All My Broken Things

The Opening Scene

“Ummm hi," I stated nervously usually I was bubbly and full of confidence but there were certain situations where I was more quite or reserved this was one of those times as I spoke to the receptionist at the main headquarters for hopeless records.

"Ummm im here for a job interview with Mr. Johnson" I continued im here for your job actually I thought as I became increasingly nervous pulling down at my black pencil skirt that I had borrowed from my sister at a miserable attempt to try and look corporate and serious, while really I was just a photographer looking for work to try and pay my bills as well as find out how the music business worked.

"Aahhhhaa yes Miss Ward just follow me" she instructed and I did as I was told following her down the hall where I could see many different doors but not so many people and it was kind of eerie being a recording company and even having a studio up stairs it was awfully quiet except for the tapping of our heels against the floor, the building itself was modern and simple.

"Mr. Johnson, Miss Ward." she introduced leaving me alone with a man appearing to be in his 30's with short messy hair and in great need of a shave.
"Miss Ward take a seat your here for the reception job aren't you" he spoke politely
"It’s Abigail and yes I am here for the job but I hope im not putting her out of a job"
"Oh no she resigned" he replied
"Oh I see that’s good then"
"So Abigail looking at your resume you’re a 21 year old photographer, why this job?" oh and let the questions begin,
"I do a lot of band photography, and I wanted to see how the music business works like the whole recording process and figured this was a good start as well as I need the money" I finished finally I was never good at selling myself.
"Fair enough" he went on "You seem like you’re up for the challenge and this job will most diffidently give you a look at the music industry...come in Monday and well will sort you out Julia can show you a few things then".
"Wow thank you I shall see you Monday" I said shaking Mr. Johnson's hand and exiting from his office.

Well that was easier then I had expected it to be and I was grateful really I didn’t want some long excruciating corporate business meeting thing, where I had to sit and answer question after question.
But now that this was over and I wouldn’t have to worry about that till Monday, today no scratch that tonight I had plans I was going out with my best friend Katy and we were getting all hyped up to go see All Time Low.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok im scared my first chapter for this story
please tell me what you think we meet Zack next chapter
leave comments
show love
this story scares me coz i can see it in my head but im having trouble putting it in words