The Land Before Death

Come back tomorrow?

I wasn’t sure how long it was, but after lying on his shoulder for what seemed like eternity, I forced myself to pull away knowing it was going to be hard.
“What’s wrong?” he asked with concern as he saw my face.
“Um, is it the same time as where I came from in here?”
“Yeah, why?”
“What time is it?”
“The sun says it’s just after five.”
“Oh, crap! I gotta get back. My father is waiting for me to come back and feed the horses because he has a huge business dinner tonight and expects me to take care of them.”
“Ok well if you want I can walk you back to the exit way, but I can’t walk you any farther than that.”
“Thanks. I’d love that,” I said as we got up and he picked up the blanket, folded it up enough so it could fit into his pocket and walked me to the exit.”
When we got there, Skyler said, ”It was really nice meeting you. Um, can you come back tomorrow morning at nine?”
“I’ll try, maybe I can get out while I ride my horse.”
“Wait, you ride too? I’ll bring my horse to greet you too since he needs to get out of that boarding stable.”
“Woah,” I said in amazement. I never expected him to love horses just as much as I do.
“Woah what?”
“Nevermind. See you tomorrow,” I said and just at that moment we both leaned in and he planted his lips on mine once again. We kissed for a good minute until I had to force myself to leave. As I exited from where I came in, he waved. I thought I saw his lips scream goodbye, but I couldn’t hear him. Even though I couldn’t hear him, I waved goodbye back and headed back home.