Evelyn & Henry

Site Seeing

Henry took me to see Big Ben like promised and I took pictures for Will as I promised. The clock was huge and absolutely stunning. Henry, by no surprise, knew everything about the clock. It was bitterly sweet to see how happy he was ranting on about its history.

We were at the British Museum when I mentioned to Henry that I was absolutely starved. So he took me to a little restaurant that was near by.

The waiter sat us down and when I looked up after getting situated in my seat, I noticed Henry staring at me. He had a little smile playing at the corners of his mouth.

“Why are you always staring at me?” I asked, diffidently.

His lips spreading to a full on smile, “Because you are so beautiful,” he said as he brushed a stray curl out of my face.

On queue, I blushed. “Must you always say that?”

“Why not, it’s the truth. Does it make you uncomfortable, me telling you that you are beautiful?” He asked as his wonderful smile turned into a slight frown.

I smiled reassuringly, “Only because I’m not use to it, but I don’t mind you saying it.” Henry had that I’m-glad-I-don’t-have-to-stop-saying-it look on his face. “Can we order now so we can eat? I’m starving, remember?”

He chuckled, “Of course my dear.”

Just then the waiter walked up ready to take our order. I wondered if it was coincidence or did I somehow plant the suggestion in his head. Henry gave me a quick glance before placing our order. He knew I didn’t care what he ordered as long as I got something to eat.

I was staring out the window, taking in all the details my new eyes could see. I blinked once and when I opened my eyes, everything was slightly hazy; sort of burred and not as bright or full of color. I blinked a few times to see if maybe something was in my eyes causing my vision to defocus. But to no avail, my vision was back to mortal standards.

“Evelyn? Could you not hear me just now?” Henry asked concerned.

“Hmm?” I turned to look at a very confused Henry.

“I was trying to tell you something,” he said tapping his figure to his temple, indicating through thought. “But you never responded,” he stated worriedly in a hushed tone.

“I’ve lost my sight as well.” I told him in a matter-a-fact like tone.

Then Henry seemed to understand. “Ah, yes, the transformation; everything will adjust and readjust before it’s complete.”

I looked back at Henry, it felt like months since looking through mortal eyes, but he still looked beautiful. “So what were you trying to ask me?”

He smiled defiantly, “I was asking you about your dream in hopes you would think about it and let it slip.”

I gave him my best dagger eyes, “I didn’t think you would try such trickery Mr. Knight. I’m a little disappointed.” I said playfully.

Henry gave me his award winning smile, “I have my moments I suppose. I guess I’m just very curious as to how I helped you sleep so well.”

I couldn’t help but think of the dream. I closed my eyes for a moment just to picture it and reminisce in all its blissful details. I was thinking about how wonderful Henry looked. His piercing blue eyes, his wet hair dripping onto his face, the way his lips felt on mine and the comfort I felt in his arms.

I took a deep breath and decided I was probably being rude just sitting here silent with my eyes closed. When I did open my eyes, Henry had a strange look on his face.

“What is it?”

What ever expression that was on his face vanished and turned to smug. “What a lovely dream indeed.”

My eyes widened. Did he just trick me into thinking my mind thing was temporarily out of order or did it just decide to kick back in at just the wrong moment? No, he couldn’t have possibly tricked me. I am the one who can get into someone’s head after all, which leaves option two.

I beg to differ. I would say it kicked back in at just the right moment.

You can wipe that self-satisfied look off of your face! I can’t believe that just happened! I was mortified!

Henry reached for my hand and caressed the top of it. I’m sorry Love.

I gave a huge sigh. Why was he apologizing, he’s not the one with betraying thoughts. You don’t need to apologize. I’m the one in your head and revealing these thoughts.

“It’s not your fault Love. I promise in time you will learn how to control it better.” He took my hand and kissed it.

Our lunch arrived finally and it was delicious of course. Henry seems to only order the best. But I guess that’s from years of experience.

“So where are we going to next?” I asked as we were leaving the restaurant.

“You’ll see,” he said with a grin.

He took me to the Natural History Museum, the Science Museum, and any other museums there were. I was starting to loose count of all the museums we went to. Don’t get me wrong I love museums, but so many, in one day is exhausting. But on the up side of things, I was starting to feel like a professional photographer with all the pictures I was taking. On the down side, I could barely keep my eyes open during dinner.

“I’m sorry Love. I shouldn’t have dragged you to all of those museums in one day. My excitement over took me.”

Henry had the cutest puppy dog eyes. I smiled at him. “There is nothing to apologize for. I had fun. I’m just exhausted now.”

“I think I’ll just get the check and get you home.” And before I could agree or disagree he was waving for our waiter to bring the check.

I would not complain though. I literally felt I could just sleep right where I sat.

And that’s why I am getting you out of here.

I just shrugged. Too tired to think, too tired for anything.

Tomorrow we’ll have fun, I promise.

I had fun today. I swear I did. Just all the walking we did and the pictures and all the knowledge I got today. It’s a lot for a new immortal to take in one day. I thought with a long yawn.

Henry paid for our dinner and helped me up. He had to practically carry my out to the car. I know I was tired but to be completely useless felt strange.

I heard the engine rev up before falling into a deep slumber.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here it is another update. I was going to go into more detail on where they were going but decided not to just to move it along faster. I can't wait to put up the next bit. it's really cute!

Hope you guys like this chapter!