All My Broken Things

The Other Girl

I woke once again to the sun coming shinning through the window, but unlike the morning before I did not wake up with a painful hangover instead waking up with Zack’s arm still slung around my shoulder. I stirred a little trying to roll over so I was comfortably on my back, attempting to not wake him in the process. Zack was lightly snoring, it wasn’t loud enough to keep anyone awake and it was almost rhythmical and soothing. He stirred a little as I moved on my back but failed to wake him, his arm was still draped around me and I gently brushed over it with my fingers drawing patterns and pictures on his bare skin while he continued to sleep.

My mind probably should have been running 100miles a second at the fact that I had Zack asleep in my bed in nothing but my boxers, the fact that I didn’t even know what this meant did he have feelings for me or was this strictly friends. My mind should have also been running at the fact that I didn’t know what I wanted at this moment whether I wanted Zack as mine or what.

But the fact was, it wasn’t because this just felt right, comfortable and comforting. Like there was nothing unusual and defiantly nothing wrong with the situation, because to me there was nothing wrong with the situation.

Zack stirred and I his eyes flicked open for a second as he groaned probably wanting to go back to sleep.

“Morning” I stated
he yawned a large yawn in response and I let out a small single giggle “Good morning” he replied removing his arm from over the top of my body so that he could turn and lie on his back much the same way I had just moments before. I moved my body once more so that I was on my side facing Zack my body curved around the side of his. I didn’t like the loss of contact between our bodies.

“How did you sleep?” I asked him and he seemed to look at me properly for the first time this morning
“Good, you look really cute right now” the words seemed to come out as one long uncoordinated sentence that made the both of us blush the very instant it left his mouth.
I had turned around more so that I shield my face in-between the bed and pillow and the shoulder of Zack’s bare arm, he made me feel awfully shy in that moment and it was not something I was used to.

“No you don’t” he chuckled moving so that I could no longer use him as a shield, pulling me up so that he could see my face making me lean my body on his torso he stayed in that position just looking at me for what felt like a good couple minutes as I tried to look everywhere apart from his face.

Before I knew what was happening he had my face cupped in one of his rough masculine hands so that I had no choice but to look at him, he was the one to lean forward and make the move as his lips brushed ever so lightly over mine before we both leaped at the opportunity to deepen the kiss. As our lips collided the butterflies that had been resident in my stomach all morning exploded going crazy. Our kiss was…was it wasn’t like I could use words to place exactly how it felt our movement in time with each other as my fingers moved to his hair getting lost in his light brown mess of gorgeous curls while his had still cupped my face his thumb moving over my cheekbone. But it ended like all great and utterly surreal acts, he ended just like he started it all too fast for my mind to catch up.

After just laying there for a moment of silence probably both of us trying to work out what had just happened he spoke
“Come on let’s get up find some breakfast” he said rolling out of bed. I watched his body perfectly defined as if a sculpture made of marble. He rubbed his hands over his face once more trying to wake up removing his curls from his face. He looked at me catching me staring at him so I decided I should get up as well. He pulled my Weezer shirt back over his head and we made our way down to my kitchen to make breakfast.

We spent the majority of the day sitting around talking and watching movies like we had the day before. Things were a little awkward after our kiss but just for the first half hour or so then they eased back to the normality we had created. The day seemed to go by fast and before we knew it, it was 5 in the afternoon.

“Hhhmmm…I got work tomorrow” I let out a whine and Zack chuckled
“Yea and I should get going the boys have probably tried ringing me 100 times over the past couple days but I forgot my phone back at my apartment”.
I laughed “Do they even know you took me home?”
“Oh yea and Katy has your car” he laughed
“Oh so that’s where that is, I guess it just slipped my mind” I laughed
“You my dear are very bizarre” he laughed
“Meh it boring being normal”
“You have a point” he laughed
“Yea I know I do”
“Do you have a pen and paper I could borrow?” he asked changing the subject like there was nothing to it and I wondered what he was going to do but I went and retrieved one anyway.

Handing the paper and pen to him he pursued the pen between his lips while he tore the paper into two leaning over onto my coffee table to write something on it before speaking.

“What’s your number?” he asked and I couldn’t help but laugh it seemed so weird I mean we had spent the entire weekend together he knew where I lived but he was asking me for my number like we were back in high school. None the less I gave it to him and he slipped the piece of paper in his pocket.

“As much as I don’t want to Abby I think it’s about time I went home” he said standing
“Mmmkkk” I replied not wanting him to leave at all I watched him grab his shoes and clothes going into the bathroom to change out of my clothes
.
I was in my bedroom when he was done changing
“Ummm what do you want me to do with your clothes?” he asked we were both suddenly shy again
“Oh just throw them on my bed I deal with them later” I replied he grabbed me and wrapped me in a hug before we headed to my door.
“Thanks for taking me home, and for everything I suppose” I said
“It okay Abigail im really glad I did” he said leaning down to kiss me on the cheek his lips cool against my skin
“I’ll call you okay” he said patting his jeans pocket which held my number and I nodded as he left.

I collapsed on my couch letting out a breath I hadn’t realize I was holding in, closing my eyes for a moment before I opened them to see a piece of paper with 8 digits scrawled on it in messy writing with the name Zack written below it.

Zack’s POV

I got back to my apartment jumping out of the cab and paying the cabby, I think I must have had a smile printed on my face as all I could think about was Abigail, she just seemed to sweet and down to earth slightly outrageous and very cute and even kind of sexy as I remembered the way she stood playing with her hair or the way she pounced on me after our skittle fight.

Well that was until I realised who was sitting on my door step and that changed everything.

“What are you doing here Jamie?” I asked the bleach blonde girl sitting on my door step
“Well it’s nice to see you’re still alive” she retorted
“What do you want?” I asked bitterly
“I just thought we needed to talk” she said trying to be sincere and if I didn’t know her better I would have believed that

“There is nothing to talk about Jamie were done” I retorted
“Where have you been all weekend Zack, even the guys have been trying to get a hold of you”
“That’s none of you business and I haven’t been able to get back to the guys coz I left my phone at home”
“So you haven’t been home since Friday night?” it was more of an accusation
“this does not even concern you Jamie remember you’re the one who broke up with me several times if im right”
“I know and im sorry Zack, I realise that what I did Friday was wrong of me I shouldn’t have upset you like that and I shouldn’t have broken up with you again”
“Well Jamie think it’s too bad you did then, cause I refuse to put up with your shit again, you can’t just have me when it suits you when you have no one else to fuck around with”
“How can you even say that Zack you know me I’d never cheat on you”
“Are you fucken insane, that’s the whole point I fucken know you Jamie and I know for a fact you cheated on me several times then broke up with me several time for some other guy” I stated laughing bitterly at the girl I had once loved
“Not anymore Jamie, I can’t do it anymore, you hurt too much” I said opening my front door and turning to close it.
“Who is she Zack? The guys said you were probably with someone you met”

All I could do was shake my head and close my apartment door in her face.
This was typical Jamie, she was the reason why relationships were complicated for me, she was the reason I tried my hardest to stop myself from liking Abby. She had fucked me up and fucked me over so many times it wasn’t even funny anymore and no matter how hard I tried I could never erase her from my life. Until now I was not going back to that.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this took so long i have had the worst and most scary week of my life and i hope i never have to re-live that
also im back at school which slows down my writting sorry
year 11 is stressfull

anyways thats to my new subscribers comment it will make me update faster
<3