‹ Prequel: How We Operate
Sequel: These Days

How It Should Be

10:00

"That's the first thing you say to me?" Violet pulled away from Geno and put her hands on her waist. Evgeni rolled his eyes and held his arms out pulling her toward him by her waist.

"Hello," He kissed her.

"Hi," Violet threaded her fingers through his hair and he started walking her toward the couch. She fell on it and pulled Geno on top of her. Just as he was crawling on top her and feathering her neck with kisses they heard her phone faintly ringing from the kitchen. Violet's eyes popped open.

"Mark." She squeaked. Evgeni pulled away abruptly. Violet pushed him off of her quickly and bolted for the kitchen to pick up the phone.

"Mark I can't talk right now!" She hissed into the phone.

"But we were in the middle of a conversation..."

"My boyfriend just walked in. I can't talk right now. I'll call you tomorrow."

"Haha, alright, have fun having sex."

"Thank you."

"Enjoy."

Violet hung up the phone and turned it off. Violet walked back toward the living room, feeling like she was walking the walk of shame. Geno was sitting on the couch. He didn't even turn to look at her.

"Who is Mark?"

Violet took a deep breath. "My ex-boyfriend."

"I thought Henry was your ex."

"He is...but Mark was is also an ex."

"Do you ever talk to people who haven't had sex with you?" Violet took a deep breath. She knew she deserved something like that but not that.

"That isn't fair of you. I like to remain friends with my exes. Just because you fall out of love doesn't mean you don't have things in common anymore." Violet walked around the couch to face him. He wouldn't meet her eye. "Mark was my very first boy friend. It's been years since I've even seen him."

"Years?"

Violet nodded before realizing that was a lie. She'd seen him at Christmas. Which was technically last year but....

She decided not to tell him.

"Why he call you now?"

"He's coming to town and needs a place to stay. He saw my mom because he lives back in Punxatawney and she told him to call. I couldn't say no, he used to be my best friend before I met Matthew."

"I thought I your best friend." He chuckled and grabbed her around the waist and pulled her down. It seemed he didn't want to dwell on the Mark issue. Violet was thankful for this and let the issue drop.

"Hmm, thinking you can edge out Matthew, huh?"

Geno smirked and nodded, tightening his grip on her and going in to kiss her. She leaned in and kissed him back. Sweet kisses quickly turned into a ferocious make out and they made their way to the bedroom.

Their clothing was strewn about the hallway and the bedroom floor and soon the two were lying naked on Evgeni's bed.

"I missed you." Geno whispered as he climbed on top of her.

"Missed you too," Violet replied, letting one hand wrap itself around his shoulders, and the fingers on the other twine in his hair. He slowly entered her, in and out methodically, until Violet was begging for speed. Evgeni obliged her and the two quickly climaxed, collapsing onto each other and drifting off to sleep.

************************************************************

Violet took Evgeni took the aquarium. They spent twenty minutes with the sharks. Geno listened as she told him about how in Japan they poach sharks for their fins, killing thousands needlessly.

"Why didn't you become a marine biologist if you love sharks so much?" He asked as she slipped her hand in his and the two made their way out of the dark room.

"I was never good in science. Besides, my job is alright. I do nothing for huge amounts of money...but I dunno, I just, eh.."

Geno nodded and squeezed her hand.

"Your birthday soon."

"January 21, I'm very excited." Violet rolled her eyes.

"What you want for birthday?" Geno asked her.

"I don't care. I just want to spend it with you." Violet smiled and Geno kissed her. He had an idea.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long!
Don't worry, my momentum is back.