Status: Active.

Warped Tour Should Be the Definition of Fun

“Would you like to tag along?”

I was lying on my back on the sofa at the bus, carelessly playing guitar that was on my stomach. My eyes were locked on the ceiling and my fingers were forming a chord while the other fingers were slowly strumming.

The bus door clicked open and I heard a pair of heels clicking against the floor. Allison walked pass me and to the bunks and I heard her shuffling through some things. A while later, she reappeared and stared at me. I glanced at her and looked back at the ceiling.

The next thing that happened was surprising.

“I’m sorry for your loss.”

I stopped strumming and tore my eyes off the ceiling and to her. “What do you care?”

“Believe me, I do.”

“No you don’t. You’re always on Whore’s side with your sister.”

“I don’t want to!”

“Then why you do that?” I sat up and placed my guitar on the coffee table.

“She threatened to take my boyfriend if I turn my back against her.”

“Why didn’t you tell me? I could’ve helped you!”

“No you don’t! You know how she is!”

I went silent. She was right. Dani had a way with boys and she was really good at it. Even my boyfriend back then got into her trap.

“Just tell me when she crosses the line, okay? I’ll try to help.”

She nodded. “Thanks,” she whispered before leaving the bus. I sighed and lay down again, taking my guitar as I did so and continued playing. Allison was actually the nicest one between them. I was really close to her in highschool, too.

Pieces of highschool memories rushed through my mind. The booze, the parties, the bitchfights, the gossips and rumors, the graduation, the prom… Highschool was so fun yet it felt like your world was crashing down when you were facing a problem. Time went by so fast, I didn’t realize those four years were a part of my past already.

My eyes darted off toward my phone on the table to see what time it was. I had promised Alex to see his set and it was going to start in ten minutes, so I got up and exited the bus, this time without my skateboard. I was heading to ATL’s stage when I bumped into someone. I looked up and saw a really familiar British guy.

“Hey, Namora, right?” he asked, accent spilling in every word he said.

I nodded. “Hi Dan. How was your set?”

“It was awesome,” he grinned but then his expression turned grim. “I’m sorry about your mother.”

“It’s okay. Not your fault, really.”

He then proceeded to gave me a friendly one-armed hug that I replied by tapping his back. We pulled away.

“So, there’s a party tonight at this guy’s house that Josh just knew,” he said, “Would you like to tag along?”

I politely declined, “I don’t really go to parties. Not anymore.”

“Oh, come on,” he pleaded.

I shook my head.

He sighed. “Alright. You just seem so grim and lifeless lately… Namora Williams that we all knew was so alive. I just thought you’d be cheered up by going to one party.”

I thought for a moment. He was just being worried and friendly to me.

“Warped Tour is supposed to be the definition of fun, you know. But if you change your mind… text me. See you around.”

He turned his heels and was about to leave when I called his name. He turned around with a smirk on his face.

“Yes?”

“I changed my mind.”

He grinned. “Cool. I’ll pick you up at your bus at eight?”

I nodded. “Who else is coming?”

He thought for a moment. “All Time Low is definitely coming.” I chuckled, reminded that they were a group of party animals. “My band too. Um,… the Millionaires…” I flinched and he laughed a little. “VE. The Maine boys are coming too.” My breath caught in my throat. “A whole lot more, probably. You can totally invite your band too.”

“None of us really likes to go to parties. We’d go sometimes, but not for too much. Even if we go, we don’t want to touch booze and pot and stay sober.”

He rolled his eyes. “No fun.”

I laughed. “Lianne or Mitchell will probably go, but I can’t promise you. Well, I gotta go. I’ll see you tonight?”

“Of course.”

- - -

“No.”

Just as I thought, all of my band mates rejected my offer. Lianne and Mitchell too.

I wasn’t going to force them, though.

“Why are you going anyway?” Seth asked.

“Dan was just being nice. He noticed me sulking and all—“

“I hope he’s not trying to cheer you up by getting drunk,” Jazz muttered.

“Jazz, I’m not getting drunk.”

“Who knows?” Cliff chimed in.

“Oh guys, come on! It’s just one party. I’ll try not to go near the booze, okay?”

Everyone murmured an ‘okay’ but I knew they didn’t trust me. I rolled my eyes and went to my bunk to grab some clothes and went to the bathroom to change and put on some makeup.

I know everyone thinks that I am really one of the guys, but I still know how to be a girl.

By the time I was done, I heard Mitchell calling my name, announcing that Dan was here. I got out and saw Lianne in her bunk and she looked up to see me.

She widened her eyes, “I don’t know you know how to be a girl.”

I rolled my eyes.

“Who else is coming to the party? Is Baby Nicko coming?”

I blushed a little. “I guess so. He’s not that much of a party person.”

“Let’s just hope he knows you’re coming so he’s coming.”

