Full Mental Case

Weekender

My first week was nearly up and since Maribeth and Chace were the only two people I've seen I was starting to wonder if this job was really cut out for me. Maybe I should have stayed those extra years and become a doctor.

I spun around in a chair looking up at the ceiling. When I heard a loud cry. I jumped.

"What was that?" I asked.

"Oh, that's probably just one of the new patients. Go check on him." she said.

I got up.

"What's his name?" I asked.

"Gregory room 192. He was attacked by some rabid dog a few months ago. He's recovering from it here." she said.

"Should I be cautious or something?" I asked her.

"Just peep in his room make sure he didn't choke on his tongue or something." she said smirking.

I got up and walked down the dark corridors. Following the signs to his room. I heard the cries grow louder. Hopefully he didn't choke on his tongue. Probably a bad dream maybe he was having a seizure. I looked at him through his window. He laid on the ground trembling. I pushed the door open.

"Mr. Gregory are you okay?" I asked him.

He was in the nude a blanket wrapped between his legs. His back was to me. I walked closer to him then stopped. Maybe I should call for help. I turned back and I heard him cry out again. The hairs on the back of my neck flew up.

"Mr. Gregory." I said turning back around.

He lied on his back.

"Get out, get out before I kill you!" he yelled.

Maribeth came into the room.

"Addy, I called a doctor. He'll come down from room two, he said to get Mr. Gregory stabled." she said holding a needle and a vial of medication to calm him down and then handed it to me.

"Y-You want me to give it to him?" I asked her.

"I'll hold him down for you." she said.

"Okay." I said to her.

"You can't be nervous okay?" she asked me.

"Me, I'm not nervous." I said wincing at the sound of his screams.

She held his shoulders down and I sat on top of his legs. I just needed to give him a shot.

"No, get out! Leave me here!" he cried.

I held his arm.

"It's okay Mr. Gregory, we're here to help. Do it Addy!" Maribeth said trying to hold him down.

I stuck the needle in his arm and squeezed in the drug.

He yelled and got free from Maribeth and scratched my stomach. I flew back against the wall and hugged my stomach. I looked at Mr. Gregory. Who ran out of the room and into the arms of two strong men with a straight jacket.

"No, let me go, I'll kill you!" he yelled.

Maribeth ran to my aid.

"Addy, are you okay?" she asked me.

I looked at my stomach and saw that I was the blood stain on my torn scrubs and lied my head back.

I just nodded.

"Come on we need to get you to the clinic." she said to me helping me up.

I was examined by the doctor.

"There's no real damage, but you have all your shots up to date." she said to me.

"Mr. Gregory's is okay isn't he?" I asked her.

She smiled hugging her clip board.

"Caring about others instead of yourself. He's just fine they moved him to another room. It was traumatic what he went through. I think you should take the rest of the night off though." she said.

"Okay." I said.

I was a little shaken up. I grabbed my bag and walked from Maribeth's desk.

"So you're leaving?" she asked me.

"Yeah, I'll be back tomorrow." I told her.

"What?" she asked standing up and looking at me.

"I'll be back tomorrow night. Why what's wrong?" I asked her.

"You're coming back, wow you really are confident." she said.

I just smiled.

"See you then." I said to her and walked away.

Once home. I touched the bandages and then pried them off just a little. The bandages peeling some skin off with the tape. I winced. Then I saw the wound. There were four long claw marks on my stomach. I was pretty sure his fingernails weren't that long. I just hope it wouldn't get infected. I placed the bandage back on it and then looked in the mirror. I looked exhausted. My eyes seemed blacker and baggier. I looked at my tongue. A little discolored. I sighed and then tap my fingers on my sink and then turned off the light and walked out of the bathroom.

I climbed into bed. Glad for the night off. It was only one a.m. I wondered if I was going to get any sleep. After my exciting night. I highly doubt it.

I hugged my pillows and kicked off my blanket. I began to have a dream about my crazy night. Mr. Gregory, and the way he said that he was going to kill me. Still my dream became crazier. With thoughts of the different patients and the moon at the end.