All My Broken Things

Getting Personal

When he came back into the kitchen I was putting away the now clean dishes. His hair caught my attention first it was no longer straight like it had been that morning but in its natural state of a curly mess that covered his ears, he was wearing my clothes which for some odd reason was a slight turn on its not like they were really chicks clothes so I wasn’t really worrying about that. But getting back to my point he looked ravishing, my shirt clung to his body and arms showing his muscles and masculine body frame, while the shorts seemed to be the perfect size I really wanted to see what my boxes looked like but I wasn’t about to ask.

“Ok now I feel much better” he exclaimed sitting on the breakfast bar
and I just chuckled in response
“What are you laughing at?”
“Umm nothing” I continued to laugh
“Your crazy you know that don’t you” he was only playing around
“Yea I bet this would surprise you but you’re not the only one to ever tell me that” I laughed
he laughed at me as I slapped him with the dish washing towel “I like your craziness” he stated matter of factly and his words alone gave me butterflies
“Ok lets watch a movie” I said slapping his leg as I walked past him still sitting on my breakfast bar and he was quick to jump down and follow me back to the couch where he had spent most of the night.

“Pick a movie” I instructed pointing at the movie cabinet as turned on the TV
“Here” he said handing me his pick
“No way am I watching ‘The Terminator’ I hate these movies” I said handing it back to him
“Well then why do you have like two of them?” he asked laughing at my response
“There my sisters, she left them here when she moved out, she had this weird thing going for Arnold Schwarzenegger…pick again”
“That’s kind of creepy” he laughed handing me the first ‘Fast & Furious’ movie
“Yea I know, but that’s JD for you…and this movie I can handle” I said putting the movie in and sitting on the couch next to Zack.

It was kind of weird I didn’t know what I was supposed to do sit close to him, sit at the other end of the couch or cuddle up with him? What was this?
So I laid with my head on the arm rest at the opposite side to Zack placing my feet in his lap, his response was to give me that smile/smirk again the one he gave me earlier, the one that said your insane.

“You are not sitting with you feet on me” he laughed bending over and grabbing me from under my arms twisting me around so that I laid with my head in his lap and my feet on the arm rest instead and I had to admit that I liked this better, also that the muscles in his arms were really turning me on everything he did, did.

“Is that better for you Mr. Merrick?” I asked smiling up at him
he nodded “Yes Miss. Ward” his eyes were so deep and a golden brown that seemed to shine.

We sat there like that for the longest time watching the movie in mostly silence I saw his eyes wonder over me couple times through the corner of my eye and I laid there pretending not to notice. Not to notice anything but really I wanted to know everything about him, but the things I wanted to know most had nothing to do with his musical career which seemed to shock me a little.

“Can I ask you something?” he asked me it was kind of weird I was about to use that line on him
“Yea”
“Is there a reason you always wear that ring? I mean every time I see you doesn’t matter where you always have it on”
“My dad gave it to me before he passed”
“Oh im sorry” he said a little taken back probably wishing he had never asked
“Don’t be, it’s ok it was about 5 years ago now I think I was 16, he had cancer and you know how that goes. But the ring it was a family heirloom it was supposed to go to my mum but he never wanted it that way, by the time he got really sick he hated her and I was his baby so I got the ring as long as I promised she would never get it”

I don’t know why I felt the need to spill that to him, why I told him something so vital to my life that I barley ever told anyone, I mean the only reason I even told Katy was because she was my friend when this whole thing went down and we were like sisters. There was still more I wasn’t telling him and at this point I think I would have told him if he just asked the right questions, which scared me a little because I barely knew him and I trusted him with what to this day still scared me.

Zack’s POV

Wow was my first reaction, it had seemed like so much had happened in her life already so much gone wrong and she was still bouncing around and joyful if that’s the right word, joyful even though she could have been sitting around mopping.

“Gosh” was all I could muster
“Mmmhmmm” was her reply as she chuckled a little she had moved herself from my lap and sat with her knees up to her chest facing me sitting close enough for me to wrap my arm around her.

I wanted to know more about her, so I asked a question that I didn’t think would sound too intruding but turned out I got more then I bargained for.

“So do you still see your mum?”
she laughed at me like I was the crazy one “No way” she laughed again and shivered a little
“Ok” I didn’t know how to take that I was confused to say the least
“My dad hated my mum for a reason” she paused probably to think about how to word what she said next
“My mum, she was a terrible drunk I mean she got so violent it still scares me and she was an alcoholic so that didn’t help at all, and when my dad got sick she was constantly drunk I remember me and my sister Jordana having to cover our arms and legs every time we went into the hospital to see my dad so that the nurses’ wouldn’t ask question. But my dad could tell and that’s why when he passed he left everything to us. And, and we just got out of there as soon as we could moved into this place actually and have never felt more at home.”

Her story had finished but I couldn’t say anything any problem that I thought I had ever had seemed to come to nothing after everything she had been through.

“God” she laughed “I don’t even know why I told you that” she said shaking her head “I know you thought I was crazy before, but now you really do think im crazy”
“Abby I don’t think you’re crazy for anything you just said…I guess you just shocked me I mean you’re so bright and bubbly even though you’ve been through so much”
She had her head down and she wouldn’t look at me
“Abigail” I said lifting her chin up so she would look at me “I don’t think you’re crazy” she gave a small smile and I gave one in return
“Ok” she said seeming to change the subject “Now that we have missed the end of the movie I want skittles”
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment im not updating till i get 2 more comments
please
i want to know what you think