“Why would he come if he knows I’m coming?”

“It’s obvious, Amor,” she rolled her eyes. “He likes you.”

“No he doesn’t—“

“Namora, are you gonna go or not?” I heard Mitchell calling again.

“Coming!” I waved at Lianne and she replied with the same action and I went to the front part of the bus. Technically, everyone dropped their jaws. I didn’t understand why but I saw Seth was kind of panicking – I could tell that he was rushing to grab his box of cigarette on the coffee table and took out a stick.

“Who the hell are you and what are you doing in my lead singer’s body,” Jazz said as Seth lit his cigarette.

I laughed. “I take that as a compliment, thanks.”

Dan picked his jaw back. “Let’s go then, Namora.”

“Alright, see you later guys,” I said to my band mates as I approached Dan. They all said goodbye as we exited the bus.

“The guys are at the party already,” he chuckled before hailing a taxi. He let me in first and then he followed. He told the driver the address and then the driver proceeded to drive to the mentioned address. By the time we were there, the place was packed already.

We got out and entered the rather large house, not bothering to knock on the door because the door was opened already. Loud music filled the whole place and I could smell alcohol and weed in the air. I scrunched my nose in disgust.

“I’ll get some drinks, okay?” Dan shouted over the music. I nodded and he walked away. I looked around, looking for an emptier space and found one at the corner. I sat down on the sofa and watched the people dancing and getting drunk. I wasn’t too surprised when I found many familiar faces in here because Dan had mentioned it earlier.

Dan came back with two red cups in his hands and he handed me one.

“What is it?” I shouted.

“Alcohol,” he answered in a ‘duh’ tone.

“I know! But what is it?”

“Uh, vodka… and Sprite.”

I nodded and sipped it without any second thought. The burning sensation slid in my throat and into the stomach, and without realizing I drank the whole cup in a matter of moments.

“I want more!” I demanded.

Dan laughed. “So much for not getting drunk,” he said as he got up and pulled me towards the kitchen. He poured some vodka and Sprite into my cup.

“Thanks,” I grinned and sipped it. I think I was too focused on my drink because the next thing I knew Dan was gone and I was getting a bit tipsy. I decided to go with a can of beer and went outside to get some fresh air.

I sat on the stairs and inhaled deeply the air. I wasn’t here for too long but the drinks were starting to have its effect on me and I just realized I was so stupid for getting a can of beer instead of a glass of water.

Someone sat next to me and I looked to see who it was. His piercing blue eyes stared into mine and my heart skipped at that.

“Hey,” he smiled. I noticed he was holding one of the classic red cups.

“Hi,” I replied, sipping my beer.

“This place is so packed.”

“Why are you coming, then? I thought you’re not much of a party person.”

“John basically dragged me here,” he shrugged. He looked at me. "You look different - in a really good way," he said and hesitated for a moment. "You're pretty."

My cheeks flushed a little. "Thanks."

He smiled and nodded, bringing the cup to his lips. His action made me stared at his lips unintentionally. I noticed he had stubble on his cheek, it was really adorable. I brought up my hand and traced his chin with my fingers. He froze.

I didn’t know why I was this brave. Maybe it was the alcohol.

And then I pecked his lips.

Yep, definitely the alcohol.

I pulled away but then he pulled me in, kissing me harder. Our mouths moved together rhythmically and our breaths got heavier. He whispered something to me and I nodded. We got up and left the place.

- - -

Garrett opened the bus door and we walked to the back lounge, stumbling on our feet and our lips never left one another. He pushed me onto the sofa and started working on my neck, sucking and nibbling it.

Before he could continue lower, I attempted to flip us over so I was on top.

“My turn,” I smirked.

I bent down and kissed his lips, running my fingers through his hair. I moved to his neck and I could feel his hand moved from my hips and into my back pocket, lightly squeezing my ass.

That was when I remembered a promise.

I broke apart all too quickly, leaving Garrett confused.

“I – I’m sorry,” I croaked out, getting off of him.

“What, is it something I did?” he asked, sitting up panicked.

“No, no, it’s none of your fault. I just can’t do it. I’m sorry,” I apologized one more time before leaving the bus and headed to my bus.

“Hey why are you here so early?” Seth asked as I entered. I coughed a little – the front bus smelled like cigarette. He definitely had been smoking. “Parties usually just start at” –he glanced at the clock. “Eleven.”

He stared at me for a while. “Whoa. What happened to you?”

“I’m gonna take some sleep,” I muttered, straightly heading to the bunks. I went to my bunk and laid down under the covers, slumber quickly taking over.
♠ ♠ ♠
HA. bet you didn't see that coming!

yes Dan and Josh mentioned here are Dan Flint and JoshFransexy Franseschi from You Me At Six. I'm in love with that band for around three weeks now.