and went inside. The guys were all focused on the TV screen. “Hey guys—“ All of them shushed me before I could finish my sentence. I raised an eyebrow and went to sit next to Austin, wondering why they were so concentrated. The screen showed the last scene of Titanic when Jack and Rose shared goodbye.

As the credits came up, I heard sobs coming out from Alex. I turned to stare at him with confusion, and then I heard sobs coming out from all the other guys.

“Oh guys, it’s just a movie!” I groaned.

“You’re not sensitive!” Austin replied, sniffing.

I rolled my eyes, bent forward to grab the remote on the coffee table and turned it off.

“HEY!” they all shouted.

“What? The movie’s done,” I said coolly. “Let’s just talk about our side project, shall we?”

“Oh by the way,” Justin said after sniffing. “Garrett wants to be the manager.”

“Yup,” Garrett replied. I didn’t realize he was sitting next to Austin. He had a tissue on his hand and his face was a bit red.

“Garrett, did you cry?” Alex asked.

“NO!” But then he sniffed.

“Aww, Baby Nicko crieeed,” I cooed.

“I didn’t,” he pouted.

“Alright, alright, Garrett didn’t cry,” Austin rolled his eyes.

“We still need a lead singer, by the way,” Alex reminded us. Justin was about to speak but he cut him off, “Yeah, you’re gonna sing, Justin, but you’ll share the microphone with someone else. You cool with that?”

Justin nodded.

“Alright, so… anyone have an idea who should be the lead singer?” I asked.

We all turned into silence, thinking.

“How about Kennedy?” Garrett asked. “He used to sing in his old band.”

“Ah, yes! He and John once replaced positions for a show last year, right?” Alex asked and Garrett nodded.

“Kennedy can sing,” I nodded.

The others murmured in agreement, also nodding.

“Okay, let’s drag Kennedy here and threaten him to be our lead singer!” Alex said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Melissa's such a fun-sucker -_-

subscribe / comment / cry with band boys!